not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Workplace Coach

27 Jul 2020, 18:17

Heard some rumours that the much questioned workplace coach position is coming to an end.anybody heard the same?How will we manage?..

Workplace Coach

27 Jul 2020, 18:37

I'm sure we can throw good money at the idlest bellend in the office by ourselves if we have a whip round and draw lots.

Workplace Coach

27 Jul 2020, 19:01

It would be an obvious place to find an easy saving, more so if there is going to be no recruitment going forward.

Workplace Coach

27 Jul 2020, 20:43

Grumpyoldmailman wrote:It would be an obvious place to find an easy saving, more so if there is going to be no recruitment going forward.

There's always going to be new starters, just pay someone to do it as and when not 52 weeks a year

Workplace Coach

27 Jul 2020, 20:54

Fkin hope that's true, the mere mention of those two words used together winds me up.

Workplace Coach

27 Jul 2020, 22:50

A work place what? Never heard nor saw such a creature.

Workplace Coach

27 Jul 2020, 22:51

A2B wrote:There's always going to be new starters

You would hope but who knows anymore. Maybe if they are going to be few and far between you could just have 1 workplace coach that cover a certain radius and new starters travel to the trainers delivery office. Always has been an odd setup.

Workplace Coach

28 Jul 2020, 00:44

A workplace coach is more than just training new recruits up. They retrain "coach" existing staff before it becomes a conduct issue.

Personally I see it as RM throwing money away as we got a handful of Workplace coaches in our office. Its one role i definitely wouldnt want to do but its a extra £xx amount each week for those with the title.

Workplace Coach

28 Jul 2020, 06:09

We have 2 workplace coaches. One works his holidays and after my initial coaching where he said ‘any problems come and ask me’ I didn’t bother him until a week later when I wanted to know how to do a retention on the PDA. ‘Go ask someone else, can’t you see I’m busy’ was his reply.

The other hasn’t been in the depot since March/April, she goes straight from home to the start of her round in her car where it’s brought out for her by her van partner. Just think about that for a moment - she’s doing max 4 hours delivery yet getting paid for a full day and receiving coaching money every week despite not being accessible.

Get rid of the role or like the poster above says have one cover an area. And have them removed from the position if they do anything like working holidays, using their car, coming in early for free etc.

Workplace Coach

28 Jul 2020, 14:42

We have a workplace coach at our DO who makes a mockery of the whole roll. He comes in very early,overloads his bags,wouldn’t dream of using a LWT & is generally a very selfish & sulky character if he doesn’t get his own way/grab an early finish. I don’t begrudge anyone getting a bit of extra cash if they are decent at the job,but this character is stealing a living. I for one will be over the moon if the position is mothballed

Workplace Coach

28 Jul 2020, 15:07

We have 7.
I only know who 4 of them are.
I have only ever seen 2 in any sort of coaching role.

Workplace Coach

28 Jul 2020, 17:41

Route1 wrote:A workplace coach is more than just training new recruits up. They retrain "coach" existing staff before it becomes a conduct issue.

Personally I see it as RM throwing money away as we got a handful of Workplace coaches in our office. Its one role i definitely wouldnt want to do but its a extra £xx amount each week for those with the title.

If it's money for old rope like most on here think, why wouldn't you want to do it?

Workplace Coach

28 Jul 2020, 17:44

clashcityrocker wrote:We have 7.
I only know who 4 of them are.
I have only ever seen 2 in any sort of coaching role.

So how do you know you have 7?

Workplace Coach

28 Jul 2020, 18:42

Someone told me there are 7.

Workplace Coach

29 Jul 2020, 19:53

it's a very demanding role ....... which I have found very fulfilling and rewarding ........ especially the extra money for doing bugger all ........ :nana

my manager has said that Workplace Coach's might be taking over in the DO's as a manager light role .......

let's see what happens as we might not have a company to work for soon

Workplace Coach

29 Jul 2020, 20:20

Our rep is also a Workplace Coach and spends most of his life running the office thanks to a weak and clueless DOM.

Workplace Coach

29 Jul 2020, 20:32

fb1969 wrote:Our rep is also a Workplace Coach and spends most of his life running the office thanks to a weak and clueless DOM.

So he's helping the Dom to a nice bonus (when they're paid again) then. That's nice of him .

Workplace Coach

30 Jul 2020, 16:22

Getting paid over a grand a year each for doing nothing for months on end , while the company is allegedly losing money . 5 in our place thats over£5000 , times that by all the offices in the uk , hell of a lot of wasted cash . Lot of staff peed of by this .

Workplace Coach

30 Jul 2020, 16:28

Chelseablue wrote:Getting paid over a grand a year each for doing nothing for months on end

It is about £40/week. That's 2 grand a year.

Workplace Coach

30 Jul 2020, 16:35

rambo1 wrote:
fb1969 wrote:Our rep is also a Workplace Coach and spends most of his life running the office thanks to a weak and clueless DOM.

So he's helping the Dom to a nice bonus (when they're paid again) then. That's nice of him .

He relishes in it. He is now solely in charge of the duty roster and all leave booking - go to a manager about either and you are told to speak to the rep. If the rep then doesn't like your question you are told to eff off.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2