not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

New working times

27 Mar 2020, 17:47

So our depo gets message on pda all drivers to start 45 mins later as from Monday finish time will be 45 later
Because of coronaviurs and dropping parcels volumes
Reason is fair enough so we miss night shift in the morning leaving
Also auto route to be used
Union wants the changes
Maybe we should have been asked if we want to lose the 45 mins at the end of the day instead
For me getting shopping from the supermarket is going to be a lot harder less time less choice
Any other depos the same ?

New working times

27 Mar 2020, 17:59

Was told we would be using autoroute because of dropping volumes. No mention of changing start times. I thought you had to get it in writing 28 days in advance of change to start time.

New working times

27 Mar 2020, 18:04

Parcelforce guys, you can have some of royal mail oversized if you want, we are worse than christmas!

New working times

27 Mar 2020, 18:56

Will surely put more pressure on the timed parcels especially the 9’s and 10’s
Last edited by Stokepf on 27 Mar 2020, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.

New working times

27 Mar 2020, 18:57

9 and 10 are finished for now

New working times

27 Mar 2020, 18:59

Also union agreed times for night shift cross over

New working times

28 Mar 2020, 11:26

2yearpostie wrote:Parcelforce guys, you can have some of royal mail oversized if you want, we are worse than christmas!

Prices have just been changed so post is getting more work. A shoe box sized parcel upto 3kg used to be cheaper with Parcelforce (£12.99) It’s changed last week and it’s now cheaper with RM (£8.99)

New working times

28 Mar 2020, 11:57

Royal mail is our biggest problem they want to make them a parcel company hopefully they will make us royal mail large or something stupid
The only good thing about us is rex

New working times

29 Mar 2020, 10:50

Takeitforaride wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:Parcelforce guys, you can have some of royal mail oversized if you want, we are worse than christmas!

Prices have just been changed so post is getting more work. A shoe box sized parcel upto 3kg used to be cheaper with Parcelforce (£12.99) It’s changed last week and it’s now cheaper with RM (£8.99)

That's the problem,,Rico is pitting Royal Mail against Parcelforce..
Rico is not building 3 super hubs for nothing..he wants to transform RM from a business that delivers letters and packages into a business that delivers parcels and letters..and with work now drying up for Parcelforce ,myself and many others fear for the future of the business as more and more companies and the general public will be price conscience ,plus a whole raft of business will never recover from this virus..
People have hit the reset button and realised that it doesn't matter if they don't have the newest trainers,.business is in freefall.

New working times

29 Mar 2020, 11:50

Boss thinks we will just move over to royal mail sprinter
Who knows tbh I need to get out 20 years service now at my mental limit

New working times

29 Mar 2020, 15:05

And DPD has taken some of the Screwfix contract

New working times

29 Mar 2020, 18:15

iainwilson↓
New working times
Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:05 pm

Bet they haven’t taken the rads

New working times

29 Mar 2020, 19:04

jaychips wrote:iainwilson↓
New working times
Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:05 pm

Bet they haven’t taken the rads

I think they've kindly left us the radiators and boilers.

New working times

29 Mar 2020, 21:00

Did not know about screfix that's going to be a problem

New working times

01 Apr 2020, 19:14

Closed on sundays until further notice

New working times

30 Apr 2020, 19:03

We are still 7 days a week and extremely busy

New working times

01 May 2020, 18:17

Yeah same at our depo
The rex system is not working good for the company we are falling deliveries and collection every day
Burning more fuel
Wasting time well at least it takes the pressure of me

New working times

02 May 2020, 16:19

Rotherham PF open again on Sunday from tomoz.

New working times

02 May 2020, 17:19

cantonkid1955 wrote:That's the problem,,Rico is pitting Royal Mail against Parcelforce..
Rico is not building 3 super hubs for nothing..he wants to transform RM from a business that delivers letters and packages into a business that delivers parcels and letters..and with work now drying up for Parcelforce ,myself and many others fear for the future of the business as more and more companies and the general public will be price conscience ,plus a whole raft of business will never recover from this virus..
People have hit the reset button and realised that it doesn't matter if they don't have the newest trainers,.business is in freefall.

It wouldn't surprise me in the long term to see PF merged into RM with RM eventually having way more packets with barcodes on them (maybe eventually all packets that were posted within the UK)

New working times

04 May 2020, 17:53

Makes sense to me to merge Royal Mail, GLS and parcelforce into one. And call it Royal Mail.

Quite a few people I know didnt even know that royal mail and parcelforce are sister companies. Royal mail has higher prices but is reliable and a good service. Parcelforce not so much.. maybe if there was a merger more customers would use what would have been parcelforce due to this

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2