not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Should of got a Lamby Andy!!!

25 May 2007, 23:05

Now i joke on ere but i feel for ya Andy.. Thats just WRONG what is happening to you!!

I agree Loyalty isnt on demand its earnt!!!

I feel sick as in my own case but still the bigger picture is the main issue now!!!

I have been let down from reps and HQ and the people know full well i could stick a few cats in amongst the pigions of the cwu HQ

But i still have faith in CWU as a whole!!!! My choice as u have yours!!! Is to pull out full stop..

But please dont stick the knife in just because of personal reasons!!! I feel like shouting about the bollox ive had but where would that get me??

Take care mate and if you want anytime a chat PM me!!! I know its out of order but PLEASE DO WHAT YOUR HEART TELLS YA!!!

GOOD MAN!!!!

out

Yes..............................

26 May 2007, 20:16

Andy, the vote is yours to do what ever you like with it. If you want to vote no, then do it!.
That is your democratic right in a free country.

You say you wont support the union anymore, which is also fine and acceptable considering your grief (although if you receive no support from management/union. I would inform them that at the next instant anything happens, you will call the police!)

My question to you is: Will you be returning any pay increase that is awarded through strike action?

You say you wont support the CWU. You say you will cross a picket line. Will you accept any financial gain from strike action?

Whether you like it or not, the CWU IS supporting you!

26 May 2007, 21:56

I'm sorry guys,but i aint in the union.They have done nothing for me in the past.I think if we go on strike we will hand all the work over to DHL,TNT and DAX.When we come back of strike,we will have a lot less mail to deliver because we will have lost a lot of our customers.What would you rather have,a well paid job or no job at all.If you go on strike you will be handing all the mail over to all our rivals ,as our customers will lose confidence in us and expect more for less with our rivals.Think about it,cheaper mail and less costs,don't add up if we go on strike.
If we go on strike,and lose a lot of customers,it won't be the 40 hour guys who lose out,but the other guys who are on casual or part time contracts who lose out.Then who is gonna cover you full timers days off.Seriously think about it guys,it's no good to strike.Love me or hate me,sorry.

26 May 2007, 22:22

Image Motley! Thank f**ck people like you are VERY much in the minority Image-------- a KWAK on youImage

26 May 2007, 22:24

if you were to vote no you must be one of the reps that is standing on his own.I have been a rep for the passed 4 years been threatened with suspension three times but my area rep and division rep have been with me all the way. We have a few bad apples in everything we do in life but please think of the future of yourself and the rest of your members that you have helped in the seven years that you have been a rep

26 May 2007, 22:32

Well cheers kawasakikid,i respect your opinion,but if your gonna get rude,then,f**k you.I would rather have a job at a normal wage than give my job to TNT,DHL or DAX,you prick,I thought us bikers stuck together.Enjoy your P45

26 May 2007, 23:07

motley wrote:Well cheers kawasakikid,i respect your opinion,but if your gonna get rude,then,f**k you.I would rather have a job at a normal wage than give my job to TNT,DHL or DAX,you p***k,I thought us bikers stuck together.Enjoy your P45
Image Motley, first of all I apologise for losing my cool. Secondly my Job comes before my Bike (no money no bike) Thirdly have you heard about the European Unions Liberalisation of the Postal Market? What's happening to US in or workplace is down to politics. This Government is forcing their policies upon us by employing Big AL and Li'l Ad to do it's dirty work. It dont have to be this way, a lot of Labour MPs are already working behind the scenes to bring about change. A determined action by RM staff will give more power to that political movement. As far as my P45 is concerned, if RM gets it's way 40,000 of us are going to get them anyway. Who's to say you or I will not be one of them?---------------a conciliatory KWAKImage

26 May 2007, 23:16

motley wrote:I'm sorry guys,but i aint in the union.They have done nothing for me in the past.I think if we go on strike we will hand all the work over to DHL,TNT and DAX.When we come back of strike,we will have a lot less mail to deliver because we will have lost a lot of our customers.What would you rather have,a well paid job or no job at all.If you go on strike you will be handing all the mail over to all our rivals ,as our customers will lose confidence in us and expect more for less with our rivals.Think about it,cheaper mail and less costs,don't add up if we go on strike.
If we go on strike,and lose a lot of customers,it won't be the 40 hour guys who lose out,but the other guys who are on casual or part time contracts who lose out.Then who is gonna cover you full timers days off.Seriously think about it guys,it's no good to strike.Love me or hate me,sorry.

