not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

09 Jun 2007, 19:45

sorry al and ad

this will be a long strike then, cos us lads are not standing down.

09 Jun 2007, 20:35

Our bestest buddies Alan and Adam keep telling us that there's no more money on the table. . . . . am I the only one thinking that's not actually the problem anyway ?

The offer of 2.5% isn't exactly brilliant but it's the 6 into 5 summer duties, the covering sickness at no expense, the changing of hours, the loss of £12 a week shift money, the loss of the right to negotiate future pay deals, the incentive schemes that we can never achieve at local level, the loss of 40,000 jobs, and the other of the 22 strings that made me vote YES.

It may not take any more money to change the views of the majority, just cut off those bloody strings.

P.S. well done everybody on a real good result . . . . . 77.5% :Applause :Applause

09 Jun 2007, 21:56

just received this reply from Crozier concerning the strike action statement on the ballot paper

I'm afraid you are not correct.
The law changed some time ago and is now very clear.
If they ask you to vote on a strike then that is the only action they can ask you to take.
The union are very well aware of this and have , I'm sorry to say, been misleading people on this by saying that they will not ask people to strike.
Working to rule and refusing overtime are both illegal under this ballot.
Please feel free to check this with your manager on monday and you will find that it is correct.
All the best

He wished me all the best!!!!!!!!!!!! and to check with my manager not the union there's a surprise
does anyone what exact statement was on the ballot paper?so I may quote it in the future

09 Jun 2007, 22:03

1st of all it aint from Crozier himself,i think we can work that one out.
Second of all,people have a look in the Burslem thread and the on the vans thread.
My DO is on the vans and i aint been sacked or pulled up.
We get s**t and they talk bollox but they can't touch us.

09 Jun 2007, 22:27

Sorry i still can't get my head round this refusing overtime being illegal, if a screw comes up to me on Monday and says do i want 2 hours overtime and i say no am i breaking the law :shock:

09 Jun 2007, 22:30

ade@cambs wrote:Sorry i still can't get my head round this refusing overtime being illegal, if a screw comes up to me on Monday and says do i want 2 hours overtime and i say no am i breaking the law :shock:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
You don't have to do OT END OF.

09 Jun 2007, 22:34

POSTMAN wrote:
ade@cambs wrote:Sorry i still can't get my head round this refusing overtime being illegal, if a screw comes up to me on Monday and says do i want 2 hours overtime and i say no am i breaking the law :shock:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
You don't have to do OT END OF.

Thats ok i don't anyway
:Very Happy

09 Jun 2007, 22:41

what about the work to rule bit?

09 Jun 2007, 22:46

It's not a work to rule.
You just dont wanna come in early,dont wanna use your car,you wanna have your break,you wanna weigh your bags........
Check the 2 threads (and your 318)out,burslem have been doing it for over 8+ months,my office about 2 months.
Me and my guys are still here
:Very Happy

Dont believe the management threats!!!!

10 Jun 2007, 09:52

%100 correct postman,that is the way the job SHOULD be done :Applause

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2