not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : BALLOT RESULT : 97.1% YES 75.9% TURNOUT... HERE

The use of REX Auto vs BSI

14 Jan 2019, 23:29

Has anyone else been told they can no longer use the auto planning setting on REX because their managers are suddenly realising that drivers can’t hit their BSI if it’s used?

19 Jan 2019, 09:08

Yeah we have been told we have to do it manually too

21 Jan 2019, 21:36

Takeitforaride wrote:Has anyone else been told they can no longer use the auto planning setting on REX because their managers are suddenly realising that drivers can’t hit their BSI if it’s used?

Yes,,,in Newport depot,,,all smoke and mirrors,,they couldn't run a bath without screwing It up.

27 Apr 2019, 11:11

Newest line is that it’s not a route optimisation tool, it’s purely for contacting customers to inform them of their time slot and that it should only be used as a guideline...

Shame about this months mag then.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

07 Jun 2019, 22:26

Rex goes to show drivers do too much

No break on minimum 10 hour day

No accommodations for traffic or being the face of the company at customers door

We have to carry 30kg radiator and tools and ask customers for help even if they are 70+

The also don’t take into account the 30 minutes it takes to do Rex

I am a driver and I think we have the worst job

We load the vans
Have to help or take over night shift when not finished on time
We do Rex
We deal with customers call via call centre
Adhoc collections
Deliveries
Collections
Then unload our vans

No break
No easy days

Just more and more wanted from us

O and Xmas time Rex isn’t used
Just do as much as possible

09 Jun 2019, 16:38

It’s a weird situation. We were told REX was brilliant and that the trial depots loved it. When it went live it was a clearly untested, utter turd that all this time on is still a turd and I think it’s recently been tweaked because I The last week or so it’s made some very odd plans for my route.

Managers are pushing BSI saying it’s coming from Jamie Stephenson, but also pushing adherence to the REX time windows, but at them same time not understanding or just plain disregarding that rural stops take longer so on rural heavy days you will do less so pushing the two ways of running us just don’t work.

I think it’s about time PF and CWU got together and made a choice, is our workload dictated by an outdated ‘dumb’ or the shiny new computer system they’ve bought that takes the reality of our actual job into account.

But let’s face it, they were so sure that REX was going to get us all doing more work, even though the drivers said it wouldn’t, that now they cant accept they were wrong and will no doubt fudge REX to push us to drive faster and cut down drop time, because that’s the only two real variables in the calculation they can alter.

Also, if you’ve ever had to argue the BSI vs REX issue with management, have you noticed that they don’t understand your point? It’s like they lied about themselves being drivers for years in the past and just don’t get it because they’ve never done the job for any amount of time.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1