not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Online tracking and delivery.

20 Dec 2019, 21:39

An area where Parcel Force is way behind its competitors is the ability to track and adjust the method of delivery. I work for RM and am of course out till late afternoon. I knew a delivery was coming today but not sure which company. I left my instructions for the item to be put in my safe place and not left with neighbours.
Other companies like TNT and DHL have followed the instructions without issues. And you can also remove their responsibilities for getting a signature on their website. However PF just left a card saying they would try again tomorrow. Or Monday as it will actually be! When I still won't be in! Best option I could choose on their web site was to redeliver to a local PO for £1 charge. In the past they did at least take it to the PO by default if you were not in. But not so much these days. And once you have left thr details online there is no confirming email. Or unlike other couriers the opportunity to see online what you have chosen. Just the hope it will get delivered to the PO on Monday!
Until Parcel Force operates a more flexible and modern way of tracking and controlling deliveries they will always fall behind. And despite working for RM always dread it if PF is the method of delivery!

20 Dec 2019, 22:27

Parcelforce deliveries need a signature, did you not know that.?

21 Dec 2019, 06:17

grchpo wrote:Parcelforce deliveries need a signature, did you not know that.?

Yes, but why not leave it at the nearby sub PO they used to do automatically? The item is not that big. Or go along the lines of DHL and DPD where you can log on and take responsibility for it to be left without the signature. Just automatically bringing it out the next working day where the result is likely to be the same and the unfriendly web information is both inefficient and out dated.

21 Dec 2019, 19:05

FAB wrote:

Yes, but why not leave it at the nearby sub PO they used to do automatically? The item is not that big. Or go along the lines of DHL and DPD where you can log on and take responsibility for it to be left without the signature. Just automatically bringing it out the next working day where the result is likely to be the same and the unfriendly web information is both inefficient and out dated.

At this time of year some sectors are covered by agency drivers, and in my experience they rarely take parcels to PO, even if they are trained how to.

22 Dec 2019, 12:42

Nightbreed99 wrote:
FAB wrote:

At this time of year some sectors are covered by agency drivers, and in my experience they rarely take parcels to PO, even if they are trained how to.

Think your right..
Be interesting to see if it turns up at my local PO tomorrow as requested..

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1