Not sure whether you've voted yet but seems to me you've been listening and reading the RM PROPAGANDA.
Have a look through the forums mate.

In no way will us going on strike make all our customers sudenly pop off to the competitors,that is happening anyway,
they are going because they are greedy bastards and have thrown out 300 odd years of tradition for a pound note.
And where did you get the well payed job thing from!

Things will change for the seriously worse if they get their own way,a strike or a mass threat of a strike will calm things down and we would be able to negoatiate better terms.

Believe it mate,vote yes if you haven't voted yet.

26 May 2007, 23:39

Although I do not support some of the peoples views about not supporting the union during these testing times I can understand their feelings that the union is cut off from the members. I think we need to stick together right now but in the future the union needs to support its reps on the front line with better training and perhaps the introduction of paid full time area reps. We can not go on the way we have been with the lack of communication at local level

27 May 2007, 02:03

motley wrote:I'm sorry guys,but i aint in the union.They have done nothing for me in the past.I think if we go on strike we will hand all the work over to DHL,TNT and DAX.When we come back of strike,we will have a lot less mail to deliver because we will have lost a lot of our customers.What would you rather have,a well paid job or no job at all.If you go on strike you will be handing all the mail over to all our rivals ,as our customers will lose confidence in us and expect more for less with our rivals.Think about it,cheaper mail and less costs,don't add up if we go on strike.

Motley, it makes no difference whether you are out on delivery or inside proccessing, take a look at the next few letters you handle. Look at the top right hand corner, do you see a stamp or a mark of an "S"????

The mail wont be handed to the competition as we deliver all the competions mail! We strike, their mail sits in our mail centres. All the competition want is the lorry loads of mail theycan trunk up and down the motorways, they are not a bit interested in getting the letter through the letter box.

27 May 2007, 09:57

What would you rather have,a well paid job or no job at all

I don't understand your problem here.

If you are willing to work for any amount of wages under any conditions surely you will have no problem finding another job.

The problem is that if you want decent wages and fair working conditions.

There is only one way to get these things -- you have to fight for them!

27 May 2007, 11:39

Sorry about that kawasakikid,beer took hold of me last night.I now realise what is going on here.All you guys have a lot more experience than me with regards Royal Mails attitudes and policies.Sorry all you guys,i'll just shut up and listen.

27 May 2007, 11:44

motley wrote:Sorry all you guys,i'll just shut up and listen.

Please don't you may be in a minority but your views are as valid as the rest. Please post often as this type of board works well when different opinions are posted.

27 May 2007, 11:56

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
motley wrote:Sorry all you guys,i'll just shut up and listen.

Please don't you may be in a minority but your views are as valid as the rest. Please post often as this type of board works well when different opinions are posted.

Yes,and in all fairness if people are willing to vote 'no' then it's interesting as to know why they would.

27 May 2007, 12:07

andycprice wrote:That's a good point dinho.

I agree with dinho, andy. If you can't see past your own personal grievances with the union, and completely
disregard the overall bigger picture , then if you haven't already cut your nose off to spite your face , don't vote at all.

It's not what I'd call the perfect solution, because a massive YES vote would really take the wind out of Leighton's sails,
but at least by not putting your x in the "no" box, you won't be accused by those two cretins of expressly giving your consent to their disastrous
plans for us all. :no no
Last edited by DirtyHarry on 27 May 2007, 12:24, edited 1 time in total.

