not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Massive Xmas Failure.

23 Sep 2020, 16:54

clashcityrocker wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote: DOs better hope that both MCs and MPUs are allowed to roll over into the next any any cards they don't have the capacity to sequence.

Roll over into the next what?
Year?
Xmas?
Decade?

'weve just had a xmas card from Uncle Frank - I thought he died in February?!? :shock: '

Massive Xmas Failure.

23 Sep 2020, 18:42

I got a letter from my DOM today saying that for the 5 weeks up to Christmas i will be expected to be able to work anytime in-between 0600 - 2100.Mon to Sat. Reasons given as shortage of vans and PDA'S, extra Christmas traffic and of course Covid. WTF. Anybody else had the same?

Massive Xmas Failure.

23 Sep 2020, 18:46

Given the failures in my office right now we've no chance in Nov/Dec to clear ...lucky to get all the parcels done without any letters

Massive Xmas Failure.

23 Sep 2020, 18:49

kingdazzler wrote:I got a letter from my DOM today saying that for the 5 weeks up to Christmas i will be expected to be able to work anytime in-between 0600 - 2100.Mon to Sat. Reasons given as shortage of vans and PDA'S, extra Christmas traffic and of course Covid. WTF. Anybody else had the same?

nope not yet, must be a local issue

Massive Xmas Failure.

23 Sep 2020, 18:59

kingdazzler wrote:I got a letter from my DOM today saying that for the 5 weeks up to Christmas i will be expected to be able to work anytime in-between 0600 - 2100.Mon to Sat. Reasons given as shortage of vans and PDA'S, extra Christmas traffic and of course Covid. WTF. Anybody else had the same?

Are you f/t or p/t? The letter must be them serving 28 days notice of a variation of hours, Union should be all over this but don’t hold your breath.

Massive Xmas Failure.

23 Sep 2020, 19:17

clashcityrocker wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote: DOs better hope that both MCs and MPUs are allowed to roll over into the next any any cards they don't have the capacity to sequence.

Year?
Xmas?
Decade?

The next day. One day last year we had the odd time where we sent 20+ boxes of mail for a few batches as manual as we weren't allowed to roll it over to the next day

Massive Xmas Failure.

24 Sep 2020, 17:38

Grumpyoldmailman wrote:

Are you f/t or p/t? The letter must be them serving 28 days notice of a variation of hours, Union should be all over this but don’t hold your breath.

it seems to be p/t that got the letter most of us have been there less than 2 years. the ex union rep was handing the letters out.

Massive Xmas Failure.

24 Sep 2020, 18:20

hazzeem025 wrote:How does Royal Mail expect us to handle Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Xmas pressure this year? No van shares, staff are exhausted already, increasing levels of sick absence due to all kinds of reasons, no spare vans etc etc

It would be nice if they had some kind of plan that didn't rely on the good will of its workforce......but in all honesty I think the majority of people who work for Royal Mail have run out of goodwill and are to broken and tired to give a s**t anymore. I know I don't. Contracted hours and that's it for me now.

What annoys me about xmas is..... that through the year you get hassled by managers, some Posties maybe get hassled all the time, I personally get messed about once in a while..... All the time they say 'THIS IS THE WAY IT IS', 'THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE', 'You CAN complete' - when actually you know full well you can't....

Then Xmas comes and we all help these managers out clearing our rounds and going well past our times. This is when we should be like 'We don't have to go over'. 'You have only contracted us to work to X time, good luck with getting all this stuff cleared'.

There is no reward either.

That £200 xmas bonus we get isn't appreciation for going over and completing every single day in December..... we would get that £200 bonus anyway.

So there is NO BONUS for our extra goodwill and extra hard work at Xmas.

If we all said no to going over our times at Xmas then they would be stuffed. If we did so we'd get a pay rise, bigger xmas bonus etc in no time. They would be begging us to clear the xmas mayhem.

Massive Xmas Failure.

24 Sep 2020, 18:25

they are going to have you work in pitch black darkness and through 2 rush hours?

If they ask this of me and I have to do as they say..... I 100% won't be going over my time to clear my round.

Massive Xmas Failure.

24 Sep 2020, 20:02

yubin282 wrote:
Grumpyoldmailman wrote:
yubin282 wrote:
edward918 wrote:Why not give us 35 hour SWW but give it to everyone, so we all work the same hours. No part time/full time split and probably saves a lot of overtime.

It’s because they have been getting away with not paying part timers correct holiday pay for years, now they are getting rumbled for that the current system doesn’t look like making much sense anymore. Haven’t even heard if they are marking people upto full time for Xmas this year up here. I don’t think they will be getting any extra out of people if they don’t.

ive always though the CWU should pushing for it

The CWU never bothered about the part timers who worked full time hours during the corona crisis and only got paid pro rata covid bonus,face it,they only bother with full timers

Massive Xmas Failure.

24 Sep 2020, 20:30

hazzeem025 wrote:How does Royal Mail expect us to handle Black Friday/Cyber Monday/Xmas pressure this year? No van shares, staff are exhausted already, increasing levels of sick absence due to all kinds of reasons, no spare vans etc etc

It would be nice if they had some kind of plan that didn't rely on the good will of its workforce......but in all honesty I think the majority of people who work for Royal Mail have run out of goodwill and are to broken and tired to give a s**t anymore. I know I don't. Contracted hours and that's it for me now.

Royal Mail managers don't have a plan. They just use Covid19 as the excuse for everything going t*ts up.

Massive Xmas Failure.

24 Sep 2020, 20:39

SpacePhoenix wrote:If Xmas cards do end up being that busy then DOs better hope that both MCs and MPUs are allowed to roll over into the next any any cards they don't have the capacity to sequence (or at least walk sort)

It's going to be difficult for the business to justify a lack of sequencing capacity in the network bearing in mind they're trying to mothball MPUs due to CSS machines gathering dust amid a 30% drop in letters traffic.

Your MC doesn't seem to have capacity for much but that doesn't mean that's reflected throughout the network. Parcels will be the major challenge this year as has been the case for at least 15 years.

Massive Xmas Failure.

24 Sep 2020, 20:49

Woody Guthrie wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:If Xmas cards do end up being that busy then DOs better hope that both MCs and MPUs are allowed to roll over into the next any any cards they don't have the capacity to sequence (or at least walk sort)

It's going to be difficult for the business to justify a lack of sequencing capacity in the network bearing in mind they're trying to mothball MPUs due to CSS machines gathering dust amid a 30% drop in letters traffic.

Your MC doesn't seem to have capacity for much but that doesn't mean that's reflected throughout the network. Parcels will be the major challenge this year as has been the case for at least 15 years.

One night last year we put through over half a million letters through the sequencing.

This year because of covid, it's possible that we might have to send everything manual or just sorted to batch level at best as we might need to use the mech areas for parcel sorting to allow for social distancing once we're sorting both inward and outward

Massive Xmas Failure.

29 Sep 2020, 22:41

clashcityrocker wrote:

Year?
Xmas?
Decade?

Plenty of Christmas cards were still turning up into week 3 of January, so two of the above. :wink:

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 3   1, 2, 3