not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Wilmslow DO closing. Merging with Cheadle & Macclesfield

12 Oct 2020, 20:44

Hi. We were told last week that our delivery office (Wilmslow) will be closing in July 2021 due to rents being put up. However we will not be moving to a new site as many first expected. It seems instead that our office will be permanently shut and some of the walks will be moved to Cheadle and others to Macclesfield.

Does anyone else know anything about this?

I wonder if this is part of a larger plan to reduce the number of delivery offices, reduce rents, save costs etc. and have a smaller number of delivery offices in the long run?

I wonder if the people at Cheadle and Macclesfield have been told yet? And how will they fit in the extra frames, vans etc?

13 Oct 2020, 00:24

Wow this is only happening to you now? This happened to us 10 years ago! What a big clogged up old machine Royal Mail is.

13 Oct 2020, 07:08

how many walks/vans do you have?

13 Oct 2020, 09:04

Wont be the last , sign of things to come

13 Oct 2020, 09:17

Perhaps this is the whole reason for base+6 superframes? To give space for office mergers?

13 Oct 2020, 10:03

2yearpostie wrote:how many walks/vans do you have?

About 40 walks part town, part rural. Vans not sure they are mostly spread about a multi storey car park 10 mins walk from DO. Certainly not enough to go around now no van sharing as quite a few late starters now.

13 Oct 2020, 10:05

greengiant wrote:Perhaps this is the whole reason for base+6 superframes? To give space for office mergers?

Whats base+6 superframes?

I missed the big meeting the other day as it was my day off so just found out bits and bobs from the lads.

13 Oct 2020, 10:08

Spinks182 wrote:Wow this is only happening to you now? This happened to us 10 years ago! What a big clogged up old machine Royal Mail is.

Did your delivery office get merged? Which one was it that went?

13 Oct 2020, 13:11

They shut us down, no one wanted it, even the managers were against it. It was predicted to be a complete disaster....it was and still is!! No room, nowhere to park, miles from first call but hey ho!

13 Oct 2020, 13:25

They keep trying it with us, but to our DOMS credit, the DOM tells the area manager that us workers would be instructed to cut off every day due to the extra travel time to the first delivery point.

13 Oct 2020, 13:33

Druid wrote:
greengiant wrote:Perhaps this is the whole reason for base+6 superframes? To give space for office mergers?

I missed the big meeting the other day as it was my day off so just found out bits and bobs from the lads.

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=97835 LTB.
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... =1&t=97735 Some discussion.

13 Oct 2020, 13:38

How the hell does an office get spilt in half and then the work sent out to other offices.
Surely that is a Royal Mail fubar moment?

13 Oct 2020, 17:06

POSTMAN wrote:How the hell does an office get spilt in half and then the work sent out to other offices.
Surely that is a Royal Mail fubar moment?

Best guess is that neither Cheadle or Macclesfield has enough room to accommodate the whole of Wilmslow being moved in

13 Oct 2020, 17:39

Presume Cheadle is taking Wilmslow & Macclesfield is taking Alderley Edge

13 Oct 2020, 18:40

wallan wrote:Presume Cheadle is taking Wilmslow & Macclesfield is taking Alderley Edge

That's what most people seem to be saying

13 Oct 2020, 20:13

Are RM still using the same antiquated system when it comes to calculating Relocation payments?

If so, you'll be in for a right laugh in your office with the little quirks it throws up.

14 Oct 2020, 05:42

Cucumber wrote:Are RM still using the same antiquated system when it comes to calculating Relocation payments?

If so, you'll be in for a right laugh in your office with the little quirks it throws up.

So the payment still stand? Were moving next year not renewing the lease on our place(which is falling apart).

14 Oct 2020, 10:45

Druid wrote:

that is f***ing astonishing, and this is royal mail we're talking about.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1