not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Pdas

15 Sep 2020, 12:57

My pda won't let me choose a location today, so I'm having to write down every number manually... Anyone know how to sort the pda at all?

Pdas

15 Sep 2020, 13:22

Take a photo of the barcodes on your phone then scan the photos or type them all in at the depot.
Not a fix but then even the tech guys can't seem to manage that.

Pdas

15 Sep 2020, 14:03

PDAs are pathetic , constantly crashing , batteries dying, need rebooting, generally rubbish .

Pdas

15 Sep 2020, 14:45

Sir Henry wrote:Take a photo of the barcodes on your phone then scan the photos or type them all in at the depot.
Not a fix but then even the tech guys can't seem to manage that.

Why do that on your own mobile?
if the PDA isnt working its their problem
Just tell them when your back SCAN FAILURE

Pdas

15 Sep 2020, 15:52

Rebooting the pda is always worth a shot, i tend to do this first thing every morning as soon as i pick the device up.

Pdas

15 Sep 2020, 16:24

Gasman11 wrote:Rebooting the pda is always worth a shot, i tend to do this first thing every morning as soon as i pick the device up.

When I do that, the battery tends to last about ten minutes after it reboots. Mind you at least then there's the possibility of getting a spare battery, though these are in increasingly short supply as so many have degraded to the point of virtual uselessness.

Pdas

15 Sep 2020, 19:31

Are they being put back in the cradles properly after use?

Pdas

16 Sep 2020, 07:46

SpacePhoenix wrote:Are they being put back in the cradles properly after use?

Yes, generally. The batteries are just over-used, I think. They can go from showing full or 3/4 full to zero in a few minutes, though it's usually triggered by logging out or turning the screen off, for some reason.

Pdas

16 Sep 2020, 18:03

How long have we had these new PDAs now we had 0 problems with the old ones they were like Nokias those ones

Pdas

16 Sep 2020, 19:38

DGH wrote:

Yes, generally. The batteries are just over-used, I think. They can go from showing full or 3/4 full to zero in a few minutes, though it's usually triggered by logging out or turning the screen off, for some reason.

The batteries might be at or past their maximum number of charge cycles

Pdas

17 Sep 2020, 19:37

SpacePhoenix wrote:
DGH wrote:

The batteries might be at or past their maximum number of charge cycles

For some reason this has just started happening in our office in the past month or so. Wonder if there's been a software update
that has suddenly started draining more battery power?

Pdas

17 Sep 2020, 20:31

Yep, we came to the same conclusion, too much of a coinkydink that ALL the batteries now don't seem to last so something on the PDAs is using up the charge.

Pdas

26 Sep 2020, 22:54

could be that people are taking multiples out in case one fails. same with batteries. I know people to take 1/2 spare batteries out with them just in case.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1