not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

DEATH IN THE FAMILY.

30 Jul 2020, 12:46

Unfortunately my father passed away on Tuesday can anybody please give me guidance on the amount of time I can officially have off ? I jobshare and work a 3 day week, I'd rather find out where I stand before I contact my line manager and they try to guilt trip me about having time off and try to get me to come back early.

DEATH IN THE FAMILY.

30 Jul 2020, 13:46

When my father died 7 years ago , i was giving 5 days special leave .I also went sick due to stress and bereavement for a further 3 weeks .

DEATH IN THE FAMILY.

30 Jul 2020, 17:01

I had as long as I needed off. I got a sick note for depression due to bereavement

DEATH IN THE FAMILY.

30 Jul 2020, 20:25

bishopoflove wrote:Unfortunately my father passed away on Tuesday can anybody please give me guidance on the amount of time I can officially have off ? I jobshare and work a 3 day week, I'd rather find out where I stand before I contact my line manager and they try to guilt trip me about having time off and try to get me to come back early.

Take off as long as you need to we all handle grieving differently.

DEATH IN THE FAMILY.

30 Jul 2020, 21:34

From Royal Mail Policy TIME OFF: OTHER LEAVE August 2017

Bereavement: It’s an upsetting time when someone close to you passes away. Managers will do their best
to allow you time to deal with your loss.
• Your manager can provide you with up to one week’s paid leave for immediate family, e.g. next of kin or
blood relative (spouse, civil partner, child, parent or sibling), to support you during this difficult time.
• If a member of your family, e.g. grandparent or parent-in-law passes away, your manager can give you
one day’s paid leave to attend the funeral.
• For wider family or friends, you can agree with your manager whether to swap shifts, make up the
time, take unpaid leave or holiday.

DEATH IN THE FAMILY.

01 Aug 2020, 18:45

rogersh wrote:From Royal Mail Policy TIME OFF: OTHER LEAVE August 2017

Bereavement: It’s an upsetting time when someone close to you passes away. Managers will do their best
to allow you time to deal with your loss.
• Your manager can provide you with up to one week’s paid leave for immediate family, e.g. next of kin or
blood relative (spouse, civil partner, child, parent or sibling), to support you during this difficult time.
• If a member of your family, e.g. grandparent or parent-in-law passes away, your manager can give you
one day’s paid leave to attend the funeral.
• For wider family or friends, you can agree with your manager whether to swap shifts, make up the
time, take unpaid leave or holiday.

This is just guidance go sick

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1