not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Return after shielding and grief from colleagues

26 Jul 2020, 18:23

Myself and a colleague have just returned to work after shielding for 13 weeks as we are in the clinically vulnerable group. Our regular colleagues have been starting at their normal time with and our duties covered by new reserves starting at 09.30. So we’re assuming that a fair rota system will occur ie 3 on early and 3 on lates just as it was but because we were off fortunately being paid their giving us the cold shoulder one of them showing pure hatred because they faced the brunt of it at the height of the pandemic.
They believe that me and my mate should be on permanent lates until it’s all over, are they right?

26 Jul 2020, 19:07

Get onto the boss or rep and get the gobshite put right.

26 Jul 2020, 19:21

Surely a return to work plan should have been agreed before your return
What you were paid during your time off is between R M & Yourself

It would seem the 4 other members of staff are quiet happy for you to start at 0930 as long as they retain there normal start times ,
What time do deliveries normally go out ? , are the deliveries normally out before 0930 allowing you to start earlier
What happened to the two reserves when you returned
This should have all been sorted before your return to work
Last edited by wallan on 27 Jul 2020, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.

26 Jul 2020, 20:45

I would have thought people who have been shielding would have wanted to come in later so they are not coming into a busy office putting themselves at risk. More and more offices are reporting positive cases.

26 Jul 2020, 21:33

As above.I would have thought You and the other postie would Be happier to come in later when the bulk of the indoor work was complete and the office less busy?

27 Jul 2020, 06:03

frankieboy wrote:I would have thought people who have been shielding would have wanted to come in later so they are not coming into a busy office putting themselves at risk. More and more offices are reporting positive cases.

It’s only a small spdo with 6 duties so 3 on early and 3 late so it’s not crowded

27 Jul 2020, 06:14

geordieboy123 wrote:
frankieboy wrote:I would have thought people who have been shielding would have wanted to come in later so they are not coming into a busy office putting themselves at risk. More and more offices are reporting positive cases.

It’s only a small spdo with 6 duties so 3 on early and 3 late so it’s not crowded

If we were allowed to work at that time there would have been a rota in order to keep to social distancing rules and we thought it wasn’t right our colleagues doing the sorting and us just delivering every day plus my mate has parental duties in the afternoon

27 Jul 2020, 08:07

geordieboy123 wrote:
geordieboy123 wrote:

If we were allowed to work at that time there would have been a rota in order to keep to social distancing rules and we thought it wasn’t right our colleagues doing the sorting and us just delivering every day plus my mate has parental duties in the afternoon

I know this is a personal question but what clinical vulnerable group were you in ?

27 Jul 2020, 08:15

As far as I was aware any changes in duty start times was voluntary. Quite happy to be put right there.

As for the grief you are getting. Thats just Bullying behaviour. Report it straight away and get them sorted out asap. I have different working arrangements because of covid and receive similar grief. Snide remarks and nasty little notes left for me. These people will be quite happy to take from RM when it's their turn, be it light duties for what ever reason but when others need a bit of help then it seems the jealousy sets in. Some of the biggest hypocrites work for RM it seems.

People need to mind their own business. You do what you have to do. I personally don't begrudge anyone that had to shield and I'm glad that option was available to people to protect them.

27 Jul 2020, 08:35

frankieboy wrote:
geordieboy123 wrote:
geordieboy123 wrote:

I know this is a personal question but what clinical vulnerable group were you in ?

I have coronary heart disease and my mate is type 1 diabetic

27 Jul 2020, 08:37

Ren Hoëk wrote:As far as I was aware any changes in duty start times was voluntary. Quite happy to be put right there.

As for the grief you are getting. Thats just Bullying behaviour. Report it straight away and get them sorted out asap. I have different working arrangements because of covid and receive similar grief. Snide remarks and nasty little notes left for me. These people will be quite happy to take from RM when it's their turn, be it light duties for what ever reason but when others need a bit of help then it seems the jealousy sets in. Some of the biggest hypocrites work for RM it seems.

People need to mind their own business. You do what you have to do. I personally don't begrudge anyone that had to shield and I'm glad that option was available to people to protect them.

Top man thanks for that

27 Jul 2020, 09:58

I'm surprised, I actually thought it would be quite pleasant to work in one of those small spdo's, looks like it's the same as every where else with the resident backstabbers etc !

