not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

27 May 2007, 20:31

I agree. If you don't agree with me tell me don't e.mail me. (although I did e.mail back as good as I got)

This was supposed to be a debate, due to comments made here I've decided not to vote at all now (better than a no vote).

I would vote yes to strike action but I'm still too bitter about they way I've been treated by this union.

Debate works, threats don't.

27 May 2007, 20:58

I think TBT says it all,also.

If you don't agree with someone's opinion then write a rebuttal

Just a couple of things.
Abuse ect and the like by PM's is 100% not on.
With regards to e-mails,if your e-mail is showing on the board and i know Andys is then it's the same as the above.
That's standard on message boards all over so we're no different here,regardless whether it's a screw or someone with different views.
I'll contact the sender and have a word.
It's been a good debate so far and has been done in a grown up way,shame it's been spoilt.
I'm also going to update this in the rules.

27 May 2007, 20:58

Glad to hear the sensible approach Andy even if you have decided not to vote Yes at least you have the sense not to vote No. As with regards the Email, I agree with the Admin, it should not have been sent, this forum is a place where we as postmen and Women can stand together, have discussions and sometimes arguments but leave the bully tactics to the employer.

27 May 2007, 21:08

It's down to this debate I'm now abstaining. Without this debate I was a definte no vote. Slagging each other off kills the debate and any constructive criticism.

Good luck to all and I hope you win.

27 May 2007, 22:12

andycprice wrote:It's down to this debate I'm now abstaining. Without this debate I was a definte no vote.

Which is why this forum is such a great thing to have. Without it people can feel alone and isolated but like you say, with this debate, you have had chance to see some side to the argument you may not necessarily thought of.

andycprice wrote:Slagging each other off kills the debate and any constructive criticism.

Good luck to all and I hope you win.

Couldnt agree more.

27 May 2007, 22:21

Its good that we have a chance to talk to each other.I was totally against a strike but after listening to experienced guys like you,i now have gained knowledge about RM that i never had before.So it is great that we inform each other.It just goes to prove what an excellent website this really is.Well done to the poeple who created it.

voting no

27 May 2007, 23:35

how can you vote no? Lack of investment over the years has put us in this position.Who do we have to thank
the top managment. :dance

28 May 2007, 01:00

Always use your vote, no matter what is said. Voting makes the union different from the Management, we the workers have a say in what happens. Management only care about one thing PROFIT. The union on the other hand cares about you. You will always get career minded individuals in unions due to the nature of their responsiblities. The CWU has moved from a postal union to a communications workers union so its remit has shifted from postal to communications, this means that it will still be here if the postal service was privatised. It may lose thousands of members with privatisation but it is looking for other members in the communications industry, this is a fact of life. We must remember that it is we the workers on the workfloor that are the real union, we face the daily attacks upon our working conditions and we must support our reps the best we can. Those in high positions within our union are divorced from the workforce by the very job they do. You have the ability to change the UNION representation you recieve, but you can't change your managers.
Use your vote, look at all the facts and make a decision. I'm voting YES I hope you will to, but its your choice.

No Vote

28 May 2007, 01:06

Well what can I say . My area Rep and my Branch support my members all the way, as an amal we stick together and do not allow gradual changes and impositions from management how ever hard they try.Each member is a valued asset to the Union and I would never cross a picket line and have in fact refused to cross other unions lines when they were on strike and then was threatened with suspension by rm. This was b4 I was a Rep and the Union fought on my behalf and won the arguement and I was not punished in any way.Since becoming a Rep I have been propositioned by management in all sorts of ways to "grease the wheels" and because of my beliefs have told them where to shove their offers of extra overtime ,allowances etc etc. Some people become reps due to the apathy of other members and are not always the right calibre for this most difficult of jobs, thats life and unfortunately we have to live with crap Reps as well as good ones, this does not mean the barrel is rotten just those apples that need removing.If you feel strongly get back get involved and believe me a no vote will mean no power to the rank and file who now batter our door down to get them help .A no vote strips the Union of power and what then??? I dread to think what sort of work environment it would be to come into each day. You go there you go here , no training no respite no arguements just do it or find another job if you dont like it !!! Thats what all those strings will mean a big YES vote will stop this happening .
I have just signed on as a Rep un apposed for the next 2 years based on my beliefs and strong commitment to a fair union for all. I have met members of the PEC and Dave Ward and I am convinced they are not in the job for money or credo they really do care about our members and have a more difficult job than we can imagine dealing with rm croniees who know sweet FA about our members and their needs and working life .
VOTE YES VOTE FOR YOUR FUTURE MATE

