not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

Postman to working for Parcelforce?

17 Sep 2018, 13:35

I'm currently working as a postman on a 30hour contract, and I am interested in possibly switching to work as a collection/delivery driver for Parcelforce. Has anyone on here switched after being a postman? And would any current Parcelforce employees recommend the job? (Pay, hours, stress etc)

Cheers

18 Sep 2018, 06:32

amhopkins1 wrote:I'm currently working as a postman on a 30hour contract, and I am interested in possibly switching to work as a collection/delivery driver for Parcelforce. Has anyone on here switched after being a postman? And would any current Parcelforce employees recommend the job? (Pay, hours, stress etc)

Cheers

The job is what you make of it,,it used to be a great job and I loved every second,of sorting my parcels into route order,,and cracking on,,avoiding the school runs,ect..now,,with the new system software called REX,,(ROUTE EXCELLENCE),the scanner plans the route,,and you could be in the same street a number of times a day,depending on when the customer requests their delivery,,micro managing to the extreme,
The pay is good,IF you can get a 10 hour route,,but ask yourself if the stress of being controlled by the customer and being constantly harassed on the phone by the deliver manager,is really worth it?

18 Sep 2018, 13:40

At least they still get driving allowance of£21 per week for fans and about £62 per week for 7'5 tonnes. Also Saturday an extra £3'50 per hour and Sunday an extra £5'50 per hour and a weekly bonus of £16. There only a few shilling behind postie pay and the average is higher with all the allowances and mostly mon=Fri work with the odd Saturday with premium. Night allowance is about£2:06 per hour between 7/8pm until 6 in morning. Yes a no brainer especially as posties will soon be out delivering more and more parcels. I personally think p/f will be gone soon as I've said in a previous couple of posts. Good luck . :thumbup

18 Sep 2018, 16:40

I have done both jobs and I can say that Parcelforce is the less physical.
We work Monday through Friday. Weekend work is overtime and not compulsory. Most jobs are 9hrs-10 hrs a day any hours after 8 being S.A.
I do 9hrs and take home £1600-£1700 a month. We do get paid monthly. I do roughly 50 drops a day on a very rural route.
Hope that helps. :Very Happy

02 Oct 2018, 14:29

Parcelforce job is getting more and more physically demanding, the number of bulk drops and 30kg+ parcels is increasing day by day, but the management still expect drivers to do the same number of drops, pay is good but it is a long tough weeks work, 5*10hrs.I know postman job is also tough but I believe it is 5*8/6hrs.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1