not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Knee and hip

28 Jun 2020, 18:55

Further to my previous posts on here,now been signed off by doctor to rest my arthritic hip and meniscus tear in my knee,been struggling on my round but still completing but in pain,as colleagues have said all the time you complete ,boss won’t do anything,so have two weeks rest with a view to see what options are available at my office I e callers office etc,I guess they can send me anywhere?,while I wait for mri scan appointment?,meanwhile still keen on evr,but like many no doubt,anyone else been in this position,how did it go,did Royal Mail look after you? What should I expect?

Knee and hip

28 Jun 2020, 19:11

Had a meniscus tear in my knee , it'll not heal without an op due to limited blood supply so my surgeon said. Had 2 weeks off and 2 weeks ( although it should have been longer ) on light duties. Not sure if they'll offer you IHR on that and the hip as they are repairable.

Knee and hip

28 Jun 2020, 19:19

noggin1969 wrote:Had a meniscus tear in my knee , it'll not heal without an op due to limited blood supply so my surgeon said. Had 2 weeks off and 2 weeks ( although it should have been longer ) on light duties. Not sure if they'll offer you IHR on that and the hip as they are repairable.

Many thanks for that,how did you do your knee?what would you class as light duties?be interesting to see what my boss does,he hates anything effecting his budget,or lapsing or unable to loan out!,

Knee and hip

29 Jun 2020, 10:57

Twisted the knee when some **** let his dog out and I had to turn quickly to save being bitten in the bo**ocks. Op was a day job by Arthroscopy. We were going through the revision at the time so just did mapping. But after 2 wks being stuck in the office listening to the Line'os and DIM prattle on , I said I'd skip the rest of rehab and go back out on delivery dosed on painkillers.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 1