not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

30 May 2007, 07:46

Well said, cornishrep. :Applause
Even if management have no pride whatsoever in their workforce, we can always take pride in ourselves and each other. :Very Happy

A no vote will be disastrous for everyone working below the level of DOM , why anyone working in the front line would agree to
Leighton & Crozier's idiotic plans is beyond me.

SOLIDARITY IS THE KEY TO OUR FUTURE, STICK WITH YOUR MATES , SUPPORT THE CWU. :wave

30 May 2007, 19:19

ANDY
Take heed of this quote issued by US General "Vinegar Joe Stilwell (1883-1946)

illegitimis non carborundum

Dont Let the Bastards Grind you Down.

This should be our Battle Cry
VOTE YES

There are many lawful ways to win a dispute without an all out strike have faith mate

Pilla box mate!!!

30 May 2007, 21:36

That has been my battle cry, and one of the Boys of ELMO.. (CFC. Lates)

good ol vinagar joe!!!!

DONT LET THE BASTARDS GRIND US DOWN!!!

ps THE LATIN AINT NEEDED AS THR SLIME CANT READ IT!!! :d'oh!

30 May 2007, 22:55

Good for you Tommo
Keep up the good work

:Applause

01 Jun 2007, 08:06

pillar box wrote:ANDY

VOTE YES

There are many lawful ways to win a dispute without an all out strike have faith mate

OKso can someone tell me what those ways are please? All i ever hear talk about both from managers and colleages is STRIKE. I realy do not want to strike but if the union call one then I will, but would would rather not if there is another way ......enlighten me please!!

01 Jun 2007, 11:18

Tiza wrote:
pillar box wrote:ANDY

VOTE YES

OKso can someone tell me what those ways are please? All i ever hear talk about both from managers and colleages is STRIKE. I realy do not want to strike but if the union call one then I will, but would would rather not if there is another way ......enlighten me please!!

I also work at mdec, as I do not know if u r a Manager or even a cwu member, I am not happy to enlighten u to wot form if any i/a action that could take place. Also if u r a cwu member of long standing u would know of in past disputes how i/a takes place. To conclude in my years as a Royal Mail employee there have only been 2 national disputes.

01 Jun 2007, 11:19

Have FAITH from our area which is STOKE ON TRENT the feedback is a massive YES VOTE but then its not to difficult when you've had as many disputes as us over the year.

When this result is announced at conference in a few days time Royal Mail are goIng to be really foolish if they ignore us
theres still a few days of voting left get out there and make those colleagues who have'nt voted yet do so and make it a YES.

WE ARE VOTING FOR A FUTURE LETS GET A MASSIVE YES VOTE . BRING IT ON .

Tiza....

01 Jun 2007, 13:51

Is u is or is u aint a CWU Member???? If so u would of recieved a FEW letters from DAVE WARD CWU and u would also recieve a few from Old Big al and lil adam From ROYAL MAIL..... If you aint heard enough on this site and with all the propaganda flying about i ask you to take time out and read a few post on ere about STRIKES and Union room Forum... Get a grip of the threads and make up your own mind!!! As much as i commend you for saying you WOULD WALK OUT.. This is the same for i would say 99% OF US WHO SAID YES.... We all DONT WANT TO LOSE £££££ and we all want a job that pays a average wage.... No strings and rights that WE ALL DEMAND!!!!

So as a wise old man once said... "GO N FIND OUT FOR YA SELF LUV." In meen time if you want any Q answered on how Tottenham will do in the next season??? IM YA MAN!!! :Very Happy

OUT

VOTE YES FOR A SAY IN OUR FUTURE.. A NO IS NO WAYFORWARD!!!! END OFF!!!!

