not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Van Sharing

17 Sep 2020, 16:10

Howdoyoudo wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:Like everything in Royal Mail the most likely way to get caught is by getting grassed up by your colleagues, especially if it's allowing you to score time.

So does anyone know if a postie has actually been sacked for van sharing?

Two got caught at mine suspended for a week that was it

Van Sharing

17 Sep 2020, 20:47

Just been told its being trialled in Yorkshire next week, hope it fails, Hate van share

Van Sharing

18 Sep 2020, 19:36

Villadaft wrote:Just been told its being trialled in Yorkshire next week, hope it fails, Hate van share

How do you trial van sharing? Is it a case of testing every day to see if you have got Covid! It hasn’t been agreed to go in a van together and you should refuse.

Van Sharing

18 Sep 2020, 19:46

Villadaft wrote:Just been told its being trialled in Yorkshire next week, hope it fails, Hate van share

Terry Pullinger knew nothing about it when questioned on Facebook earlier.

Van Sharing

18 Sep 2020, 20:05

theotherone wrote:

Terry Pullinger knew nothing about it when questioned on Facebook earlier.

No. Terry fumbled and mumbled that he didn't have any details but he lied.
I'm not an expert on body language but his was all over the place.
He knows about it.

Van Sharing

18 Sep 2020, 20:40

How the hell can you trial it?!

What constitutes the trial failing? Someone catching the virus?! :shock: :crazy: :crazy:

We are not guinea pigs!

Van Sharing

18 Sep 2020, 21:02

Just watched Terry's video

He was all over the place but the signs were pointing towards them going ahead with trying to get it back

Is it even up to the union's health and safety leadership anyway?

What I dont understand is he said 'we will look at the safest possible way of working for our members' or words to that effect

Well, the way we are working not sharing a van right now cant be made any safer can it?!

Van Sharing

18 Sep 2020, 21:10

It's crazy to even think about bring back van sharing when there's a very strong possibility of another national lockdown

Van Sharing

18 Sep 2020, 21:13

Acca Dacca wrote:Just watched Terry's video

He was all over the place but the signs were pointing towards them going ahead with trying to get it back

Is it even up to the union's health and safety leadership anyway?

What I dont understand is he said 'we will look at the safest possible way of working for our members' or words to that effect

Well, the way we are working not sharing a van right now cant be made any safer can it?!

well we coulld be on our way to a second lock down so id be very surprised if they will agree to van sharing anytime soon in fact our manager is now saying he wants to keep as many walks as possible single duties even after covid as he thinks it works better if people work on there own. which is a complete turnarounfd from him!

Van Sharing

18 Sep 2020, 21:28

The signs were he personally thinks the whole thing is overblown and we should just get on with it.

This from a guy who worked from home for six months.

Van Sharing

18 Sep 2020, 21:52

Woody Guthrie wrote:

The signs were he personally thinks the whole thing is overblown and we should just get on with it.

Couldnt believe my ears when he hit out with 'we are allowed on airplanes and buses' and 'theres probably 4 people sharing a car on the way in to work'

Gobsmacked

Van Sharing

18 Sep 2020, 22:00

Acca Dacca wrote:
Woody Guthrie wrote:

Couldnt believe my ears when he hit out with 'we are allowed on airplanes and buses' and 'theres probably 4 people sharing a car on the way in to work'

Gobsmacked

The man is a complete clown. Him and Dave ward doing updates from their basements offering us up as care workers during a pandemic. Outrageous. I’m very close to leaving the union, lost complete faith in everything they do.

Van Sharing

18 Sep 2020, 22:26

Pullenger was all over the place on the subject of 2 in a van.

I didn't realise that the CWU chiefs were experts in virology.

Something is brewing in my view.

Van Sharing

19 Sep 2020, 09:14

I heard same yesterday. It's allegedly signing of a waiver so you can go back to two in a van. Don't know the details of the waiver, suspect it's along the same lines as using your own car, blah blah blah, but I will contact the person who told me and find out more when I can.

All I can say is if they do it they want their heads checking, irresponsible and yet again making life easier for RM. Bad enough people being daft enough to use their own cars but this just beggars belief. RM managers etc are paid large salaries to be able to sort out whatever life throws at the job, if they can't do it without putting peoples health at risk then sack the lot of them and get in people who can.

Van Sharing

19 Sep 2020, 11:44

Sugar wrote:

I heard same yesterday. It's allegedly signing of a waiver so you can go back to two in a van. Don't know the details of the waiver, suspect it's along the same lines as using your own car, blah blah blah, but I will contact the person who told me and find out more when I can.

All I can say is if they do it they want their heads checking, irresponsible and yet again making life easier for RM. Bad enough people being daft enough to use their own cars but this just beggars belief. RM managers etc are paid large salaries to be able to sort out whatever life throws at the job, if they can't do it without putting peoples health at risk then sack the lot of them and get in people who can.

Will these people that choose to share vans (if true) be kept away from the rest of the staff?

Van Sharing

19 Sep 2020, 14:22

Sugar wrote:

This would bring up a host of problems. We all know managers and colleagues will be leaning on staff to sign this waiver who may not be comfortable with it. Completely unsafe and unfair. I won’t be signing anything just to make things a bit more convenient and cheap for this company, health comes first. Royal Mail should hire enough vans so we can all do one delivery each, just for say 6 months to get through the winter. Then it can be reviewed if the virus is on the wane by then.

Van Sharing

19 Sep 2020, 14:40

I meant to add, on the subject of the latest speech from Terry, when he goes on about 'people close to breaking point' etc. He is asking managers to break ranks and come forward to report certain practices that are causing these issues. I personally know people who actually 'broke' a couple of months into the pandemic, several have literally walked out the job. The union, both local and area, know of the issues within many offices and they have stayed silent. So why the concern now, and why do they need managers to whistle blow?
There are offices that have been designed SOLELY around van share and they have been left to rot through this, what did they call it, 'touch revisions?' - don't make me laugh, they haven't got within 10 miles of some offices to attempt even temporary fixes to the situation they are in.

And the cherry on top of the cake, let's throw out a rumour (or don't deny the rumours) that van share will be trialled again - so the answer to the problem is to put health and safety second?

Van Sharing

19 Sep 2020, 16:16

Signing a waiver?! BS. Whole world of legal problems there, RM wouldn't go near it.

Van Sharing

19 Sep 2020, 16:20

"Sign here please. Btw, if you refuse, you'll be in trouble"

If I get critically ill thanks to RM working practices, I promise not to sue RM.

Signed,

Postie.

Lol.

Van Sharing

19 Sep 2020, 17:08

toonshola wrote:Royal Mail should hire enough vans so we can all do one delivery each, just for say 6 months to get through the winter. Then it can be reviewed if the virus is on the wane by then.

This is the correct answer. They disguised it at the time as being for social distancing but it’s obvious now it’s penny pinching at the expense of the poor buggers who get stuck on afternoons and bullied into completing along with taking lapse. The fleet is falling apart due to lack of investment and half the vans they have wouldn’t even get 2 duty’s in if van sharing was allowed due to the rise in parcels.

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4