not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

06 Jun 2007, 19:03

Plodder wrote:I think we should hold a ballot for manwithnovan, i for one am behind you all the way.

SAY NO TO DECORATING, IT'S OUR RIGHT AS MEN TO SAY BOLLOX I'M GOING DOWN THE BOZZER!

they wanted equal rights, so they can decorate, oh s**t here comes the wife......BYE :Very Happy

Thanks Plodder i will let her know your veiws.......Where do you live :Very Happy

06 Jun 2007, 19:08

Plodder wrote:I think we should hold a ballot for manwithnovan, i for one am behind you all the way.

SAY NO TO DECORATING, IT'S OUR RIGHT AS MEN TO SAY BOLLOX I'M GOING DOWN THE BOZZER!

they wanted equal rights, so they can decorate, oh s**t here comes the wife......BYE :Very Happy

Godley & Creme and "Under your Thumb" sprang to mind when I read this post.

ballot result

06 Jun 2007, 19:15

hope we are on strike as i told the wife i wont be able to afford a new shed :nana

Re: Decorating whilst on strike

06 Jun 2007, 19:20

Postman1962 wrote:Remember Chubbys facts

whoever invented decorating wants f***ing and
whoever invented f***ing wants decorating!!

Thats more facts in two lines than in the last 2 years of WTLL

Good luck whatever all

Iam with chubby on this one, by the way what the feck is WTLL? :oops:

casual staff

06 Jun 2007, 19:21

Does anybody know if we do an overtime ban or work to rule can the screws bring in the casuals :no no

Re: Decorating whilst on strike

06 Jun 2007, 19:27

Plodder wrote:
Postman1962 wrote:Remember Chubbys facts

whoever invented decorating wants f***ing and
whoever invented f***ing wants decorating!!

Thats more facts in two lines than in the last 2 years of WTLL

Good luck whatever all

Iam with chubby on this one, by the way what the feck is WTLL? :oops:

The time when you receive the bull every week - Work Time Listening and Learing or Waste Time Lieing and Listening

06 Jun 2007, 19:45

Hopfully not within driving distance of your place :Very Happy :Very Happy

06 Jun 2007, 19:58

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I think OT Ban and Work to rule.

That would definetly work wonders in my office, the buckden boys/lass are unable to complete most days. We have day off working every week (amount of day off working does vary from week to week) so deliverys would be uncovered exposing staff shortages and RM inability to recruit enough staff.

06 Jun 2007, 20:06

Big Daz wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I think OT Ban and Work to rule.

That would definetly work wonders in my office, the buckden boys/lass are unable to complete most days. We have day off working every week (amount of day off working does vary from week to week) so deliverys would be uncovered exposing staff shortages and RM inability to recruit enough staff.

May work in some offices but what about the non union members they would just be left to clear up. I my office we have somemany people on short contracts that need the overtime to survive. I can live on my 24 hour week - have you tried to live on £160. Most of the later joiners of RM are part-time and have never joind the union. Union rates are the only think in RM that are none prorata.

work to rule

06 Jun 2007, 20:14

the last i heard is was said to be estimated at around 65 to 70 % for a yes vote not too sure where they get the info from but lets hope it true or we are ALL SCREWED even the ones who voted no "you fools" how can anyone want to work longer in the winter and do extra walks for chuf all when someones sick or when they decide the mail is light and lets not forget about the door to doors which they want to increase but reduce payment for, being a postie is a job not a way of life we will proberly still be here in a few years , the ones who are shafting us will not be

work to rule should do for starters and total overtime ban as well :nana

RATS ABANDON SINKING SHIPS :no no

06 Jun 2007, 20:23

Postman 1962 said
May work in some offices but what about the non union members they would just be left to clear up. I my office we have somemany people on short contracts that need the overtime to survive. I can live on my 24 hour week - have you tried to live on £160. Most of the later joiners of RM are part-time and have never joind the union. Union rates are the only think in RM that are none prorata.

But surely they cant cover them all, and it may be possible to convince these ones why we are doing what we are doing and that if we stick together they have a better chance of getting better terms in the future.

Re: casual staff

06 Jun 2007, 21:10

sean38 wrote:Does anybody know if we do an overtime ban or work to rule can the screws bring in the casuals :no no

Apparently it's against the law to bring them in,it's posted on the board somewhere.

06 Jun 2007, 21:22

In my office, union membership has shot up as no one wants these so called "strings" or to have to cross a picket line. United we stand, divided we fall.

06 Jun 2007, 21:40

saga wrote:In my office, union membership has shot up as no one wants these so called "strings" or to have to cross a picket line. United we stand, divided we fall.

United we are all left to come back on RM terms; they are likely to hold out and enforce other terms on a return to work. Remember Maggie and the goverment has mot changed since then - only the names in the frames.

We will not be backed by the public unless they understand that we are been asked to take a pay cut - rise less than inflation - people must leave and not be replaced therefore more work for everybody. Posties do a very labour instensive task and can't walk all day with heavy bags.

The office side of the job is deminishing so we have a dilema - it has to be more out there on the street walking/driving but lets split the rounds and share vans in pairs half a walk and half a van round (3.5 hr walk 2 hours parcels/businesses/farms/etc). This keeps our hours and makes it fair all round. Sorry to say but sod the time servered rules and lets all be fair, at the end of the day we are all posties.

I have to jump in.

06 Jun 2007, 23:02

Have some respect guys this is a serious forum about serious issues.

OF COURSE YOU SHOULD DECORATE ON YOUR STRIKE DAY!! :crazy:

overtime is not guaranteed

06 Jun 2007, 23:24

overtime is not guaranteed when we start to work for royalmail we know what we are paid full time and part time in our office we had an overtime ban and we all stuck together and got through it, nobody is saying its forever ,we all have holidays or go on sick and we get by on a flat wage , we are doing this for a better future

united we stand divided we fall

06 Jun 2007, 23:50

Trouble with work to rule, is there anyone who knows what that is?
Trouble with Overtime ban is I don't do Overtime so I'll not get a chance at industrial action.

It's gotta be rolling one day stoppages.
or half days (that should bugger up the decorating also :wink:

Nothing' is guaranteed

07 Jun 2007, 00:01

Image Top post by MAGNUM. Nothin' is guaranteed. If [color=red] RM win this dispute the applecart get's tipped up and anything goes. The posties who rely on overtime are in for a BIGSHOCK-----------------a KWAK in time saves nineImagePS my colors are bust

vote

07 Jun 2007, 01:31

Ballot result is announced at 11:45@ Conference

3 ballots
Royal Mail
POL
Cash in transit

I predict 3 yes votes....
Massive is Royal Mail
Good in POL and CIT

A yes vote for us is a vote of no confidence for leighton and crozier. We must turn the yes votes into a call for their heads!!

Yes

07 Jun 2007, 05:39

I have heard on the grape vine a 65% yes from the Royal Mail Ballot

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4