not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

REX

19 May 2020, 17:00

We are doing rex but at the moment only following drop order not times so u can go ahead of times
What are other depos doing are you following it to the letter ?

REX

19 May 2020, 17:01

I'm talking about auto rex

REX

19 May 2020, 19:08

Been doing it for a few weeks now. We just follow the sequence, well some of us. Bit of a pain in the morning when you load your van with 100+ parcels one way, and REX decides the parcels that are totally buried should be the first ones delivered. :cry It gets better as the mornings goes on but the start point always seems really random. Too many timed parcels tends to totally throw it, but the powers that be want this, so best to just try and work with it.

REX

01 Jun 2020, 20:08

Its a load of wank whoever gave the great feedback cant have done the job before surely going to the same road 4 times delivering to neighbours at different times trying to do collections when your van still full no time given for collections either oh sorry 4 mins yeah cant really load van until i see manifest yeah how are same day ad hocs gonna work then oh and 9's and 10's , on a separate note gary simpson says revenue below target mmmmmmmmm

REX

01 Jun 2020, 21:37

It's below target because it's costing more in courier drivers and agency overtime on Sat and sun without rex auto I can do 120 stops today did 88 failed the rest sent me out with 125 Muppets also Simpson saying less b2b delivery in the net work they just don't get one box at a time
But house calls do
I don't understand rex auto

REX

01 Jun 2020, 22:04

yeah me neither i have been following sequence since they said you have to hoping it would improve but since scheduled collections are now after 2pm it has got worse which i thought it couldn't get any worse .another example how bad it is i drove past 1 shop about 5 times done drops almost next door when it was time it was closed, now i could have delivered but they don't want that do they, another thing the times on manifest are live so as long as you make the time why does it matter which order you do it in just look at parcelforce twitter feed and read about driver being 1 hour early 4 hours late etc..

REX

03 Jun 2020, 23:12

Is this the reason some post offices aren't receiving a collection from Parcelforce, sometimes for days on end?

REX

04 Jun 2020, 20:26

Does REX base the routes on GPS locations?

REX

05 Jun 2020, 19:11

Drivers are missing the time slots or not having time due to cut of when you plan yourslef you do delvierys around post office collection and be 8n the area for these times some post office have been closing early
Rex has you there after 2pm
Post office on 1 of my 5 pickups had me there today at 6pm slot
I went early to make it work but this can not be done every day some days you have to miss them
Yes it works on gps
Worse thing is it does not recognise farmers fields dual carriageway
Also it will put you on the wrong side of the road to do a delivery so cross traffic to get the house shop ECT
Did a ikea retail park today 6 times had to go on the retail park different times of the day ffs

Like I say when you plan your self the ikea 6 stops would have all been done in 10 mins

REX

05 Jun 2020, 19:26

What's REX like if you had say 3 deliveries in the same block of flats but for different flats (maybe not all on the same floor)?

REX

05 Jun 2020, 20:25

Some days it will have them as consecutive drops other days will take you to same block of flats 3 times. Also blocks of flats are limited to 1 household per lift journey due to covid however if you have drops on 5 levels logic says go to top then down one floor at a time but REX says screw that I’ll go floor 3 then 1 then 4 then 2 then ground. It’s all very random and the more we get back to normal the worse it will get in my opinion

REX

06 Jun 2020, 16:58

I worked in City Link before it went bust and it's automatic system pisses all over REX. Whilst you loaded your van, it told you which stop the parcel was, when you scanned it .It's only fault was, you had to leave the depot by 7-30, if you failed to do this, because of a late trailer, it rejigged everything. REX is a very cheap option. There is much better out there.

REX

12 Jun 2020, 11:49

I hear there is going to be some sort of bonus scheme for hitting the order and time slot percentage

REX

12 Jun 2020, 14:04

Indeed

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 12&t=96367

REX

12 Jun 2020, 16:34

In my opinion it needs to be an individual based bonus. The guys who just smash round in any order they want to get finished early will just carry on doing so.

REX

12 Jun 2020, 20:58

The guys who smash it will soon learn
Our depo dom makes you go on the belt if you back early
I think dom will get bonus as well so he or she will keep them in line

REX

29 Jul 2020, 23:00

I load my van in what I think is the logical order. Then the Rex manifest says different. So you end up climbing over parcels then surely this is a Health and Safety issue. I highlighted this more than once and no one takes any notice. Also parcels are getting damaged by this.

We are forced to use the Auto Rex with no paper manifest. I have asked what happens if the sybol goes down. Do I return to the depot to get a new one or will another be brought out to me. The only answer I got was to use bullet cards. Well that's fine, but as I don't have a paper manifest I don't know what's on my van.

Multiple visits to the same location means more driving leading to more millage. I did 30 miles over the normal for my route one day for less drops. I have a sign on my van as do you saying Making Red Vans Green. How many extra miles are drivers doing and how many drivers out there are there? How green is that?

I could go on about more issues with this soft wear but its getting late and you all know what the problems are with it.

Basically they bought a turd and as you know, never mind how hard to try, you cannot polish a turd.
Last edited by jcwhite on 05 Aug 2020, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.

REX

29 Jul 2020, 23:37

On my route it seems to work fine. I’m a bit all over shop like but I either fail a couple drops or finish 15/20mins early but always start and finish on time and take break.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1