not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Well paid yes or no?

13 Sep 2020, 09:15

mickeymacca wrote:That's a superb effort Wallan delivering since the year JFK was assassinated. All in the same office?

How many years have you done K9? and surely I'm not the only postie on this forum with a helipad :Very Happy

regards

(I haven't really got a helipad, I've got a vauxhall corsa)

Finished at 56 after 39 years service , Young Postman / Driver / PHG

Well paid yes or no?

13 Sep 2020, 09:23

wallan wrote: Finished at 56 after 39 years service , Young Postman / Driver / PHG

So you've been out of the business since 2002-ish and you still think about it.

That's making me nervous.
I was hoping to completely forget this place the minute I send my uniform back.

Well paid yes or no?

13 Sep 2020, 09:34

Woody Guthrie wrote:
wallan wrote: Finished at 56 after 39 years service , Young Postman / Driver / PHG

So you've been out of the business since 2002-ish and you still think about it.

That's making me nervous.
I was hoping to completely forget this place the minute I send my uniform back.

Never been back , still go out for Meal with with a couple of mates once a month
The problems being faced by the business now have been " Brewing " for many years

Well paid yes or no?

13 Sep 2020, 10:31

I'd say for the work we do the pay is quite good. For me the work/life balance is the greatest asset of the job. Over 15 years in the job in my late 30's and I actually enjoy the job. Which seems to be a rarity on this forum and in my office with the incessant moaning from colleagues whose work ethic is embarrassing. My wife earns lot more than me, plus works over 10 hours more (never leaves office on time) is stressed to high heaven and seems to have less money to play with at the end of the month.
Would i trade jobs for the extra 10k a year - no chance!
And before people assume I've a cushty little round. No, top 5 hardest in office. Over 5 hour delivery for me.

Well paid yes or no?

17 Sep 2020, 08:40

The job is better paid than most unskilled employment but, well paid, it certainly isn't. In my office we have posties claiming family tax credits ( as will all offices). One of my colleagues has a 32 hour contract, 3 young children and he freely admits that without these benefit top ups, he and his family would really struggle. If the job was well "paid", then surely some of our colleagues wouldn't need financial help to help them survive.

Well paid yes or no?

17 Sep 2020, 09:56

It isn't about being "well paid" as compared to all other employments, but about being well paid compared to other similar manual unskilled jobs.

Previous page Next page

Page 4 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4