not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Van sharing

11 Oct 2020, 22:17

So tomorrow i go to work and wont share a van. If my manager says i have to to what will my union do for me. . ?

DOES THE CWU STILL EXIST

Van sharing

11 Oct 2020, 22:34

It's voluntary, it's in the ltb in the Coronavirus forum...
https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... m.php?f=71

Van sharing

11 Oct 2020, 22:34

Wasntme wrote:So tomorrow i go to work and wont share a van. If my manager says i have to to what will my union do for me. . ?

DOES THE CWU STILL EXIST

It’s voluntary and they should know this as f not phone cause for local reo

Van sharing

11 Oct 2020, 22:39

Our local rep is rubbish. He's never at work and he only looks out for his mates

Van sharing

11 Oct 2020, 22:45

Refuse, refuse, refuse.
I won't post a RMC link, here is the cwu link to show your manager if he/she plays up...
https://www.cwu.org/ltb/ltb-489-20-roya ... ared-vans/

they have stated and communicated to their respective managers that shared vans will be introduced on a voluntary basis

Van sharing

11 Oct 2020, 23:18

Im refusing and have been since last week when it was first announced. I have been told i will be moved onto afternoon duties. I have childcare issues. My cwu rep is never available so i feel under pressure to agree. What do i do ?

Van sharing

11 Oct 2020, 23:28

Wasntme wrote:Im refusing and have been since last week when it was first announced. I have been told i will be moved onto afternoon duties. I have childcare issues. My cwu rep is never available so i feel under pressure to agree. What do i do ?

get the union reps number if he will not give it you go on line to the cwu area your in get the area reps number. Next just point black refuse to do it if they send you home phone rep area rep and get them to sort it out don't get angary with the managers just state what you have said on here.

Van sharing

12 Oct 2020, 10:13

REFUSE point blank, if they decide to move you they apparently they have to give you 4 weeks notice, quite frankly there in the shite and there using this threat to get you to agree, stick to your guns if everybody refuses what they going to do then.

Van sharing

12 Oct 2020, 10:47

bishopoflove wrote:REFUSE point blank, if they decide to move you they apparently they have to give you 4 weeks notice, quite frankly there in the shite and there using this threat to get you to agree, stick to your guns if everybody refuses what they going to do then.

If RM haven't got enough vans then isn't the only alternative to work afternoons, having to wait for a van to arrive back?

Van sharing

12 Oct 2020, 10:51

SpacePhoenix wrote:
bishopoflove wrote:REFUSE point blank, if they decide to move you they apparently they have to give you 4 weeks notice, quite frankly there in the shite and there using this threat to get you to agree, stick to your guns if everybody refuses what they going to do then.

If RM haven't got enough vans then isn't the only alternative to work afternoons, having to wait for a van to arrive back?

Yes, but child care issues will be taken into consideration. If he can't do it they have to consider that.

Van sharing

12 Oct 2020, 13:15

Theyll consider it, then consider delivering the post is more important to them and tell him to come back later probably.

Van sharing

12 Oct 2020, 15:31

SpacePhoenix wrote:

Wait for a van to get back? Jeez at our place you'd be going out on delivery at 3-4pm! How ya gonna do a five hr plus delivery going out at that time when the clocks go back?

Van sharing

12 Oct 2020, 15:38

2yearpostie wrote:Theyll consider it, then consider delivering the post is more important to them and tell him to come back later probably.

Well, not "delivering the Post" They don't appear to care about that at all.Tracked, packets n parcels. So many people need their plastic eyelashes, wigs and eco friendly dishwasher tablets now.

Van sharing

12 Oct 2020, 16:06

As this been dropped as nobody has been asked in our place

Van sharing

12 Oct 2020, 16:17

wazer wrote:As this been dropped as nobody has been asked in our place

Our Dom said he has informed the area manager that there was no takers, he didnt even bother to ask if anyone was up for it.

Van sharing

12 Oct 2020, 16:49

Grumpyoldmailman wrote:
wazer wrote:As this been dropped as nobody has been asked in our place

Our Dom said he has informed the area manager that there was no takers, he didnt even bother to ask if anyone was up for it.

Funny how offices are so different. I refused and was def in the minority. Most people at our gaff happy to van share, including people who had previously had covid or were off due to be being high-risk and told to shield.

Van sharing

12 Oct 2020, 17:58

About 50/50 in our office

Van sharing

12 Oct 2020, 19:19

Nobody in our office doing it

Van sharing

12 Oct 2020, 19:56

The way the infection is rising nobody should be even considering it, are these people listening to what's being said or they just plain STUPID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Van sharing

12 Oct 2020, 21:05

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:

Yes, but child care issues will be taken into consideration. If he can't do it they have to consider that.

What alternatives would there be? Only two I can think of is the callers office (possibly with the same childcare issues) or being shipped off to the local MC

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2