not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Lump sum (NPen)

26 Jun 2020, 12:05

Anyone enlighten me on what this payment is on my pay Slip this week?

Lump sum (NPen)

26 Jun 2020, 12:17

Coronavirus bonus payment.

Lump sum (NPen)

26 Jun 2020, 12:29

Cheers. Nice to know the monetary value of risking our lives since COVID day 1

Lump sum (NPen)

26 Jun 2020, 14:03

ArthurPewty wrote:Cheers. Nice to know the monetary value of risking our lives since COVID day 1

Just doing the job you are well paid for, nothing more nothing less.

Lump sum (NPen)

26 Jun 2020, 17:11

HA1 wrote:
ArthurPewty wrote:Cheers. Nice to know the monetary value of risking our lives since COVID day 1

well paid? :funneh

Lump sum (NPen)

26 Jun 2020, 18:30

FirstPost wrote:
HA1 wrote:

It is hilarious that people keep trotting this out isn't it.

We earn barely £1 an hour take home pay over the ''Living Wage''

I know of ''full time mummies'' who get more in Benefits than I get for a basic 30 hour week.

Lump sum (NPen)

26 Jun 2020, 19:05

I remember years ago when i used to be at Parcelforce we had a guy a father of four. Young and fat, very lazy. He lasted about 3 odd months and said he's better off staying on benefits. Difference will be minimal and no hard graft required.

Lump sum (NPen)

27 Jun 2020, 07:55

wacko74 wrote:
We earn barely £1 an hour take home pay over the ''Living Wage''

National Living wage - £8.72
Real Living Wage - £9.30 (£10.75 London)
Posties wage - 12.25 (Excl London weighting - I think outer London is about £14/hour)

I am not sure where you get "barely £1/hour"?

Lump sum (NPen)

27 Jun 2020, 08:30

I find it beyond believable just how many moans this bonus has created. Moaning at first because there was nothing, then moaning that it wasn't enough, moaning that it wasn't going to be paid until the end of June, moaning that it was pro rata, moaning that some isolating got it, moaning about it being subject to tax, moaning that agency workers (who are neither employed or paid by RM) should have got it......the list goes on.

Just think, if Rico had stayed he would have saved all this moaning for you as there would not have been a bonus to moan about in the first place!

Terry Pullinger and co in the CWU must be shaking their heads in disbelief and thinking "why f*****g bother" at these reactions to what would have been hard work by them to squeeze this bonus out of RM, and for those who have done nothing but moan - just remember - the CWU got this bonus for us - so those who moan away but are not even in the union actually had MORE of a bonus, as union members like me pay for this representation each week out of our wages.

My other half is one of the many who is highly unlikely to have a job to go back to when her furlough finishes......whilst I appreciate we have been vulnerable during this pandemic, we have earned good money compared to millions of others and should just take a minute to step back and reflect that. Our bills have still been paid!

As with usual protocol, everybody calls this job every name under the sun but seldom few actually grow a pair, vote with their feet and leave to seek this apparent wonderful greener grass outside of RM.

And before the insults start, I am just a humble postie like yourselves with no desire whatsoever to do anything else...come in, do the job, go home - I am just giving an opinion and view based on what the vast majority of people outside of RM would be saying, particularly those who will have no job to go back to, maybe have to sell their houses, risk family break ups, etc etc.
Last edited by barncopxx on 27 Jun 2020, 12:13, edited 3 times in total.

Lump sum (NPen)

27 Jun 2020, 09:34

barncopxx wrote:I find it beyond believable just how many moans this bonus has created. Moaning at first because there was nothing, then moaning that it wasn't enough, moaning that it wasn't going to be paid until the end of June, moaning that it was pro rata, moaning that some isolating got it, moaning about it being subject to tax, moaning that agency workers (who are neither employed or paid by RM) should have got it......the list goes on.

Just think, if Rico had stayed he would have saved all this moaning for you as there would not have been a bonus in the first place!

Terry Pullinger and co in the CWU must be shaking their heads in disbelief and thinking "why f*****g bother" at these reactions to what would have been hard work by them to squeeze this bonus out of RM, and for those who have done nothing but moan - just remember - the CWU got this bonus for us - so those who moan away but are not even in the union actually had more of a bonus, as union members like me pay for this representation each week out of our wages.

My other half is one of the many who is highly unlikely to have a job to go back to when her furlough finishes......whilst I appreciate we have been vulnerable during this pandemic, we have earned good money compared to millions of others and should just take a minute to step back and reflect that. Our bills have still been paid!

As with usual protocol, everybody calls this job every name under the sun but seldom few actually grow a pair, vote with their feet and leave to seek this apparent wonderful greener grass outside of RM.

And before the insults start, I am just a humble postie like yourselves with no desire whatsoever to do anything else...come in, do the job, go home - I am just giving an opinion and view based on what the vast majority of people outside of RM would be saying, particularly those who will have no job to go back to, maybe have to sell their houses as a result etc etc.

hear hear.

Lump sum (NPen)

27 Jun 2020, 11:10

Jefferson Starfish wrote:Coronavirus bonus payment.

Sweet.

Got a grand total of £37 for being on sick and then medical retirement :nana

£uck knows how they worked that one out.

Fully expect a phone call from HR asking for it back :crazy:

barncopxx wrote:I find it beyond believable just how many moans this bonus has created. Moaning at first because there was nothing, then moaning that it wasn't enough, moaning that it wasn't going to be paid until the end of June, moaning that it was pro rata, moaning that some isolating got it, moaning about it being subject to tax, moaning that agency workers (who are neither employed or paid by RM) should have got it......the list goes on.

