not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

07 Jun 2007, 20:33

:no no

Listened to the 6'0 Clock new and was happy withe my pay rise - posties now earn £21,000 a year (that was what was reported). I have told them the actuals 324.57 a week (less than 17,000 a year) and they took the comments on board but I think that the more of use that confirm this the better, it look like we are being greed from the BBC/Goverment/RM are all they the same - Tony Blair - all "goverment businesses)

Please support me/us and tell them the truth 08700 100 222 - obviously they asked an inner London Postie (thats where they are all based)

07 Jun 2007, 20:37

Phone the BBC and correct them 08700 100 222 we don't earn 21,000 per year less the 17,000 (21,000 salary for posties quoted on the BBC 6 o'clock news).

We need public sympathy with us not against us.

Phone and complain, I have.

Sorry all about multiple posts - kept getting a bebug error

07 Jun 2007, 20:45

:Confused

07 Jun 2007, 21:01

07 Jun 2007, 23:20

Allan's come out all stuff democracy, you'll do as I bloody say.

He's determined to get us to the gate.
The bloke's a menace.

07 Jun 2007, 23:22

Leighton's come out with a stuff democracy news brief.

harping on about the 20,000 non union members who didn't get a vote.
He's determined to implement 'his' change & sod the consiquences.

the bloke's a menace.

07 Jun 2007, 23:46

world_wide_wilf wrote:Leighton's come out with a stuff democracy news brief.

harping on about the 20,000 non union members who didn't get a vote.
He's determined to implement 'his' change & sod the consiquences.

the bloke's a menace.

Too Right Wilf! The man offered me a chance, in the PR blizzard about this dispute, to "choose my future" and I have!! Along with the majority of those who voted I chose to tell him to stop playing 19th-century IR games with my livelihood and get back to the table with my union and work something out! Why wait x amount of months before Trade and Industry MAKE him go to ACAS ? It'll be interesting to see what he does now.

09 Jun 2007, 13:53

Postal workers vote for strike action
CWU conference 2007
Workers in the CWU across the different sectors of the postal industry have given a massive vote in favour of strike action in a national ballot. The results, announced at the CWU conference in Bournemouth on Thursday 7 June, were a victory for activists, militants and the leadership. If Royal Mail does not change course then picket lines could go up within as little as ten days, on the first national postal strike in eleven years....more at http://www.workerspower.com/index.php?cwu_z38

and more from conference...

CWU conference rejects Alan Johnson and gives notice to Labour
Question of a New Workers Party falls off the agenda
The 2007 Communication Workers Union annual conference is meeting in Bournemouth at a crucial time for the postal and telecoms union. In the middle of a strike ballot against Royal Mail, conference served notice to the Labour Party that unless it reins in the competition between private postal services and RM, the CWU could stop funding the party. At the same time conference overwhelmingly rejected the CWU national executive's support for Alan Johnson in the Labour Deputy Leader contest. Johnson is an outspoken Blair loyalist and positive enthusiast for opening the public sector to market forces.... more at http://www.workerspower.com/index.php?cwu_z38

11 Jun 2007, 16:56

Has anyone heard something about RM taking CWU to court saying the ballot was invalid because they balloted members who allegedly were not affected by the pay offer?

How true is this?

12 Jun 2007, 22:31

NOT HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT R/M CHALLENGING THE BALLOT RESULT.

SOLIDARITY WE NOW NEED TO STICK TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!

ID LIKE TO CONGRATULATE EACH MEMBER THAT VOTED YES.
EVERY SINGLE BRANCH IN THE COUNTRY GOT A YES VOTE
SO FOR THOSE WHO SAY THERE IS A NORTH SOUTH DEVIDE
I DONT THINK SO.THE HIGHEST VOTING BRANCH WAS FROM THE NORTH WEST.
P.S THEY LIKE THEIR PIES.......

12 Jun 2007, 22:34

fedup postie wrote:Has anyone heard something about RM taking CWU to court saying the ballot was invalid because they balloted members who allegedly were not affected by the pay offer?

How true is this?

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/forum/vi ... php?t=1687

12 Jun 2007, 22:34

fedup postie wrote:Has anyone heard something about RM taking CWU to court saying the ballot was invalid because they balloted members who allegedly were not affected by the pay offer?

How true is this?

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/forum/vi ... php?t=1687

Previous page Next page

Page 4 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4