not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

MRM.COM : Inflight options : Customers can now change where their parcel is delivered after it has been sent

01 Jul 2020, 22:59

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Route1 wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:Every other courier has in-flight redirections so people now expect it. For RM is probably a case of introduce in-flight redirections or loose contracts

Hermes, Parcel Force, DPD, UPS all offer it. DPD & UPS also offer to drop it off at collection shop. PF can drop it off at Post Office. Hermes drop it off anywhere.

I think both Yodel and Amazon might offer it as well

DHL and Amazon have lockers all over the place.

MRM.COM : Inflight options : Customers can now change where their parcel is delivered after it has been sent

02 Jul 2020, 00:20

One of these days we are going to have to stop being scared of the competition, stop trying to catch them, stop copying what they’ve been doing for years.....and start using our infrastructure and knowledge to come up with new ideas and overtake them. Make them have to copy what we are doing.

Just 3 simple ideas I came up with after a few minutes of thinking:

Timed deliveries- let a customer on the morning their parcel is out for delivery pay extra to have their parcel delivered within a half hour time slot (rural addresses exempt).

Simplify everything. There are too many options. We only reall need 1st Class, 2nd Class, Tracked and Specials. Make tracked available to all not just businesses. Offer an inflight option for remote signature for all items (apart from SD which should remain our most secure option).

Proper investment in our PDAs - Data for the round you’re on visible on the PDA including dangerous dogs, D2D opt outs, flat access codes, hard to find addresses, toilet stops, start points of loops etc. Can be in a file on the memo screen. Would save so much wasted time especially for reserves.

02 Jul 2020, 01:05

Route1 wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:Every other courier has in-flight redirections so people now expect it. For RM is probably a case of introduce in-flight redirections or loose contracts

Hermes, Parcel Force, DPD, UPS all offer it. DPD & UPS also offer to drop it off at collection shop. PF can drop it off at Post Office. Hermes drop it off anywhere.

Royal Mail drop parcels off at the collection points in their depots.

Couldn't Royal Mail depots also act as a collection point for other couriers parcels......I guess not as they would not want to fund a rival.

I don't know why people don't just install a large letterbox or parcel box. The amount of stuff that must have to come back to the depot cos it's just too big for their letterbox.

I have one flat whose door bell doesn't work so they leave a message on the door asking me to leave their parcel outside the flats in the open or to call them on their mobile......some people! they think I am going to waste my money phoning them? or leave their parcel where it could get stolen.

02 Jul 2020, 05:54

norris9 wrote:
I have one flat whose door bell doesn't work so they leave a message on the door asking me to leave their parcel outside the flats in the open or to call them on their mobile......some people! they think I am going to waste my money phoning them? or leave their parcel where it could get stolen.

There’s a lot of businesses like that, they are locking their entrance gates and putting notes on saying due to covid 19 access is restricted and if you have a parcel or letters to ring them and someone will come out. I don’t use my phone for ringing customers so they get a blast of the van horn instead.

02 Jul 2020, 06:53

I c local collect from a post office is not on there, we have use of post offices where the competition don’t, why don’t we sell this service more

02 Jul 2020, 07:15

Also have prices to send gone up with RM?

We send a fair bit on ebay and have stopped sending via RM. Recently sent a box that wasn't even the size of a shoebox, the PO said it needed to go parcel force and it cost £16. It wasn't big, it wasn't heavy and the contents ammounted to £10. Told my daughter who took it that it wouldn't cost more than £6. Not only that they couldn't gaurentee it would reach its destination on time! (wasn't even going far) and it probably ended up in a hct anyway!

Next item was an games console. Fully tracked, fully insured and a much bigger box, £12 UPS. They picked it up from the house got there the following day.

I've even had a good experience with hermes with rock bottom prices.

RM need to do something and do it fast,, now that alot of POS are moving into shops with inexperienced staff i honestly think it's costing RM money.

02 Jul 2020, 10:10

HTPostman wrote:One of these days we are going to have to stop being scared of the competition, stop trying to catch them, stop copying what they’ve been doing for years.....and start using our infrastructure and knowledge to come up with new ideas and overtake them. Make them have to copy what we are doing.

Just 3 simple ideas I came up with after a few minutes of thinking:

Timed deliveries- let a customer on the morning their parcel is out for delivery pay extra to have their parcel delivered within a half hour time slot (rural addresses exempt).

Simplify everything. There are too many options. We only reall need 1st Class, 2nd Class, Tracked and Specials. Make tracked available to all not just businesses. Offer an inflight option for remote signature for all items (apart from SD which should remain our most secure option).

Proper investment in our PDAs - Data for the round you’re on visible on the PDA including dangerous dogs, D2D opt outs, flat access codes, hard to find addresses, toilet stops, start points of loops etc. Can be in a file on the memo screen. Would save so much wasted time especially for reserves.

You need one class of Letter , Next Day Delivery in the Collecting Mail Center Post code Area ,s , Day after in the rest of the UK

02 Jul 2020, 19:31

No manager has told me about this, therefore I'll continue as normal. They wanna try getting everything out daily first before messing about like this instead of taking two, three or more days to get through them when they've 'failed' your walk on your day off. Helping to claw back the £1m a day were losing I guess. Just as long as the public don't find out. Shhhh.

02 Jul 2020, 20:13

Oh the punters know all right, I make a point in telling them. Especially the business owners, some of whom are going into meltdown.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2