Just think, if Rico had stayed he would have saved all this moaning for you as there would not have been a bonus in the first place!

Terry Pullinger and co in the CWU must be shaking their heads in disbelief and thinking "why f*****g bother" at these reactions to what would have been hard work by them to squeeze this bonus out of RM, and for those who have done nothing but moan - just remember - the CWU got this bonus for us - so those who moan away but are not even in the union actually had more of a bonus, as union members like me pay for this representation each week out of our wages.

And before the insults start, I am just a humble postie like yourselves with no desire whatsoever to do anything else...come in, do the job, go home - I am just giving an opinion and view based on what the vast majority of people outside of RM would be saying, particularly those who will have no job to go back to, maybe have to sell their houses as a result etc etc.

Bloody good post. :Applause :Applause :Applause

Pretty much sums up everything that's wrong with a vast majority of the workforce in this company.

Moan and complain a lot but unwilling to stick their heads up over the trenches, be counted and stand up for themselves or their colleagues.

Institutionalised moaners.

Lump sum (NPen)

27 Jun 2020, 12:58

barncopxx wrote: - just remember - the CWU got this bonus for us -

Did they?
And then had absolutely no say in how that bonus was paid?

Lump sum (NPen)

27 Jun 2020, 21:15

There is a huge sense of entitlement within RMG. Some could do with going outside the very comfortable four walls of RMG and see what the real world is about.

Lump sum (NPen)

27 Jun 2020, 22:51

afcdibby wrote:There is a huge sense of entitlement within RMG. Some could do with going outside the very comfortable four walls of RMG and see what the real world is about.

Like who explain.

Lump sum (NPen)

27 Jun 2020, 23:04

FirstPost wrote:
HA1 wrote:

You don’t think we are well paid for an unskilled job? Compare us to retail workers, other couriers etc.

Lump sum (NPen)

28 Jun 2020, 06:07

joewyan wrote:
FirstPost wrote:
HA1 wrote:

You don’t think we are well paid for an unskilled job? Compare us to retail workers, other couriers etc.

I think our job requires a certain level of knowledge and ability above your average shelf stacker and is also more physically demanding out walking the streets in all weathers.

Also most of those that are lower paid than us will be entitled to Tax Credits and other associated benefits (especially if they know how to game the system, mainly through having kids they can't afford) meaning that in reality their take home pay and disposable income will be at least equivalent to ours if not possibly higher.

Lump sum (NPen)

28 Jun 2020, 09:49

Never understand this well paid job term, when you think of some of the profits companies make and what their staff earn its more of a case of what we earn is probably fair for what we do its just that so so many are underpaid for what they do

Lump sum (NPen)

28 Jun 2020, 10:20

wacko74 wrote:I think our job requires a certain level of knowledge and ability above your average shelf stacker and is also more physically demanding out walking the streets in all weathers.

Apart from needing a driving licence, you need the same amount of "knowledge and ability" to do either job. Both pretty much point and shoot roles. I would argue that the job I once had with a well known supermarket was more physically demanding too. I kept dry mostly, but bottles of pop and cases of beer are much heavier than payslips and shoes. (but it was actually crap pay too)

Lump sum (NPen)

28 Jun 2020, 11:02

joewyan wrote:
FirstPost wrote:
HA1 wrote:

it may be unskilled but for the abuse and stress we put on or body, no. Pounding the streets every single day and mileage we cover!

Lump sum (NPen)

28 Jun 2020, 12:10

Just think, if Rico had stayed he would have saved all this moaning for you as there would not have been a bonus to moan about in the first place!

Terry Pullinger and co in the CWU must be shaking their heads in disbelief and thinking "why f*****g bother" at these reactions to what would have been hard work by them to squeeze this bonus out of RM, and for those who have done nothing but moan - just remember - the CWU got this bonus for us - so those who moan away but are not even in the union actually had MORE of a bonus, as union members like me pay for this representation each week out of our wages.

And before the insults start, I am just a humble postie like yourselves with no desire whatsoever to do anything else...come in, do the job, go home - I am just giving an opinion and view based on what the vast majority of people outside of RM would be saying, particularly those who will have no job to go back to, maybe have to sell their houses, risk family break ups, etc etc.

Good post. I’ve done my fair share of moaning here (mainly at the wasted hours in every office, people not working their full hours and ghost overtime) BUT I love the job.

I’m at a huge advantage because I left Royal Mail, did a few different jobs, then realised in my opinion this is one of the better ones so came back. I know everyone is different and there are some who’ve left and are doing better, good on them.

Jobs I’ve done:

Construction - Very physical, and boring. Wage: £13k a year.

Retail - Hours all over the place, difficult customers. Lots of lifting. £11k.

Customer Service for an online retailer - Awful, stuck in a stuffy office having to deal with stupid issues (you charged me £4.50 postage but the label says it only cost you £4.20). £10k

Postman - Lack of organisation but once outside you’re your own boss. Need a good level of fitness for some rounds. £25k (including overtime which on the whole is plentiful).

My Facebook is full of friends who’ve lost their jobs, I’ve one friend who was the most senior employee at a printer, they haven’t shut but have got rid of half the workforce, and it’s not been done on seniority.

I know the job can be frustrating, management are infuriating at times and it’s becoming a real 2 tier workforce (as seen by the bonus) but I’m thankful I’m in work. And once again going back to the bonus, as a PTer I look at it as £131 gained rather than £69 lost.

Previous page Next page

Page 1 of 2   1, 2