not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

NHS Test and Trace: if you've been in contact with a person who has coronavirus

03 Jul 2020, 10:21

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... ronavirus/

Follow this advice if you're told by the NHS Test and Trace service that you've been in contact with a person who has coronavirus (COVID-19).

Stay at home for 14 days

If you're told you've been in contact with a person who has coronavirus:

stay at home (self-isolate) for 14 days from the day you were last in contact with the person – it can take up to 14 days for symptoms to appear
    do not leave your home for any reason – if you need food or medicine, order it online or by phone, or ask friends and family to drop it off at your home
    do not have visitors in your home, including friends and family – except for essential care
    try to avoid contact with anyone you live with as much as possible
    people you live with do not need to self-isolate if you do not have symptoms
    people in your support bubble do not need to self-isolate if you do not have symptoms

More at the link

03 Jul 2020, 10:24

I'm guessing, working with Rod Jane or Freddie who has the virus is the same thing and you wouldn't need to WAIT for an email/app notification?

03 Jul 2020, 10:32

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... hat-to-do/

When to self-isolate and what to do
What is self-isolation? Self-isolation is when you stay at home because you have or might have coronavirus (COVID-19).

This helps stop the virus spreading to other people.

Self-isolate if:

you have any symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
    you're waiting for a coronavirus test result
    you've tested positive for coronavirus – this means you have coronavirus
    you live with someone who has symptoms, is waiting for a test result or has tested positive
    someone in your support bubble has symptoms, is waiting for a test result or has tested positive

03 Jul 2020, 11:15

At present, the guidance is only to self-isolate if: a) someone you live with has symptoms, or b) you’re told to self-isolate by the test and trace service.

There is no guidance to say that people should make their own decision about self-isolating if someone that they work with / know has symptoms / has tested positive for CV19.

Whether or not self-isolation is deemed necessary by the test and trace service will depend on whether you would be considered a ‘close contact’ or not.

Only ‘close contacts’ are being contacted by Test and Trace and being asked to self-isolate.

More distant contacts, which would probably include the majority of people who someone works with in a delivery office / mail centre (given that social distancing measures are supposed to be in place), would not fall into this category, so we wouldn’t normally expect them to need to self-isolate.

Kind Regards,

James. CV Helpline

03 Jul 2020, 12:56

The key word there is SUPPOSED. Any one who works in a delivery office knows full well the distancing in practice is very difficult. So the advice given is a bit flawed.

05 Jul 2020, 16:48

Oddly, my housemates were informed straight away by the hospital GP.
My workplace apparently was not so there was no deep clean and boss was uncooperative and sent threating letters to produce evidence while I was just out of hospital and my surgery was under siege. I am trying to put this behind me and move on but I am angry as F**k. No deep clean, no informing colleagues a member had confirmed case. Signed fit for work without realising I had booked A/L for 2 weeks. Debts up to my ears and last weeks pay slip=£96.00.
Manager said had changed on PSP, HR said manager hadn't. And that I had 2 absences as somewhere in between I had a days A/L on system. Got HR to put it in writing forwarded to manager; no response. Essential financial obligations now unable to meet!!
Could you make this s**t up!!
What kind of world are we now living in??

21 Jul 2020, 13:09

https://www.myroyalmail.com/news/2020/0 ... l-cleaning

As part of the NHS Test and Trace service, colleagues who have been identified at high risk of contracting Covid-19, may be contacted by a call handler by phone, email or text.

If you are included in this category, or you have been in contact with someone who has coronavirus, you may be instructed to self-isolate for 14 days from the date of your last contact with the confirmed case individual.

Unless instructed by a public health authority to be tested, or if an individual has symptoms, they should not take a test and no additional cleaning of the workplace is required.

Where a colleague tests positive, if they have been in work within the last five days, an additional clean should be arranged via the P&FS helpdesk by calling 0844 800 9191, the guidelines being:

If they have been off work for less than two days, an ‘intense disinfectant clean’ will be requested.
    If they have been off work between 3-5 days, then a precautionary clean will be requested.
    If the colleague has been off work for more than five days, then no cleaning should be undertaken, as the office would have had a number of enhanced cleans between the individual being off and the result coming through and any virus on surfaces will have died after a maximum of 72 hours.

Colleagues who are not contacted by the Test and Trace service should continue to attend work - practising two-metre social distancing and good hand hygiene.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1