not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Why do postie hate each other?

15 Sep 2020, 19:13

Not sure about hate but a fair few in our office are shagging each other :whistle

15 Sep 2020, 20:58

My take on this for what it is worth is........ So, we all get paid the same rate of pay for doing the job that we do. Everyone. In every workplace we see different personalities with different values and ethics. We see these who want to show how quickly they can complete. We see those who are polar opposites who are happy to plod along hoping for either help to complete or o/t for being unable to complete. The structure and model (and I can only speak for Delivery) is such that indolence and inefficiency seem to be rewarded and anyone who is dilligent feels aggrieved at the way it is structured. The standards expected are never enforced and at the end of the day it all comes down to money. I don't particularly hate anyone in my DO but it is impossible not to resent those who are doing less work but being paid the same wage.

17 Sep 2020, 16:19

david3595 wrote:We relocated to a larger office a few years ago, since day 1 the staff that we moved in beside but separate work duties don’t even acknowledge us. Before we moved they protested wrongly of course that we would reduce or effect their overtime but we are completely separate in duties and hours allocated. Several of us have tried the hello how’s things, looks like rain and are you on leave soon but no replies. One of my colleagues complained to a manager that people were ignoring him but was advised you cant make someone talk to you if they don’t want to. The word hate never came into the equation for us, I’m happy just to go in do my job and get out, strange thing is I have bumped into a few staff in pub or shopping and they nod or even say hi :shock:

wouldnt even waste ye breath on them bunch of t@@@@@ :cuppa

17 Sep 2020, 16:20

Deadly wrote:Not sure about hate but a fair few in our office are shagging each other :whistle

:nervous :nervous :nervous :nervous :nervous

17 Sep 2020, 18:18

Deadly wrote:Not sure about hate but a fair few in our office are shagging each other :whistle

has been known.....there is a man and wife couple in ours, and the area reps missus works at ours. :roll:

17 Sep 2020, 18:27

scoobydo79 wrote:Got a few in my place haven’t spoken to each other since the 1980s I believe. Decided they would work during IA and some have never forgotten it.

there was a lad who used to live a few doors away from me who worked as a driver at ours, used to be a miner. his dad was one to, and he worked during the strike in the mid 80s. so he never spoke to his dad again. his dad died only only a few months back. he went to the funeral but they still not speaking right up until his death. what a sad state of affairs to be in. life is too short.

17 Sep 2020, 20:21

daveyeff wrote:

has been known.....there is a man and wife couple in ours, and the area reps missus works at ours. :roll:

bet ye she is full time :left: :left: :chuckle :chuckle :Very Happy

19 Sep 2020, 16:42

maisymoo04 wrote:

:nervous :nervous :nervous :nervous :nervous

It's just another four letter word for doing someone hate love fu(K and shag not necessarily in that order best to not let feeling get too heated at work.

20 Sep 2020, 21:42

i work in an amalgamated unit. i've worked on a sector within it where only 4 out of like 20 posties actually talk.

that being said, one of this sector's ranks changed walks when the resign happened. now i get complaints from posties i used to work with saying 'theyre so hard to work with, they dont even say hi when you say it to them'

makes you think.

i just kill 'em with kindness personally.

20 Sep 2020, 21:43

xPandabear1992x wrote:i just kill 'em with kindness personally.

I just kill 'em. :coolr

20 Sep 2020, 21:54

PostmanBitesDog wrote:
xPandabear1992x wrote:i just kill 'em with kindness personally.

I just kill 'em. :coolr

Just get it off your chest spit it out this is what a forum is about you have to work with them tomorrow. :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle

20 Sep 2020, 22:15

Yeah, let's all go postal tomorrow. It'll be a fun time had by all. :left:

Postal.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

21 Sep 2020, 15:59

2yearpostie wrote:It doesn't matter what office you are in or even here, but it seems the majority of posties hate each other.

That's because most of them are bellends.

21 Sep 2020, 16:09

Royal Mail is the antithesis of a meritocracy, the cream does not rise to the top, it curdles, smells a bit and becomes sour.

22 Sep 2020, 23:13

Woody Guthrie wrote:Royal Mail is the antithesis of a meritocracy, the cream does not rise to the top, it curdles, smells a bit and becomes sour.

Emmental Appellation d'origine protégée (Switzerland)

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2