not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



08 Jun 2007, 21:25

Saving jobs

How many old timers would take early retiirement would leave if the deal was right?

Why dont RM get their automation in (its already paid for) then the DOM and union rep for every del office can sit down together and make a honest assement and if they are now top heavy on staff.

I suspect that process would produce less job reductions than RM would like.

08 Jun 2007, 22:21

madsorter wrote:Good answers, im just asking if people are 100% committed and ready for an all outer thats all


Been said 100 times by Dave Ward:

' A strike will be the very last resort with minimum cost to CWU members
and maximum pressure to Royal Mail.'

So.........................

cjp is right

08 Jun 2007, 22:46

CJP
You couldn't have put it any better.
Thats exactly what RM wants, slave labour with no rights!!
Won't be long that you'll have to pick a round and thats your set work with no overtime or cut off when your late
because of heavy mail etc.
It dosen't bare thinking about.
We can't let that pratt leighton, the arrogant git, do an 'asda' to us as a union.----no sick pay, no rights, team c**p working, colleague bullsh*t.
We can't let them take us back to victorian days which is where we are headed. Thanks Thatcher you b**tch. And lionel. lionel blair that is. :mad

08 Jun 2007, 23:48

Big Daz wrote:Saving jobs

How many old timers would take early retiirement would leave if the deal was right?

Why dont RM get their automation in (its already paid for) then the DOM and union rep for every del office can sit down together and make a honest assement and if they are now top heavy on staff.

I suspect that process would produce less job reductions than RM would like.


great post , and definately the way forward imo, get the walksort machines in etc (they are coming lads get over it) and assess the situation from there by some good redundancy packages etc for the excess jobs (voluntary of course), or move to other posts in the business

08 Jun 2007, 23:52

Walk sorting machies are not the super dooper things they claim to be.
There's a guy on here who trialed them.
BUT let them put them in then we'll see.
Anybody on here wann do (officially,by a national aggreement) 4,4-30,5 hr walks?
Bring on the ballot i say :Very Happy

08 Jun 2007, 23:57

POSTMAN wrote:
madsorter wrote:Good answers, im just asking if people are 100% committed and ready for an all outer thats all


Been said 100 times by Dave Ward:

' A strike will be the very last resort with minimum cost to CWU members
and maximum pressure to Royal Mail.'

So.........................


Hmm so what did we vote FOR? Thought the vote was FOR industrial action? The ballot paper said vote for a strike, the way i see it the only reason at all to bother with a ballot is if we are going to follow through with it definately and quickly, imo tho even tho im backing my decision and striking it out...... this will get MESSY. Two very stubborn sides going on here, the union are stronger and more united than ever in a cause, however i simpy dont see RM being bullied over this issue......BECAUSE..........wether i like it or not... wether U like it or not........i actually agree the business needs modernisation.

09 Jun 2007, 00:05

madsorter wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:
madsorter wrote:Good answers, im just asking if people are 100% committed and ready for an all outer thats all


Been said 100 times by Dave Ward:

' A strike will be the very last resort with minimum cost to CWU members
and maximum pressure to Royal Mail.'

So.........................


Hmm so what did we vote FOR? Thought the vote was FOR industrial action? The ballot paper said vote for a strike, the way i see it the only reason at all to bother with a ballot is if we are going to follow through with it definately and quickly, imo tho even tho im backing my decision and striking it out...... this will get MESSY. Two very stubborn sides going on here, the union are stronger and more united than ever in a cause, however i simpy dont see RM being bullied over this issue......BECAUSE..........wether i like it or not... wether U like it or not........i actually agree the business needs modernisation.


We will strike,you can bet your bottom dollar we will,but like DW said above,not out and stay out.
Modernisation,unless the union are lieing they are up for it as well and had a plan WITH RM that RM have welched on.
RM are panicking because they've f****d up.
Chances are over the next coming weeks the strings will get less and less.
I can see us pehaps getting to the stage where there are strings but not as many and as bad as at 1st.
RM hit us with loads and have a bottom limit of what they want.
Both parties start at either end and meet somewhere in the middle.
Its just that this time RM have started so far away.

09 Jun 2007, 00:25

i hope your right mate i really do, i hope im soooo wrong and rm do back down quickly!!!! Got some advice today in where you stand mortgage wise and bill wise when you strike for a long time lol. apparantly you can get them all froze for a while if its official action??? that true anyone know? Old bloke at work told me from when he did a 3 monther a long time ago

09 Jun 2007, 01:17

:neutral: Don't quote me on it though,i'm just rambling a bit. :crazy:

09 Jun 2007, 10:01

Just had a letter from messers Leighton and Crozier expect u have all received it this morning lol

Usual rubbish however one thing, " to be clear, the union has balloted for strike action - so under the law it can only ask u to take strike action, - not refuse overtime or work to rule."

Is that right? if so then I guess we strike unless they decide to re-negotiate which is doubtfull at pres

:wave

09 Jun 2007, 11:26

I thought overtime was volountary, i choose not to do overtime, and i also choose to do the job how RM have told me to do it, on the vans, they cant force you to use your car or do overtime, so how can that be industrial action...
UNITY IS STRENGTH.

lets fight

09 Jun 2007, 11:49

Me thinks it will be a long drawn out and lengthy battle cos as I said before there is a lot at stake We need to keep our cool and stick together. In our office the managers are already looking for those that are thinking about comming in and telling them that they will protect them. We will have to reasure our weaker minded collegues that to win we need to show strength in UNITY :nana

09 Jun 2007, 12:49

I think it's a terrible admission from the chairman that the business is heavily relying on overtime,and it's often peoples goodwill that keeps the
mail getting delivered.
For me this is a clear indication that without peoples help,they simply couldn't cope.
Mr Leighton has given the union the answer in this letter,he has attempted to create a part-time workforce before the capacity allows.
Overtime has and always will be,voluntary,but offices up and down the land will tell you not a week goes by without the need for docket.
So for the union to suggest we shouldn't help would create major problems, i 've said it before and i'll say it again,it's staring us in the face.
Let the part timers come in on there 25 hours,but only 25 hours,no more and let the managers worry about whats left.

talks

10 Jun 2007, 18:17

Did i hear the radio right that R.M want to hold talks with cwu?,cant see nothing on teletext, if someone heard anything let us know cheers

Re: talks

10 Jun 2007, 18:48

torman wrote:Did i hear the radio right that R.M want to hold talks with cwu?,cant see nothing on teletext, if someone heard anything let us know cheers

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/forum/vi ... php?t=1641

19 Jun 2007, 16:20

firstly the union need to sort some dates out for if and when we are going out..

Previous page Next page


Page 2 of 2   1, 2