not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

how does one use the golf trolleys?

13 Sep 2020, 16:24

Do you take a bundle and leave it on the street between houses or do you take it up to each front door take the letters out repeat?

13 Sep 2020, 16:46

Hold bundle in left arm, wheel trolley with right arm and leave it at each gate as going round the loop or at the first gate if a small cul-de-sac

13 Sep 2020, 17:49

Pull do not push.

13 Sep 2020, 18:01

2yearpostie wrote:Do you take a bundle and leave it on the street between houses or do you take it up to each front door take the letters out repeat?

I'm surprised that the work place coaches didn't show you when you started?

13 Sep 2020, 18:19

greengiant wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:Do you take a bundle and leave it on the street between houses or do you take it up to each front door take the letters out repeat?

I'm surprised that the work place coaches didn't show you when you started?

They dont use them, i wouldnt normally but ive buggered my right shoulder

13 Sep 2020, 19:30

2yearpostie wrote:
They dont use them, I wouldnt normally but I've buggered my right shoulder

Hope you didn't bugger your shoulder by carrying a heavy bag of mail over it. :dance I had a salutary lesson not so long ago. I met one of our Old posties who always used to carry a HUGE bag of mail over his shoulder. God knows how he managed it, I could hardly lift the bloody thing! He always used to say, "It's not a problem .... it gets lighter as I go around"! :left:

Needless to say that practice had caught up with him and he was on crutches! His knees were shot and his back was giving him problems. :shock: Shame really as he was a relatively young guy. I'll always use a LWT as soon as the loops get a bit heavy, and I mean when they're larger than a Bundle I can carry. Hope your shoulder sorts itself out..... looks like Brufen & Paracetamol for you. :cuppa

13 Sep 2020, 19:45

Pleased to see someone wanting to use the trolley. There are plenty in our office who will carry two full pouches rather than use the LWT, I have seen some unable to get through a gateway because they are too wide!

Always make sure that the second/heavier pouch is on the side away from the road. Many pavements slope towards the gutter and having the heavy pouch that side will topple the trolley over!

13 Sep 2020, 20:15

fb1969 wrote:Pleased to see someone wanting to use the trolley. There are plenty in our office who will carry two full pouches rather than use the LWT, I have seen some unable to get through a gateway because they are too wide!

Always make sure that the second/heavier pouch is on the side away from the road. Many pavements slope towards the gutter and having the heavy pouch that side will topple the trolley over!

For a minute I though you meant the heaviest bag furthest from the road OVER your shoulder! :d'oh!

Reminds me of one our guys who was complaining about the LWT. He said, "It's a load of crap because when there's no mail in the bags the wind catches them and blows the trolley over"! We told him to put a couple of bricks in the bags to stop that happening. :left:

Mind you he was the same guy that was complaining about Royal Mail not making any provisions for him getting Dog Shite on the wheels .... You can't please everyone. :cuppa

13 Sep 2020, 20:34

27kg is about the max you can put in a delivery pouch in the old days.

14 Sep 2020, 11:44

Hold on,haven’t you stated in the past that YOU ARE a workplace coach? Seems strange that you’re coming on here asking advice for something so simple...

14 Sep 2020, 13:16

Cedar_Room wrote:

Hold on,haven’t you stated in the past that YOU ARE a workplace coach? Seems strange that you’re coming on here asking advice for something so simple...

No ones ever trained me on it, and no one in my unit has been asked to be trained up to use one.

14 Sep 2020, 13:55

k979aaa wrote:27kg is about the max you can put in a delivery pouch in the old days.

Don't you mean 16?

14 Sep 2020, 14:41

If it refuses to open/unfold, give the wheels a kick - one of the nuts or bolts gets stuck on the other bracket!

14 Sep 2020, 15:10

2yearpostie wrote:
Cedar_Room wrote:

No ones ever trained me on it, and no one in my unit has been asked to be trained up to use one.

Why ask this question when you're a WPC? You know the procedure to find out the official and relevant information. That's why you get paid WPC money.
Last edited by Rumple on 14 Sep 2020, 15:14, edited 1 time in total.

14 Sep 2020, 15:16

Rumple wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:
Cedar_Room wrote:

Why ask this question when you're a WPC? You know the procedure to find out the official and relevant information. That's why YOUget paid WPC money.

Because when i asked the original question it was Sunday and i knew i wouldnt have the time to find the proper info this morning so it was easier to ask the helpful (hostile) people on here.

14 Sep 2020, 15:21

2yearpostie wrote:
Rumple wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:
Cedar_Room wrote:

Why ask this question when you're a WPC? You know the procedure to find out the official and relevant information. That's why YOUget paid WPC money.

Because when i asked the original question it was Sunday and i knew i wouldnt have the time to find the proper info this morning so it was easier to ask the helpful (hostile) people on here.

Further up you stated your WPCs do not use them, but I'm sure one of them would know the answer to your question. Are you a WPC or not?

14 Sep 2020, 16:46

2yearpostie wrote:

Nobody should need to ask to be trained on one.
Training on a LWT should happen as a matter of course. It is part of the mandatory equipment.

14 Sep 2020, 16:56

Double bag.. Push.. End of drives etc used one since I had mri back with bulging disks in neck.. By pulling one your pulling your shoulder and neck back pushing you can keep some kind of posture.. What I've just said sounds king of kinky

14 Sep 2020, 17:01

Safe System of Work (SSOW) and LWT User guide

14 Sep 2020, 17:44

Rumple wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:
Rumple wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:
Cedar_Room wrote:

Further up you stated your WPCs do not use them, but I'm sure one of them would know the answer to your question. Are you a WPC or not?

A fantasist is what he is. It was only a few weeks back he was saying how easy the job was. Now he’s on here asking advice on how to perform the simplest of tasks! I bet he still hasn’t been slung on permanent afternoons either,despite supposedly overhearing a conversation between his DOM & union rep saying all PT’s were going to be forced to do just that!

I’m going to try & leave him alone now as I’m actually embarrassed for the fella....

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2