not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Mondays are now the new Tuesday.

29 Jun 2020, 13:12

Today it almost wasn't worth going out on my delivery. Last letter 11.30 back home at 12 and now being paid till 2.30. (Yes i took both my breaks) So what does this hold for the future? Is this laying the foundations to get rid of mondays letters in the future? Will our duties be redesigned so we take more out in the future?

29 Jun 2020, 13:34

glass joe wrote:Today it almost wasn't worth going out on my delivery. Last letter 11.30 back home at 12 and now being paid till 2.30. (Yes i took both my breaks) So what does this hold for the future? Is this laying the foundations to get rid of mondays letters in the future? Will our duties be redesigned so we take more out in the future?

Backlog at your local MC?

29 Jun 2020, 13:35

I don't think we can judge anything on the present situation never mind lay the foundations for something.

It is what it is, what it will be in 6 months might be something completely different.

29 Jun 2020, 14:10

Easiest day for a long time. Could of finished at 10.30 if I'd wanted to.

29 Jun 2020, 15:00

No letters , lots of parcels .

29 Jun 2020, 15:11

Very quiet where we are. 3rd Monday in a row that its been like it. I made 2 hours on my duty as did most others as well. We lapsed as well and there was nothing left back at the office to do even if the boss wanted to give us more. Someone said in another thread that it has something do to with DSA customers not supplying us with anything for Mondays and only supplying it every other day. If that is true or not I do not know. We are in a traditionally quiet time of year and we are told mail volumes are naturally down as well. There must be some big changes coming. 5 day delivery on letters, 7 days for packets and parcels within a year with big office revisions and changes to attendance patterns. Especially considering their plans for the tracks/shoe box and bigger sized packets. Id put money on it.

29 Jun 2020, 15:25

I'm just praying it doesn't involve job losses any changes that come. I'm right at the bottom of seniority and only in my 20s and I love this job to bits. I'd be devastated if I got told I was losing my job to redundancy :(

29 Jun 2020, 15:33

Munchboii wrote:I'm just praying it doesn't involve job losses any changes that come. I'm right at the bottom of seniority and only in my 20s and I love this job to bits. I'd be devastated if I got told I was losing my job to redundancy :(

I wouldn’t over worry . There will be thousands senior to you fighting to get out of the business if it comes.

29 Jun 2020, 15:39

Munchboii wrote:I'm just praying it doesn't involve job losses any changes that come. I'm right at the bottom of seniority and only in my 20s and I love this job to bits. I'd be devastated if I got told I was losing my job to redundancy :(

Think the USO is keeping everyone in a job.

29 Jun 2020, 15:46

The business already has a problem with an ageing employee dynamic.

That means extra cost in historic bonuses and supplements holiday entitlement as well as problems with long term illness and injury.

The last thing they want to do is get rid of all the younger members of staff and make the problem worse.

29 Jun 2020, 15:56

glass joe wrote:

Think the USO is keeping everyone in a job.

Keeping the USO in it's current form will ensure none of us have a job eventually.

29 Jun 2020, 16:14

I think job losses are more likely in MCs as the PSMs might mean that not so many staff are needed

29 Jun 2020, 16:19

I still had all of Saturdays letters so it didn,t make that much difference. :Boo hoo!

29 Jun 2020, 16:36

Same here we only took the biggest 6 loops that had not been taken since Thursday, lots of Birthday cards & untracked packets :sad:

29 Jun 2020, 16:37

30+YEARMAN wrote:I still had all of Saturdays letters so it didn,t make that much difference. :Boo hoo!

Yep, I had Friday and Saturdays mail in the frame before today's mail went in so no benefit to me either.....

29 Jun 2020, 16:43

deltaforce wrote:

I wouldn’t over worry . There will be thousands senior to you fighting to get out of the business if it comes.

Often repeated but rarely true.
I have seen two lots of VRs in the past 10 years.

In one office they had to get to someone about 50 on the seniority list for the 10th VR and in a different office there were 2 unfilled VRs.

What tends to happen is people say they are definitely going, then they get the quote and either it isn't as much as they had hoped, or it isn't quite the right time, or they realise that money isn't going to last very long and there is nothing else for them and they stay.
With approx 3 million unemployed I don't think there will be a stampede.

29 Jun 2020, 17:18

Whistl on a 3 day week.

29 Jun 2020, 17:20

Yeah unless you walk straight into another job or live at home then payout isn't as good at it seems.

29 Jun 2020, 17:45

going by PDA actuals, and therefore making duties bigger has to lead to redundancies. Mark Baulch was at ours a couple of years ago, and was saying RMs plan was take 3 duties for example, and making them into 2. that would make one of the duties obsolete. if this is indeed their plan then that would be the obvious outcome. but as woody has pointed out, it would be in the company's interests to get rid of the older/senior staff. all the ones who have years in and are in poor shape for the job. the younger workforce is far more favourable to them.

29 Jun 2020, 18:11

Is it that the mail centres are making their savings by only having a skeleton staff in Sunday night which has a knock on effect to delivery?

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2