not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

1pm Starts

16 Aug 2020, 18:20

I’m full time and start at 11am ,I prep my walk do door to doors etc then wait for a van to become available.and Delivery takes around 4.5 to 5 hrs
The big question is what’s going to happen when it gets dark around 4pm?
Delivering parcels maybe doable but certainly not letters and doubt DOMs have even thought about it.
Maybe they are hoping partners will be allowed to travel in the vans by then?

1pm Starts

16 Aug 2020, 18:33

Yes, I’ve been thinking the same as come the winter months it’s pitch black at 4pm.

I think you’re right that they’re hoping van sharing will be allowed again but god knows what their plan B is if it doesn’t .

1pm Starts

16 Aug 2020, 19:32

I’m pretty sure it would be against H&S rules delivering mail in the dark.

1pm Starts

16 Aug 2020, 19:49

Bobbyh wrote:I’m pretty sure it would be against H&S rules delivering mail in the dark.

Delivery staff used to deliver mail in the dark years ago. Couriers often deliver mal in the dark.

Van sharing is probably not going to return till at least 2021. With the cases of covid per day now being over 1,000 every day for the last few days, my gut feeling is that Boris might reimpose a few restrictions. My gut feeling is that he'll close all pubs and bars

1pm Starts

16 Aug 2020, 21:39

iHateD2Ds wrote:I’m full time and start at 11am ,I prep my walk do door to doors etc then wait for a van to become available.and Delivery takes around 4.5 to 5 hrs
The big question is what’s going to happen when it gets dark around 4pm?
Delivering parcels maybe doable but certainly not letters and doubt DOMs have even thought about it.
Maybe they are hoping partners will be allowed to travel in the vans by then?

If you look in the new vacancies that are advertised you can see that the 80% of them are requiring new entrance to work till 6.30pm,7.30pm,8.00pm so obviously with competition outdoor and new parcel hub implemented, they looking for delivering parcel at any time of the day with some new type of delivery with 4 or 5 areas maybe and also with agency staff after the 27 June 2021 where a lot of new entrances contracts will terminate.

1pm Starts

17 Aug 2020, 05:53

2yearpostie wrote:
Seems my thread earlier in the week was accurate after all then.

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.

1pm Starts

14 Sep 2020, 18:16

Hi, I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a statement which states about the change to start times being voluntary. Thank you

1pm Starts

14 Sep 2020, 18:42

Joe B wrote:Hi, I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a statement which states about the change to start times being voluntary. Thank you

Hi Joe, depends on the wording in your contract, if it says you work from say 8am 2 pm your ok, but if it says your manager will allocate your hours and has no mention of start and finish times then legally they can move your start and finish times with notice.

1pm Starts

14 Sep 2020, 19:20

Joe B wrote:Hi, I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a statement which states about the change to start times being voluntary. Thank you

Are you referring to the start time changes that were brought in due to Coronavirus? If so it's in Rico's letter linked in this CWU LTB:

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=95804

1pm Starts

14 Sep 2020, 19:29

yellowbelly wrote:

Are you referring to the start time changes that were brought in due to Coronavirus? If so it's in Rico's letter linked in this CWU LTB:

That letter refers to changes due to the suspension of the USO.
I don't think it follows that it applies to changes necessary to ensure social distancing.

1pm Starts

14 Sep 2020, 19:48

I’m a part timer on a 30 hour contract and when I started saying that I wanted to work my contracted hours (8.30am-2.30pm) and not do any more late shifts I was threatened with them giving me 28 days notice to changing my contract. Can they do this?

1pm Starts

14 Sep 2020, 19:55

They would have to be able to justify that action. If it is only yourself and no other 30 hour peeps then that would be victimisation. What does your office rep say ?

1pm Starts

14 Sep 2020, 20:51

Dazdec197296 wrote:I’m a part timer on a 30 hour contract and when I started saying that I wanted to work my contracted hours (8.30am-2.30pm) and not do any more late shifts I was threatened with them giving me 28 days notice to changing my contract. Can they do this?

They are bluffing you. There is a lot of unrest up here at the moment between the people being asked to start at 1pm, afew who have been doing it month after month have voted with their feet and quit. It’s more to do with saving money on van rental than it is to do with social distancing now in my opinion.

1pm Starts

14 Sep 2020, 23:26

Yeah this has happened to me. I’m Part Time. I have spent the six months of COVID working the first three months from 11.30 and the second three months from 0700. A couple of weeks ago I approached my Manager and told them that I needed to go back to my 9/9.20am starts as my three kids - for whom I am the main parent/carer as my wife works full time and funny shifts etc - are going back to school.

I was basically told I had three options a) use my own car to follow someone else around in (b) come in at 11.30 (c) be given 28 days notice of a change of contract stating that my working hours are anything between 7am and 7pm!

Not really great choices when you have children to take to and pick from school etc but I went for option (b) come in at 11.30. My 12 year old is now picking my ten year old up from school and they’re home alone until I get home which so far has been around 5pm. Not sure what the plan will be come Xmas..last year I was working two hours over everyday to clear, can’t do that this year and be leaving my kids home alone until 7,8 o’clock..

I’m sure those not in my position will be quick to point out that at least I have a job etc, which of course I am grateful for, but still feel pretty p***** off and powerless. To the best of my knowledge there are only two of us Part Timers who are in this position. The other has opted to follow someone else around in her own car as her kids are a bit younger than mine so I guess she really hasn’t got any other choice.

1pm Starts

15 Sep 2020, 08:01

I feel for you mate, this is exactly what all the part timers in my unit were threatened with a few weeks ago, but i was called a liar on here as no one believed that the bosses would stoop to this,so i get bullied at work and now on here for trying to give everyone a heads up on what was coming.

1pm Starts

15 Sep 2020, 13:29

Sir Henry wrote:They would have to be able to justify that action. If it is only yourself and no other 30 hour peeps then that would be victimisation. What does your office rep say ?

How would that play out Sir Henry? would a grievance be the best route to take?and would it be effective
regards

1pm Starts

15 Sep 2020, 16:32

Bobbyh wrote:I’m pretty sure it would be against H&S rules delivering mail in the dark.

Ive still got one of these

I think they may make a comeback Covid or not.

1pm Starts

15 Sep 2020, 16:52

clashcityrocker wrote:
yellowbelly wrote:

I don't think it follows that it applies to changes necessary to ensure social distancing.

Without reading every fecking thing again, regarding messing people about...

The letter from Rico Back also makes it clear that any duty changes will be voluntary,

1pm Starts

15 Sep 2020, 16:59

clashcityrocker wrote:
yellowbelly wrote:

Hi, thanks for the link :thumbup

1pm Starts

15 Sep 2020, 17:16

POSTMAN wrote:
The letter from Rico Back also makes it clear that any duty changes will be voluntary,

There will be no imposed duty changes connected with this temporary relaxation of
the USO. Any changes to these duty structures will be voluntary and must be
agreed locally, utilising the IR Framework

It makes it clear that there will be no imposed duty changes connected to the temporary relaxation of the USO.
Nothing more.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3