not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT CWU : We have announced an industrial action ballot timetable in Royal Mail group - ballot papers will be dispatched on 24th September if no agreement is reached before then. HERE

Micromanaging drivers time

13 Dec 2018, 06:26

It has been mentioned that one depot manager has said that if a driver takes in excess of 15 mins to get from one drop to another,then that time will be deducted from the drivers wages,.
Although this was raised with the union.,and the message sent via PDAs was deleted,,and a grovelling apology was sent out,it caused great consternation amongst the drivers,.it would be interesting to know if other depots have been testing the waters.
This message was designed to cause great uncertainty amongst the drivers,who rightly fear that their take home pay will be directly influenced by factors outside their control.,ie,,stuck in traffic,
As I understood it,,these PDAs were not to be used to monitor drivers working practices but only as a tool to aid deliveries and collections,,this smacks of slowly moving drivers towards the self employed status,where they will only be paid for the work they do and not the time taken to get that work done,
The job is hard enough as it is without the added stress of attending work the next day waiting to be called into the office because your figures were down due to factors out of our control and a point blank refusal to listen to reason,
Since all the vans have reversing cameras,,it would be prudent for the company to install dash cams to back up our claims that we couldn't get to the next drop within the allotted time due to factors out of our control,,and that will also stop the management calling us liars.

13 Dec 2018, 17:07

NONSENSE. You are in charge of the vehicle from the minute you leave the depot until your return. It doesn't matter if there's an accident, breakdown, your running late, you get paid ALL your hours due. That gaffer needs launched into space. I better watch wot I post because another of my posts was wiped for saying what I would do to a bullying DOM, for having a go at my wife. Freedom of speech and all that,....... :so there

14 Dec 2018, 06:46

Navalron wrote:NONSENSE. You are in charge of the vehicle from the minute you leave the depot until your return. It doesn't matter if there's an accident, breakdown, your running late, you get paid ALL your hours due. That gaffer needs launched into space. I better watch wot I post because another of my posts was wiped for saying what I would do to a bullying DOM, for having a go at my wife. Freedom of speech and all that,....... :so there

I wish it was nonsense,,the depot management are trying their absolute best to undermine the workforce and pit driver against driver,,it definatly needs a strong unionised workforce,,but that wont happen since a lot of the drivers are related to ,or friends of the depot management.

14 Dec 2018, 23:53

They are beginning to realise just how damaging REX is. We all said it, but they pushed on. We are being told that our REX conformity needs to be 80% (going to 90% in early 2019 I hear) but out BSI needs to be 90+

The two don’t play well together, REX dictates day to day our workload and according to the path it decides (REX has planned me at 60% BSI in the past) So in keeping your REX % high, you have to fairly often, stop and let the clock catch up. I’ve had 30 mins in the past.

Yet again, somebody who doesn’t know the drivers job has made a decision that is biting them on the arse.

Personally I think the union need to ramp up and advise all members that to remove any blame that could possibly be dumped at the drivers feet and to relieve stress as REX has basically made every parcel a timed parcel, that we ALL use auto planning and just follow the window times it decides. It’s their tool, we all said it was a bad idea, what we were told it was vs what actually ended up being delivered are nothing alike. Drop the ball in their court, let them sort it.

15 Dec 2018, 00:52

We've been told we can't use auto over Christmas as the BSI is not high enough. Excellence my arse.

16 Dec 2018, 21:50

Takeitforaride wrote:They are beginning to realise just how damaging REX is. We all said it, but they pushed on. We are being told that our REX conformity needs to be 80% (going to 90% in early 2019 I hear) but out BSI needs to be 90+

The two don’t play well together, REX dictates day to day our workload and according to the path it decides (REX has planned me at 60% BSI in the past) So in keeping your REX % high, you have to fairly often, stop and let the clock catch up. I’ve had 30 mins in the past.

Yet again, somebody who doesn’t know the drivers job has made a decision that is biting them on the arse.

Personally I think the union need to ramp up and advise all members that to remove any blame that could possibly be dumped at the drivers feet and to relieve stress as REX has basically made every parcel a timed parcel, that we ALL use auto planning and just follow the window times it decides. It’s their tool, we all said it was a bad idea, what we were told it was vs what actually ended up being delivered are nothing alike. Drop the ball in their court, let them sort it.

Drivers MUST stop going into work early and MUST take their breaks,,and also do everything by the book,,and stop trying to be friends with the management,,,smiling sweetly as they walk in,,doing unpaid overtime,,if these drivers who attend work early to 'beat the traffic" realised that they are working the equivalent of 2 weeks for free,,they would soon change their attitude,,if work fails,,it fails,,not the drivers fault,
Last edited by cantonkid1955 on 17 Dec 2018, 10:55, edited 1 time in total.

16 Dec 2018, 22:14

I don't think REX will ever get axed, every courier out there is introducing time slots and many the ability to see what number delivery your item is and where the driver is

17 Dec 2018, 05:52

cantonkid1955 wrote:
Takeitforaride wrote:They are beginning to realise just how damaging REX is. We all said it, but they pushed on. We are being told that our REX conformity needs to be 80% (going to 90% in early 2019 I hear) but out BSI needs to be 90+

Divers MUST stop going into work early and MUST take their breaks,,and also do everything by the book,,and stop trying to be friends with the management,,,smiling sweetly as they walk in,,doing unpaid overtime,,if these drivers who attend work early to 'beat the traffic" realised that they are working the equivalent of 2 weeks for free,,they would soon change their attitude,,if work fails,,it fails,,not the drivers fault,

More f.....g idiots, f.....g the job up. WILL THEY EVER LEARN. Oh, what's the point, no wonder the union walks away sometimes also when your having to work beside and with bullshit like above....... :arrrghhh

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1