not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE



MRM.COM : Three-step plan : We need to work together to bring about urgent change

25 Jun 2020, 18:37

Cucumber wrote:
A2B wrote:
norris9 wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
norris9 wrote:So who is going first out of us Posties....

Will it be on seniority, whether you can drive, something else?


Is it possible that they might change all DO duties to have the requirement to be able to drive?


I can only assume this.

We are surely no longer going to be delivering letters everyday, we will be delivering letters once or twice a week. You can't be efficient in delivering parcels if you walk with a trolley. RM are trying to save money here.

At the moment we have non drivers who all finish way earlier than those who drive and they get to go home early, then on top of that someone else has to go and deliver the parcels for their round for them. It's totally inefficient and money down the drain for RM.


And where does the money for all these vans come from? You appear to be talking about a van per duty not shared vans, that's a hell of a lot of money to buy/hire and then you have the running costs per year.


About 90% of our vans are only used for about 5 hours a day. They won't be buying/leasing any more.


I know :shock: but that doesn't fit in with the previous posts, the vans will either have to be in two places at once or split shifts will come in, think will all know which one is more likely :d'oh!

MRM.COM : Three-step plan : We need to work together to bring about urgent change

25 Jun 2020, 18:42

If we went to just parcels some days then one van would take out 2 walks probably, you wont need extra vans.

I can see them keeping the part timers on a 3 day week on a 25 hr contract but a longer delivery span just doing letters,something like 6;30-1500 and prep your own walk. The full timers would be in all the time doing a mix of letters for one walk one day, the two walks worth of parcels the next.

ie
mon/ pt letters and ft letters +oversized
tue/ ft parcels 2 walks
weds/ pt letters and ft letters +oversized
thurs/ ft parcels 2 walks
fri/ pt letters and ft letters+oversized
sat/ ft parcels 2 walks.

MRM.COM : Three-step plan : We need to work together to bring about urgent change

25 Jun 2020, 18:46

norris9 wrote:
A2B wrote:And where does the money for all these vans come from? You appear to be talking about a van per duty not shared vans, that's a hell of a lot of money to buy/hire and then you have the running costs per year.


well - you have still got to send out another person on that non driver's duty to deliver the parcels.......in a van.


So the HCT duties in your office don't take out any parcels? Strange system, no wonder they are getting finished early

Is it in your duty to deliver the oversize parcels?

MRM.COM : Three-step plan : We need to work together to bring about urgent change

25 Jun 2020, 18:49

Items Shoe Box Size & above will circulate via the New Packet / Packet Hubs & LAT Delivery Offices

MRM.COM : Three-step plan : We need to work together to bring about urgent change

25 Jun 2020, 18:55

wallan wrote:Items Shoe Box Size & above will circulate via the New Packet / Packet Hubs & LAT Delivery Offices


This has been going on so long i'd forgotten about it, any date when it starts?

MRM.COM : Three-step plan : We need to work together to bring about urgent change

25 Jun 2020, 19:00

A2B wrote:
norris9 wrote:
A2B wrote:And where does the money for all these vans come from? You appear to be talking about a van per duty not shared vans, that's a hell of a lot of money to buy/hire and then you have the running costs per year.


well - you have still got to send out another person on that non driver's duty to deliver the parcels.......in a van.


So the HCT duties in your office don't take out any parcels? Strange system, no wonder they are getting finished early

Is it in your duty to deliver the oversize parcels?


You may like to look at the Union Room Section regarding the proposed introduction of Click & Collect Items up to a max of 20 Kl,s

MRM.COM : Three-step plan : We need to work together to bring about urgent change

25 Jun 2020, 19:04

A2B wrote:
wallan wrote:Items Shoe Box Size & above will circulate via the New Packet / Packet Hubs & LAT Delivery Offices


This has been going on so long i'd forgotten about it, any date when it starts?


Not been spoken about since Rico departed,and it’s an issue the CWU was dead against as they have said time & time again that it will lead to job losses. Be interesting to see how this pans out

MRM.COM : Three-step plan : We need to work together to bring about urgent change

25 Jun 2020, 19:28

antcpfc wrote:35 years in this job and I’ve seen enough of the CMA members do our jobs when we are on strike to answer truthfully I couldn’t care less.


