not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Best Royal Mail Trainer style to order advise.

14 Oct 2020, 19:09

I have to reorder some RM footwear. Im looking for the best trainer style or at least lightweight for me to order from? Any advise please. I cant see where there are any photos anywhere

14 Oct 2020, 19:20

Tried them all. Only get on with the Magnums which are a bit heavier but comfortable.

17 Oct 2020, 05:07

Go onto royal mail dimensions uniform ordering . think theres a link on the chat? you need to log in and it brings you pics of footwear up when you click on FOOTWEAR button postiewhite :thumbup

17 Oct 2020, 05:46

They're all utterly useless at offering any cushioning.

Once out on delivery I currently wear a pair of thoroughly knackered Adidas trainers with worn down soles which are well overdue for the bin, yet they're still so much more more comfortable and offer far more impact cushioning than any RM trainers.

17 Oct 2020, 06:00

Walking my 15 mile marathon would be more comfortable if I was to walk it bare footed & stepped on the odd stone or broken glass, Royal Mail shoes/boots are truly shocking, not fit for purpose, that's because RM like to look after & care for their staff :left:

17 Oct 2020, 07:09

Jahpostie wrote:Tried them all. Only get on with the Magnums which are a bit heavier but comfortable.

I found the Magnums the worst of the current footwear, it feels like my feet are being pushed forward crunching the toes, some others in the office like them like you.
When I joined RM the shoe issue was a simple black boot which was lightweight, waterproof, you could put them on as new without the need to break them in at all.

17 Oct 2020, 16:16

I like the waterproof anvil trainer. I've worn these two years straight and no issues at all other than the insole wearing down which I replaced myself. Good pair of shoes

17 Oct 2020, 22:15

There is only one item of Royal Mail footwear worth having. The Magnum Bandera (with Michelin soles). Comfortable and non-slip in the wet. What more can you want?
Put your own insoles in of course.

17 Oct 2020, 22:30

If you have feet even just slightly wider than narrow, the banderas are the way to go. As I said on another thread, I had to go a size bigger than I usually wear.

18 Oct 2020, 00:16

I have some Italian boots they are comfy especially walking backwards Aboutbll but I had magnums boots they were better the shoes were the best!

Today, 17:32

I'd agree with the Bandera option (and I've got wide feet). :thumbup

Don't know what the argument about wearing HEAVY footwear is all about? FFS what do you think Squaddies wear to walk bloody miles? I sometimes think RM is Full of Ultra Marathon Runners, who are all concerned with shaving ever little bit of weight off everything! :crazy:

Mind you there was a school of thought that youngsters couldn't get on with Combat Boots because they'd grown up in trainers (probably with the untied laces stuffed down the side) and never worn proper shoes, so they developed weak ankles. :cuppa

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1