not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Feeling first class

14 Oct 2020, 14:30

Hi, I haven't been feeling like myself lately. Struggling with my mental health. I'm off work and my manager has recommended that I phone feeling first class. Has anyone used them and what were they like?

Feeling first class

14 Oct 2020, 14:34

thedarkknight wrote:Hi, I haven't been feeling like myself lately. Struggling with my mental health. I'm off work and my manager has recommended that I phone feeling first class. Has anyone used them and what were they like?

hi postie. sorry to hear you're struggling.

I've never used them myself but i hear very good things. They provide someone to talk to to air your feelings and to get stuff off your chest and are completly impartial.

It may be worth also asking your lino about a referral to occupational health if you need counselling.

Every cloud has a silver lining and I hope it shines through yours soon :)

Feeling first class

14 Oct 2020, 15:51

Stay strong buddy I too am suffering with my mental health.

I have used FFC twice , it was not for me . Sadly i get nothing out of talking to some one, BUT that does not mean it wont work for you.

Give them a call you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Go and see your GP asap and DO NOT return back to work until your 100% better.

Good luck and stay strong

Feeling first class

14 Oct 2020, 16:36

Have used feelin
g first class, helped me out. This also helped me with OH who then set up separate phone help. Manager was supportive (rare breed). Also oh got in touch with MIND, still ongoing and help us there if u need it.

Feeling first class

14 Oct 2020, 18:03

Hello, the counselling service is very good, I have not long finished mine with them. When you first call you speak to someone, who basically goes through a questionnaire about yourself and symptoms, basically a triage. If you tick the right boxes, they arrange a councilor to call you, who will introduce themselves and arrange a time that is suitable for you and them, whatever time you choose they like to keep to that time every week if you need more than one session. Also it is worth saying that the Royal Mail only pay for 3 sessions. I'm not sure what happens if you need more as i only needed the two, but my councillor did say if i needed help again then call them. I guess you'll go through the process again?

They are very good and unless you want them to they won't report anything back to your manager.

Feeling first class

14 Oct 2020, 18:34

thedarkknight wrote:Hi, I haven't been feeling like myself lately. Struggling with my mental health. I'm off work and my manager has recommended that I phone feeling first class. Has anyone used them and what were they like?

Recomend it. When things seem dark, offloading to a total stranger can do wonders. Hope things work out for you.

Feeling first class

14 Oct 2020, 23:23

rambo1 wrote:

Recomend it. When things seem dark, offloading to a total stranger can do wonders. Hope things work out for you.

Thank you for your reply, very helpful

Feeling first class

14 Oct 2020, 23:23

heathrow86 wrote:Hello, the counselling service is very good, I have not long finished mine with them. When you first call you speak to someone, who basically goes through a questionnaire about yourself and symptoms, basically a triage. If you tick the right boxes, they arrange a councilor to call you, who will introduce themselves and arrange a time that is suitable for you and them, whatever time you choose they like to keep to that time every week if you need more than one session. Also it is worth saying that the Royal Mail only pay for 3 sessions. I'm not sure what happens if you need more as i only needed the two, but my councillor did say if i needed help again then call them. I guess you'll go through the process again?

They are very good and unless you want them to they won't report anything back to your manager.

Thank you very your reply, very helpful

Feeling first class

14 Oct 2020, 23:24

wazer wrote:Have used feelin
g first class, helped me out. This also helped me with OH who then set up separate phone help. Manager was supportive (rare breed). Also oh got in touch with MIND, still ongoing and help us there if u need it.

Feeling first class

14 Oct 2020, 23:25

Exrep wrote:Stay strong buddy I too am suffering with my mental health.

I have used FFC twice , it was not for me . Sadly i get nothing out of talking to some one, BUT that does not mean it wont work for you.

Give them a call you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Go and see your GP asap and DO NOT return back to work until your 100% better.

Good luck and stay strong

Feeling first class

14 Oct 2020, 23:26

xPandabear1992x wrote:

hi postie. sorry to hear you're struggling.

I've never used them myself but i hear very good things. They provide someone to talk to to air your feelings and to get stuff off your chest and are completly impartial.

It may be worth also asking your lino about a referral to occupational health if you need counselling.

Every cloud has a silver lining and I hope it shines through yours soon :)

Thank you

Feeling first class

16 Oct 2020, 16:40

I used them once, unfortunately I found the service very poor, I told them this i also emailed a complaint to them I never got a reply.

Feeling first class

21 Oct 2020, 11:37

Speak to your doctor try some meds if all else fails

Feeling first class

21 Oct 2020, 23:46

postmanzach wrote:Speak to your doctor try some meds if all else fails

Doctors can also prescribe counselling or yoga classes or other things it does not have to be meds but they can help, We are all feeling this one way or another with these stupid laws and missing people who we use to see each and everyday anyway good luck.

Feeling first class

Yesterday, 20:55

Thedarknight, how are you doing mate? Did ya get sorted with the councelling? Take care.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1