27 Jul 2020, 11:44

Guys in our office were furious because those of shielding received the 200 quid bonus pathetic really :crazy:

27 Jul 2020, 13:51

surely as you were shielding you'd want to work the later shifts when the office is clearer and safer for you? i mean the virus hasn't gone away, its still in circulation and you are still vulnerable. i don't get where the problem is?

27 Jul 2020, 15:24

The fact that his colleagues are being shithouses about it?

27 Jul 2020, 15:39

miles_peters wrote:surely as you were shielding you'd want to work the later shifts when the office is clearer and safer for you? i mean the virus hasn't gone away, its still in circulation and you are still vulnerable. i don't get where the problem is?

We were feeling extremely guilty while we were off with our colleagues facing the brunt of it, we wanted to come back and play our part in what we thought was a fair shift system

27 Jul 2020, 15:54

geordieboy123 wrote:
miles_peters wrote:surely as you were shielding you'd want to work the later shifts when the office is clearer and safer for you? i mean the virus hasn't gone away, its still in circulation and you are still vulnerable. i don't get where the problem is?

We were feeling extremely guilty while we were off with our colleagues facing the brunt of it, we wanted to come back and play our part in what we thought was a fair shift system

What have you ended up with & what happened to the 2 reserves

27 Jul 2020, 16:04

wallan wrote:
geordieboy123 wrote:

What have you ended up with & what happened to the 2 reserves

It’s ended up as it should be 3 on earlies and 3 on lates the reserves have gone to other offices in our cluster it’s just people who used to be workmates have got the right hump with us and even calling me names behind my back just how can fellow workers be like that?

27 Jul 2020, 16:25

thefox wrote:Guys in our office were furious because those of shielding received the 200 quid bonus pathetic really :crazy:

I'm going to be brutal now and if anyone takes offence then I apologise now. Yes there are a lot of unhappy postman at the minute, they are physically AND mentally broken having worked through this pandemic. In the early days we were working with little or no ppe having no idea how the virus was spread. Customers were even cleaning their letterboxes fearing that they could catch it from post and parcels . Now you might not like this one but people who have diabetics or coronary heart disease, like geordieboy and his mate is probably down to lifestyle they led, i.e.: smoking, drinking and eating unhealthy foods. Two people from our office who have diabetics have been off all this time and you used to see them shovelling in cakes, sweets and crisps most mornings. Someone else in our office who is shielding someone else has been away on 2 holidays, one in this country and one abroad. My holidays were booked during the lockdown so could not go away, I was not able to move them either or take them next year. As for the £200 ( 150 after tax) I don't think it is pathetic, posties see what they have gone through in the last 13,14 weeks whilst others have been off, nice weather, going away, having holidays moved to next year and extra money for nothing. If you don't like my brutal honesty then I'm sorry but other posties see it that way.

27 Jul 2020, 16:37

frankieboy wrote:
thefox wrote:Guys in our office were furious because those of shielding received the 200 quid bonus pathetic really :crazy:

I'm going to be brutal now and if anyone takes offence then I apologise now. Yes there are a lot of unhappy postman at the minute, they are physically AND mentally broken having worked through this pandemic. In the early days we were working with little or no ppe having no idea how the virus was spread. Customers were even cleaning their letterboxes fearing that they could catch it from post and parcels . Now you might not like this one but people who have diabetics or coronary heart disease, like geordieboy and his mate is probably down to lifestyle they led, i.e.: smoking, drinking and eating unhealthy foods. Two people from our office who have diabetics have been off all this time and you used to see them shovelling in cakes, sweets and crisps most mornings. Someone else in our office who is shielding someone else has been away on 2 holidays, one in this country and one abroad. My holidays were booked during the lockdown so could not go away, I was not able to move them either or take them next year. As for the £200 ( 150 after tax) I don't think it is pathetic, posties see what they have gone through in the last 13,14 weeks whilst others have been off, nice weather, going away, having holidays moved to next year and extra money for nothing. If you don't like my brutal honesty then I'm sorry but other posties see it that way.

A very ignorant post

Type 1 diabetes, unlike type 2, is nothing to do with lifestyle or what you eat or drink. You either get it or you dont and nothing you do can stop it.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 3   1, 2, 3