01 Jun 2007, 18:41

A STRIKE IS THE ONLY OPTION THIS TIME ROUND. AS I POSTED BEFORE, IT COSTS RM £300M IN FINES FOR 1 DAYS STRIKE. HOW MANY OF THESE STRIKE DAYS DO YOU THINK RM CAN TAKE. LEIGHTON MAYBE AN IDIOT, BUT HE DON'T WANNA BE REMEMBERED AS THE MAN THAT FINISHED THE OLDEST POSTAL SERVICE IN THE WORLD. IF THE UNION ANNOUNCE A 1 DAY STOPPAGE, YOU CAN BET LEIGHTONS ARSE CHEEKS WILL START TWITCHING AND HE WILL SEND HIS BOYS BACK ROUND THE TABLE. IF HE DOESN'T THEN IT WILL COST HIM ANOTHER £300M IN REGULATOR FINES. :so there :so there

VOTE YES. CWU, CALL THE STRIKE, CALL LEIGHTONS BLUFF AND GET THE NO STRINGS PAY RISE WE ALL DESERVE :Applause :Applause :Applause

01 Jun 2007, 19:16

One of the ways to win this dispute is shown in red on top of this web page.
Another way is stop using cars on delivery this will f**k up Royal Mail delivery's.

Another way you could pull out at random some key Mail Centres on a one day strike.

I am sure CWU HQ can think of many more ways to win this dispute but at the end of the day its up to the members whether or not that want a UNION to protect them.

Leyton calls trade Unions a Dinosaur thinking that they are extinct (The Crocodile is a living Dinosaur and it can bite back)

VOTE YES :wave

01 Jun 2007, 21:14

The only way to win this dispute is by solidarity in any action you take. I already hear the comments about overtime and changing of contracts rumours to discourage any action.

01 Jun 2007, 22:59

andycprice wrote:The only way to win this dispute is by solidarity in any action you take. I already hear the comments about overtime and changing of contracts rumours to discourage any action.
ImageImage Andy mate! You can't deny your ETHOS!! It's obvious to all of us by your posts, that you are one of us and you've got the shitty end of the stick. It seems to me you are trying to hold back your true feelings. Give in to them mate and put your hurt behind you, it's holding you back---------- A cementing over the KWAKImage

05 Jun 2007, 19:42

all that matters is do not scab royal mail and the goverment are pulling us down vote yes and stand.

05 Jun 2007, 19:57

donny lad wrote:all that matters is do not scab royal mail and the goverment are pulling us down vote yes and stand.

Well said my Yorkshire comrade.

05 Jun 2007, 20:06

up the yorkshire posties. lets stand and save our future . if we get a no vote now royal mail dies and we die with it .

05 Jun 2007, 20:15

donny lad wrote:up the yorkshire posties. lets stand and save our future . if we get a no vote now royal mail dies and we die with it .

Actually, I'm a Lancashire lad. Born in Liverpool, but Solidarity anyway!

"We'll beat the strike breakers and bosses, if we just make a stand!"

05 Jun 2007, 20:22

anywhere in the country we need the yes vote.

Solidarity rules and we must stick together

06 Jun 2007, 15:02

Yes us White and Red rose counties are going to stand solid behind the union I think.

14 Jun 2007, 11:51

There is a RM DOM called Boggie 40 on the going on about a split in the Union ranks,"thick postmen in suits letting you all down", RM didn't spend two years trying to play people up against the Union for nothing!, but splits are what RM want. If it was up to AL/AC there would be @ the worst a "sweetheart" union, or a staff association to do pensions, benefits etc. AL's Walmart , they "avoid" unions.
I have seen dodgy reps with the RMT , the usual stereotypes & horror stories, like with the CWU.
I do agree with some points about the leadership. The left wanted rid of Keggie as they saw him as another wannabe politican like Johnson.My view is , the "corrupt" right wing old guard of the RMT got you something ! in the circumstances , given the bigger picture. Jimmy Knapp had uses for Crowe as a negotiater.
My view is both sides have backed themselves into a corner and it's another Mexican standoff, the handling is poor on both sides, however AL/AC are basically the hired hachet men, otherwise it'd be villified New Labour Ministers like Nurse Ratchet/Patronising Pat.
The bigger picture is Neo-liberalism/swing to the right in Europe, New Labour , DTI V Treasury , Brown V Blair, are we all pawns in bigger games?. I'll probably be attacked for this but I'm trying to go down the middle. If the CWU act amateurish they will be treated as such , maybe a top down/ bottom up reform and inquiry is needed.

14 Jun 2007, 12:06

My apologies lads for the three submissions of the same message, I mistakenly thought there was a Network Problem with either Virgin Media or the web server, 1 submission failed , I should have been more patient as the general error in sending obviously righted itself .

Previous page Next page

Page 4 of 5   1, 2, 3, 4, 5