TOP POST

28 May 2007, 10:17

ImageImage A top post kettering rep,Image I'm gonna use some of that when I give 'em the next pep talk---------------KWAKKINGImage

I'll second that.........

28 May 2007, 10:37

......... Kawasakikid ! Nice one Ketteringrep ! :Applause :Applause :Applause :wave

28 May 2007, 19:15

When is the result? I heard it was 22nd June.

28 May 2007, 19:41

Andy

Although I fully appreciate you have the right to vote whichever way you see fit a no vote won`t harm your div rep but it will harm the members you have represented for seven years. So for there sake and the sake of all decent reps and members everywhere think twice before you vote no

28 May 2007, 20:07

Already had a re-think about my vote after comments on here Mick.

28 May 2007, 20:24

You're not voting for the union.
You're not voting for RM

You are voting for 'THE DEAL'
If it's a good deal then vote 'no' for IA.
If it's a bad deal then vote 'yes' for IA.

Love or hate the 'union' or 'RM' it does not matter.
Love or hate the 'deal' then it matters.

28 May 2007, 20:49

thought the result was 7th june

28 May 2007, 20:54

Aint it at the conference.

vote

29 May 2007, 00:40

Yes its the 7th June at Conference and I will be there to hear a positive YES and be at the best conference ever .Or it will be the worst conference in our long proud history if short sighted people who do not believe the job will change for the complete worst if a no result is announced do not get with it and see what is really going on . Job losses change to work patterns loss of indoor overtime impositions of early starts and so much executive action heads will be spinning in disbelief. Its got to be yes people a big positive YES to show rm we have had enough of this knee jerk short term action,with more strings in their deal than all the orchestras in uk . :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo!

Re: vote

29 May 2007, 21:30

ketteringrep wrote:Yes its the 7th June at Conference and I will be there to hear a positive YES and be at the best conference ever .Or it will be the worst conference in our long proud history if short sighted people who do not believe the job will change for the complete worst if a no result is announced do not get with it and see what is really going on . Job losses change to work patterns loss of indoor overtime impositions of early starts and so much executive action heads will be spinning in disbelief. Its got to be yes people a big positive YES to show rm we have had enough of this knee jerk short term action,with more strings in their deal than all the orchestras in uk . :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo!

Just to touch on this a bit further, I too will be at conference again this year and all I can say is, if there is a NO vote or a very slim majority on the YES vote, start packing your bags because if the majority is tiny RM are gonna smell blood and they will come looking for the Union and they will try to completely smash it along with all your working terms and conditions. :d'oh!
Love it or Hate it, if a NO vote goes through you won't have a Union and you won't have a voice :silenced , so let's just hope the last person doesn't have to turn off the light when the result is announced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VOTE YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Applause

leighton

29 May 2007, 22:44

Think asda my friends, that git leighton destroyed the union and replaced full time workers with all part time.
then he ran off and is trying to do the same to us!!
Don't let him do it! A no vote will finish the union.
could you live with smug managers taking the pee out of you everyday?????
i'd rather pull my own teeth.
I don't like saying it because all members are valuable but many part timers don't care!!
well do care it's your future as well!!
vote yes or it's curtains for cwu

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 5   1, 2, 3, 4, 5