not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE


REX Severe

25 Oct 2018, 08:24

Apparantly,,with the introduction of REX Severe,,,the perecentage of "failed" deliveries,outside the time window will have an adverse affect on the bonus.
This job has become one which was great for what it is,,delivering boxes,,and working the route to our best advantage to being micromanaged by someone sat in an office who only knows the way to the coffee machine.
The company is making what was such a pleasant job to being impossible,,placing intolerable working conditions on us,,not taking into account traffic,,school runs ect,,and also for those of us working in city centres,,the delivery limitations on pedestrianised shopping areas.
Recently,I found myself in the same street 3 times within 4 hours,,still..do as I'm told,,when i'm told to do it,,glad i'm not paying for the fuel.,

REX Severe

25 Oct 2018, 19:29

If you do the same route everyday, use rolling historic.

REX Severe

25 Oct 2018, 19:31

Is "REX" some kind of route planning software?

REX Severe

25 Oct 2018, 19:53

Yes, it's 1 hour delivery windows. Rex is short for Route EXcellence. It's the way forward apparently. Giving folk an hour window in the morning is supposed to cut down on 739's, It doesn't, folk still go out.

REX Severe

28 Oct 2018, 14:50

SpacePhoenix wrote:Is "REX" some kind of route planning software?

yes...giving time windows,,to the extent that if you deliver 1 second later than the time window then its marked as a failure.

REX Severe

28 Oct 2018, 20:03

cantonkid1955 wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:Is "REX" some kind of route planning software?

yes...giving time windows,,to the extent that if you deliver 1 second later than the time window then its marked as a failure.

What happens if you deliver even a second before the delivery window, will that be classed as a fail?

REX Severe

29 Oct 2018, 20:17

cantonkid1955 wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:Is "REX" some kind of route planning software?

yes...giving time windows,,to the extent that if you deliver 1 second later than the time window then its marked as a failure.


It's always been that way. A before 9,10 or 12 can be delivered at 8-59, 9-59 and 11-59, but a minute later is a fail. Nothings new to see here, other than all the deliveries now have time windows. This is what PFWW customers wanted, we either compete with the competition or get left behind.

REX Severe

29 Oct 2018, 20:23

afcdibby wrote:Yes, it's 1 hour delivery windows. Rex is short for Route EXcellence. It's the way forward apparently. Giving folk an hour window in the morning is supposed to cut down on 739's, It doesn't, folk still go out.

REX Severe is a 30 min time window..soon to be introduced will be the customer being able to message the driver direct to arrange their own time slot,,that should be interesting,,going from 130 stops a day,,on an organised delivery route,,to a mix match of a route with the customers dictating your route pattern,,not only a vast increase in failures,but also increased fuel costs.,this REX is probably thought up by someone who only knows the way to the coffee machine and has never been out on the road,,looks great on paper,

thisREX Severe

30 Oct 2018, 14:36

This sounds like a total nightmare. If you've got allsorts of people contacting the driver for a timed delivery how can you get to grips with running to log or any sort of running order. NIGHTMARE by the sounds of it, but more docket if wanted and more fumes by going over the ground 3 or 4 times instead of once. So much for RMs emmisions policy. :nana

REX Severe

31 Oct 2018, 19:59

cantonkid1955 wrote:
afcdibby wrote:Yes, it's 1 hour delivery windows. Rex is short for Route EXcellence. It's the way forward apparently. Giving folk an hour window in the morning is supposed to cut down on 739's, It doesn't, folk still go out.

REX Severe is a 30 min time window..soon to be introduced will be the customer being able to message the driver direct to arrange their own time slot,,that should be interesting,,going from 130 stops a day,,on an organised delivery route,,to a mix match of a route with the customers dictating your route pattern,,not only a vast increase in failures,but also increased fuel costs.,this REX is probably thought up by someone who only knows the way to the coffee machine and has never been out on the road,,looks great on paper,


30 minute windows... Not in our depot.

Direct messaging to the driver....Other than +1. +2 days, deliver to POL or deliver to neighbour(which has always been the case)........that's something I havn't heard before.

130 stops a day.........You must be on a city/town centre route.


Failures........You must mean 739's, just push them to POL.

REX Severe

01 Nov 2018, 15:24

afcdibby wrote:
cantonkid1955 wrote:
afcdibby wrote:Yes, it's 1 hour delivery windows. Rex is short for Route EXcellence. It's the way forward apparently. Giving folk an hour window in the morning is supposed to cut down on 739's, It doesn't, folk still go out.

REX Severe is a 30 min time window..soon to be introduced will be the customer being able to message the driver direct to arrange their own time slot,,that should be interesting,,going from 130 stops a day,,on an organised delivery route,,to a mix match of a route with the customers dictating your route pattern,,not only a vast increase in failures,but also increased fuel costs.,this REX is probably thought up by someone who only knows the way to the coffee machine and has never been out on the road,,looks great on paper,


30 minute windows... Not in our depot.

Direct messaging to the driver....Other than +1. +2 days, deliver to POL or deliver to neighbour(which has always been the case)........that's something I havn't heard before.

130 stops a day.........You must be on a city/town centre route.


Failures........You must mean 739's, just push them to POL.


Yes,,city centre route,,130 + 44 collections,,+ adhocs..

REX Severe is being trialled within a select few depots just now but will be rolled out across the network,.

REX Severe

03 Nov 2018, 21:00

cantonkid1955 wrote:
afcdibby wrote:
cantonkid1955 wrote:
afcdibby wrote:Yes, it's 1 hour delivery windows. Rex is short for Route EXcellence. It's the way forward apparently. Giving folk an hour window in the morning is supposed to cut down on 739's, It doesn't, folk still go out.

REX Severe is a 30 min time window..soon to be introduced will be the customer being able to message the driver direct to arrange their own time slot,,that should be interesting,,going from 130 stops a day,,on an organised delivery route,,to a mix match of a route with the customers dictating your route pattern,,not only a vast increase in failures,but also increased fuel costs.,this REX is probably thought up by someone who only knows the way to the coffee machine and has never been out on the road,,looks great on paper,


30 minute windows... Not in our depot.

Direct messaging to the driver....Other than +1. +2 days, deliver to POL or deliver to neighbour(which has always been the case)........that's something I havn't heard before.

130 stops a day.........You must be on a city/town centre route.


Failures........You must mean 739's, just push them to POL.


Yes,,city centre route,,130 + 44 collections,,+ adhocs..

REX Severe is being trialled within a select few depots just now but will be rolled out across the network,.


Pretty impressive figures, that's 20+ ph with little stem time.

We've had REX at Poole for at least 6 months and the depot percentage is improving week by week. Just embrace it, it's happening and it's not the end of the world.

Previous page Next page


Page 1 of 1