27 May 2007, 12:23

motley wrote:Sorry about that kawasakikid,beer took hold of me last night.I now realise what is going on here.All you guys have a lot more experience than me with regards Royal Mails attitudes and policies.Sorry all you guys,i'll just shut up and listen.

Good on yer for that admission, motley. I take it you haven't voted yet then ? The argument I will put forward,
as to why you should vote YES , is to put it in a nutshell, this , a massive YES vote will almost certainly protect your job, your pay,
your terms and conditions of work , and could go a long way in seeing Leighton & Crozier being either removed from their positions by
the government, or they go of their own validity because they'll have less scope to asset strip our industry.

As for customers taking their business elsewhere, POSTMAN has already quite accurately pointed out that it's been happening for a while
now, even without a sniff of industrial action , and with our supposed very high levels of quality.

All in all , it's not rocket science , motley. If you want to keep what you've got , FIGHT ! VOTE YES.

27 May 2007, 19:32

I posted this on here to encourage a debate as I have explained before. I have not yet voted and may take the advice of not voting at all. What made me laugh today was that some absolute moron e.mailed me this......

you dont fool me dickhead. i bet your a manager not a rep.never heard of your office and if your for real who is your branch sec.what a sad little man you are,go ahead and cross the pickets the masses will prevail in the end and your mate leighton will run off into the sewers like the rat he is!

This was sent from an imbecile called[edited by POSTMAN] I'd like to point out that its "You're" not "your" (bad grammer), my office bitterne manor does exist, my branch secretary is Ray Pearce, Leighton isn't my mate.

Very moronic individual and was that the intention of this "Royal Mail Chat" forum, to allow cyber bullying?

27 May 2007, 20:02

andycprice wrote:I posted this on here to encourage a debate as I have explained before. I have not yet voted and may take the advice of not voting at all. What made me laugh today was that some absolute moron e.mailed me this......

you dont fool me dickhead. i bet your a manager not a rep.never heard of your office and if your for real who is your branch sec.what a sad little man you are,go ahead and cross the pickets the masses will prevail in the end and your mate leighton will run off into the sewers like the rat he is!

This was sent from an imbecile called I'd like to point out that its "You're" not "your" (bad grammer), my office bitterne manor does exist, my branch secretary is Ray Pearce, Leighton isn't my mate.

Very moronic individual and was that the intention of this "Royal Mail Chat" forum, to allow cyber bullying?

Thats slander on Andys good name!

Why is this individual flying beneath the radar?

How many of you have heard of st neots deilvery office i work? Not many i expect Yet its the largest town in cambridgeshire

If every sinle DO was to be put in front of us i wouldnt reconize every one!

27 May 2007, 20:08

J walsh you are rather silly

Check out CWU website link http://www.cwu.org/default.asp?Step=4&pid=575 were it says

Walk Sequencing
The Union has agreed to a trial of walk sequencing at Bitterne Manor Delivery Office in Southampton. (Link to Terms of Reference)

The objective of the trial is to identify the potential consequence of introducing postcode sequenced Mail and walk sequenced mail into Delivery Offices.

The trial will look at all aspects such as Health and Safety, operational issues, practical problems, work measurement etc.

The trial is expected to run for 3 months with regular national and local reviews.

Consideration is already being given to testing walk sequencing machines in Delivery Offices at a later date.

This took all of 60 seconds to find searching the internet for royal mail Bitterne Manor so why didnt J Walsh do this?

27 May 2007, 20:16

As one of the Moderators I have to say in my opinion this is totally unacceptable. It is ok to disagree on this forum but emailing someone with this type of intimidation is not on. It is childish and crass. If you don't agree with someone's opinion then write a rebuttal, but don't adopt the bully boy tactics that Crozier and Leighton may do.

It may also break the agreement you accepted when you joined this board.

Whoever you are I cannot and will not condone such behaviour, and you have damaged your side of the discussion and strength of your position in doing such a stupid thing.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 5   1, 2, 3, 4, 5