ANNOUNCEMENT : ROYAL MAIL EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PAY AND FOUR PILLARS AGREEMENT... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PAY AND FOUR PILLARS AGREEMENT - NATIONAL BALLOT RESULT... HERE

Parcel force driving and collection job

07 Feb 2018, 21:51

I’m currently a postman , 27 hours a week, parcel force collection and delivery driver is 40 hours a week and there are jobs available for transfer.
It’s not one of those self employed things is it?
Pros/cons? Thanks for any help/comments people

09 Feb 2018, 07:13

jd9442 wrote:I’m currently a postman , 27 hours a week, parcel force collection and delivery driver is 40 hours a week and there are jobs available for transfer.
It’s not one of those self employed things is it?
Pros/cons? Thanks for any help/comments people

As a PF driver myself,,i would seriously think about not going down the self employed driver route.
The only ones making any money are the contractors who own a number of routes and pay subbers to do those routes.
If you buy the route ,you are a service provider and its all stacked against you,,you have to provide service to PF and if you cant,,i will quote one driver in the depot I work in,,,his father sadly passed away..he was refused time off for his fathers funeral,,and was subsequently fined 250 quid..and the guy PF used to cover his route failed his parcels so that was also an extra cost he had to bear..plus,,PF are in court this month facing MP Frank Field and the select commit looking into the gig economy and questioning the self employed status of PFS owner drivers,,since ,,how can the driver be classed as self employed when he has to pay to get his van liveried up in PFs colours and is banned from working for any other company,..also have to provide cover 7 days a week,,think twice my friend..

10 Feb 2018, 15:15

True,I agree with the above post.

All the duties are around 50 hours,you may be able to get 40 hours but will probably depend on how busy it is.

My depot had vacancies for owner drivers,you will not get redundancy. They work extremely hard,some employ a second driver and van to cope with the work load.around 120-160 drops a day plus covering collections.
Employed drivers do,depending on areas around 80 drops plus collections.
Have a look on 'myroyalmail.com' for vacancies in your area.

Best of luck on what you decide to do.

11 Feb 2018, 21:13

I don't think it's a self employed job, it's on success factors to transfer to, and the rest specifically say self employed

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1