not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Going on sick after arriving at work

15 Sep 2020, 08:06

Hi what are the absence rules regarding going sick once you’ve already been at work for a few hours? Really not feeling well (not Covid related symptoms)

If I leave will it count towards a proper absence? And could I get a stage?

Thanks

15 Sep 2020, 08:10

Blinkboy44 wrote:Hi what are the absence rules regarding going sick once you’ve already been at work for a few hours? Really not feeling well (not Covid related symptoms)

If I leave will it count towards a proper absence? And could I get a stage?

Thanks

If you sign out today an return tommorow it will go down as a part day sick.

15 Sep 2020, 11:02

Not necessarily, depends on the length of attendance and the mood of the screw handling it.
Had a couple of these instances over the years and no absence was marked down for the part day. If it happens too often then it starts appearing as an absence.

15 Sep 2020, 18:56

Thanks. I had heard if you attend for over 2 hours it doesn’t go down as anything. But I’m sure if it was a regular ok Occurrence it would count towards something. I’m not sure but I think taking any time off for me will trigger a stage because I took 2 weeks isolation time back in april

16 Sep 2020, 07:26

Part day absences are usually discounted from the attendance procedure , unless they become excessive.
I believe you have to be notified in writing if this becomes the case.

16 Sep 2020, 15:07

There’s no 2 hour rule. If you attend work then go home it’s a part day absence however it doesn’t count with regards to the attention procedure.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1