not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Van Sharing

06 Aug 2020, 19:13

Van sharing wouldn’t even work up at ours at the moment even if it was allowed. You wouldn’t get 2 duty’s into most of the vans. Some of the oversize have got ridiculously big in the last month.

Van Sharing

06 Aug 2020, 21:23

mags999 wrote:for the umpteenth time when are these rsoles still van sharing goin to realise its not them that it will hit badly but possibly vulnerable people in there families that they are in contact with thick twattts :arrrghhh

So everyone who gets in a car as a passenger is an ###### take a good look around and you will see lots off cars with two or more people are you telling us you wont let anyone be a passenger in your car.

Van Sharing

06 Aug 2020, 21:28

Well our manager drives guys with hct to there starting point, no one seems to be bothered by that

Van Sharing

06 Aug 2020, 22:15

cpsteve wrote:
mags999 wrote:for the umpteenth time when are these rsoles still van sharing goin to realise its not them that it will hit badly but possibly vulnerable people in there families that they are in contact with thick twattts :arrrghhh

So everyone who gets in a car as a passenger is an ###### take a good look around and you will see lots off cars with two or more people are you telling us you wont let anyone be a passenger in your car.

For the millionth time stop comparing apples with oranges.

What you do voluntarily in someone else's vehicle is your business, what the business forces us to do is another, what members do when they ignore company policy and government guidance of course makes them arseholes. What else would you call them?

Van Sharing

06 Aug 2020, 22:20

Well Terry said today they are discussing about getting back to normal including van shares as soon as possible so probably won't be long

Van Sharing

06 Aug 2020, 22:51

citypostie wrote:Well Terry said today they are discussing about getting back to normal including van shares as soon as possible so probably won't be long

He mentioned exploring safe ways to return to van sharing, I wouldn't hold your breath. Actually you might have to.

The business faces a huge task convincing members that something that isn't considered safe now suddenly will be.

Van Sharing

07 Aug 2020, 08:48

Woody Guthrie wrote:
cpsteve wrote:

For the millionth time stop comparing apples with oranges.

What you do voluntarily in someone else's vehicle is your business, what the business forces us to do is another, what members do when they ignore company policy and government guidance of course makes them arseholes. What else would you call them?

The only people being forced to do anything are the ones who by choice want to van share thats up to the company as you say, if people dont want to share they dont have to so why do they want to force others to do what they do. I would say most people who are against van share are against it because they prefer to work alone as with most things RM its about getting finished earlier anything for an easier day. This is not aimed at you you are doing nothing wrong its an observation/generalisation on posties i work with, i drive different vans all the time and the same people who are so against van share are happy to drive vans with bald tyres and other faults.

Van Sharing

07 Aug 2020, 19:09

For those who are pulling every string possible to be able to ignore the rules and van share..... 1. It has been BANNED NATIONALLY. 2. Anyone caught doing van sharing will be subject to disciplinary action. 3. Likewise for any DOM attempting to bypass national rules. 4. When you are out on delivery you have absolutely no idea who is driving past you in cars, sitting watching you (possibly taking photographic evidence), watching from house windows. 5. Thousands of members of the public (outside of RM) will be fully aware that we cannot van share, through either being related to someone who works for RM / knows someone etc etc. WHY HAND IT ON A PLATE TO GET YOURSELF SACKED, LOSS OF INCOME, PENSION ETC?????????

Van Sharing

07 Aug 2020, 20:11

Van sharing isn't allowed in RM at the moment. We read 'between the lines' our end that RM do not want to go back to van sharing. I don't bother watching the TP videos now as he gives little detail of what is going on behind the scenes. Probably keeping van share will be a way to preserve jobs in the long run so this is why he wants to see it return once or if the virus is defeated. I don't know of a single postie who likes the idea of van share.

Van Sharing

11 Aug 2020, 18:07

I've seen loads of different company's sharing vehicles. Driving Instructures don't even have to wear masks ( check gov rules). When I asked my boss why we r still struggling and not sharing vans all he said it was down to the union, not RM. So who's bullshitting

Van Sharing

11 Aug 2020, 18:12

wazer wrote:ISo who's bullshitting

If your manager opened his mouth, he was probably bullshitting.

Van Sharing

11 Aug 2020, 21:45

How many times

Driving instructors are not the same thinggggggg

Van Sharing

14 Aug 2020, 06:13

I can't see it back this year.

Van Sharing

14 Aug 2020, 19:27

barncopxx wrote:For those who are pulling every string possible to be able to ignore the rules and van share..... 1. It has been BANNED NATIONALLY. 2. Anyone caught doing van sharing will be subject to disciplinary action. 3. Likewise for any DOM attempting to bypass national rules. 4. When you are out on delivery you have absolutely no idea who is driving past you in cars, sitting watching you (possibly taking photographic evidence), watching from house windows. 5. Thousands of members of the public (outside of RM) will be fully aware that we cannot van share, through either being related to someone who works for RM / knows someone etc etc. WHY HAND IT ON A PLATE TO GET YOURSELF SACKED, LOSS OF INCOME, PENSION ETC?????????

I think your a bit paranoid. . OK we know it’s not allowed but I hardly think members of the public are sitting watching in their cars or out of their windows with their cameras poised in the hope of catching two posties in a van. Christ most people still seem taken aback that I am signing for their packets etc and when I explain why they still seem a bit surprised. I bet many don’t even know we normally work in pairs so they’re hardly likely to be on lookout.

Van Sharing

15 Aug 2020, 20:53

GRS wrote:
barncopxx wrote:For those who are pulling every string possible to be able to ignore the rules and van share..... 1. It has been BANNED NATIONALLY. 2. Anyone caught doing van sharing will be subject to disciplinary action. 3. Likewise for any DOM attempting to bypass national rules. 4. When you are out on delivery you have absolutely no idea who is driving past you in cars, sitting watching you (possibly taking photographic evidence), watching from house windows. 5. Thousands of members of the public (outside of RM) will be fully aware that we cannot van share, through either being related to someone who works for RM / knows someone etc etc. WHY HAND IT ON A PLATE TO GET YOURSELF SACKED, LOSS OF INCOME, PENSION ETC?????????

I think your a bit paranoid. . OK we know it’s not allowed but I hardly think members of the public are sitting watching in their cars or out of their windows with their cameras poised in the hope of catching two posties in a van. Christ most people still seem taken aback that I am signing for their packets etc and when I explain why they still seem a bit surprised. I bet many don’t even know we normally work in pairs so they’re hardly likely to be on lookout.

Probably the DOM would be the most likely to catch them red handed. The DOM would just look for places where PDAs are often really close together on a regular basis, then drive out and witness it themselves. If they are van sharing he's got them bang to rights

Van Sharing

15 Aug 2020, 21:01

Like everything in Royal Mail the most likely way to get caught is by getting grassed up by your colleagues, especially if it's allowing you to score time.

Van Sharing

17 Aug 2020, 10:15

Terry back this week.

Van Sharing

17 Aug 2020, 10:56

Rommagic wrote:Terry back this week.

Ohh cant wait :nana

Van Sharing

18 Aug 2020, 11:15

Van share would bring lasping back too full capacity again not sure if it would solve the early finish on a Monday and Tuesday?.

Van Sharing

17 Sep 2020, 12:22

Woody Guthrie wrote:Like everything in Royal Mail the most likely way to get caught is by getting grassed up by your colleagues, especially if it's allowing you to score time.

So does anyone know if a postie has actually been sacked for van sharing?

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4