not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Assaulted on delivery

27 Jul 2020, 22:23

So Friday on delivery some young lad decided to punch me in the face unprovoked. I called the police straight away and the cretin was arrested soon after and has been charged and will go to court in September. I didn’t go in on Saturday and I’m now on leave for two weeks. Is their anything I should be aware of or anything the company should do to assist me?

Assaulted on delivery

27 Jul 2020, 22:48

Nickvilla20 wrote:So Friday on delivery some young lad decided to punch me in the face unprovoked. I called the police straight away and the cretin was arrested soon after and has been charged and will go to court in September. I didn’t go in on Saturday and I’m now on leave for two weeks. Is their anything I should be aware of or anything the company should do to assist me?

Jesus, What the f**k is wrong with people. Hope everything is ok and no serious damage done? As for your mental health don't hesitate to bring it up with your boss if you are worried about your safety. You could always contact feeling first class as well.

"Simply call 0800 6888 777 to speak to an expert. Lines are open 24/7. You can also visit www.rmgfirstclasssupport.co.uk for more information. "

How did it unfold? Did the twat just walk up to you and punch you out of the blue? Was there any interaction? How did you respond? I genuinely don't know how I would react.

Assaulted on delivery

28 Jul 2020, 05:59

The cretin walked past me and shoved me in the back I basically said to him to why did you do that then he punched me in the face. I literally called the police straight away and unlucky for him he walked straight into them. The side of my face was hurting but nothing serious.

Will make me think twice on some aspects of the job though and lucky for me he didn’t have a knife. It’s a good job the cretin will have his day I court.

Assaulted on delivery

28 Jul 2020, 07:46

Sorry to hear this. Don't return to work until you feel able to. I'm not sure but I think you will have to get a certificate from your gp to cover any absence after first seven days which can be self-certificated. But any absence resulting from this incident should not be counted as sickness for stage penalties. It should be treated as an 'Incident on Duty' which is discounted. Although the HR computer will automatically issue a stage warning, your manager should get this amended to an IOD.. If called for an interview (you probably will be) take a Union Rep with you.

Assaulted on delivery

28 Jul 2020, 08:12

FFS!!!! Any witnesses or security cameras capture it? Just so there is no wriggling by the little scrote? :evil/mad

Assaulted on delivery

28 Jul 2020, 09:00

There is witnesses and he’s is seen running from the scene on CCTV. I think there was a camera outside the shop I was delivering to as well. So I would assume it’s a pretty water tight case.

Assaulted on delivery

28 Jul 2020, 13:29

Sorry to hear this. Back in 2004 when we changed to single daily delivery i was on a rough council estate walk and had trouble from scrotes abusing and threatening me due to their giros being late. Although i was never assaulted it did get to me, so i know how you feel.

Assaulted on delivery

28 Jul 2020, 17:08

I was assaulted on delivery over 20 years ago for refusing to search through my pouch for somebody's giro. He also threatened to follow me home from work and torch my house. I identified him from mugshots at the local nick and he got sent down for 2 years. While he was waiting to go to trial he assaulted a shelf stacker in the local ASDA.

The day after the assault, the DOM couldn't understand why I asked to be swapped onto something else for the rest of the week. Times haven't changed much.

Assaulted on delivery

28 Jul 2020, 21:43

Awful thing to happen i am sure you will be given support if you need it what would you like the company to assist you with?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1