Agreed !! They voted to take the 30 pieces of Silver , when we had our ballot before xmas and got a nice productivity bonus into the bargain. No pity should be extended from CWU members!!

MRM.COM : Three-step plan : We need to work together to bring about urgent change

25 Jun 2020, 19:33

A2B wrote:
wallan wrote:Items Shoe Box Size & above will circulate via the New Packet / Packet Hubs & LAT Delivery Offices


This has been going on so long i'd forgotten about it, any date when it starts?

The earliest it can be is once all three hubs have been built and the machinery installed. My gut feeling is that it won't be this side of xmas

MRM.COM : Three-step plan : We need to work together to bring about urgent change

25 Jun 2020, 20:07

SpacePhoenix wrote:
A2B wrote:
wallan wrote:Items Shoe Box Size & above will circulate via the New Packet / Packet Hubs & LAT Delivery Offices


This has been going on so long i'd forgotten about it, any date when it starts?

The earliest it can be is once all three hubs have been built and the machinery installed. My gut feeling is that it won't be this side of xmas


I think you will find they planned to start rolling it out in certain areas once the first parcel center became live. And the 300 local parcel hubs may have indoor sorting jobs which could accommodate non drivers along with continued HCT letter only deliveries . Who knows!

MRM.COM : Three-step plan : We need to work together to bring about urgent change

25 Jun 2020, 20:27

zipmeister wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
A2B wrote:
wallan wrote:Items Shoe Box Size & above will circulate via the New Packet / Packet Hubs & LAT Delivery Offices


This has been going on so long i'd forgotten about it, any date when it starts?

The earliest it can be is once all three hubs have been built and the machinery installed. My gut feeling is that it won't be this side of xmas


I think you will find they planned to start rolling it out in certain areas once the first parcel center became live. And the 300 local parcel hubs may have indoor sorting jobs which could accommodate non drivers along with continued HCT letter only deliveries . Who knows!


If anything over shoebox size is going to be delivered by the hubs it could reduce the need for more vans at delivery office level but as you say who knows

MRM.COM : Three-step plan : We need to work together to bring about urgent change

26 Jun 2020, 08:47

You may find LTB 331/20 Consumer collection Training Plan in the Union Room Section interesting

MRM.COM : Three-step plan : We need to work together to bring about urgent change

26 Jun 2020, 08:58

wallan wrote:You may find LTB 331/20 Consumer collection Training Plan in the Union Room Section interesting


Why don`t you just put the link here?

MRM.COM : Three-step plan : We need to work together to bring about urgent change

26 Jun 2020, 09:31

Janet Brum wrote:
wallan wrote:You may find LTB 331/20 Consumer collection Training Plan in the Union Room Section interesting


Why don`t you just put the link here?


Thanks but i don't really get the relevance, are you saying HCT's can't be used because we might have to pick up 5 x 20kg returned parcels?

Link here https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 15&t=96532

MRM.COM : Three-step plan : We need to work together to bring about urgent change

26 Jun 2020, 09:59

The Max number of items you can collect is not mentioned , only you can collect from up to 5 addresses & the max weight of an item will not exceed 20 Kl
A job for an HCT ?

MRM.COM : Three-step plan : We need to work together to bring about urgent change

26 Jun 2020, 09:59

The nearest van delivery will pick up any customer collection request.

MRM.COM : Three-step plan : We need to work together to bring about urgent change

26 Jun 2020, 17:13

wallan wrote:You may find LTB 331/20 Consumer collection Training Plan in the Union Room Section interesting


So we are all going to be collecting people's parcels, up to 5 a day....great, so what will be taken off our rounds to account for this loss of time?

MRM.COM : Three-step plan : We need to work together to bring about urgent change

26 Jun 2020, 17:32

SpacePhoenix wrote:My gut feeling is that it won't be this side of xmas


Xmas in which year though?

MRM.COM : Three-step plan : We need to work together to bring about urgent change

26 Jun 2020, 17:33

norris9 wrote:So we are all going to be collecting people's parcels, up to 5 a day....great, so what will be taken off our rounds to account for this loss of time?


We are underworked don’t forget so you should have plenty of time :shock:

MRM.COM : Three-step plan : We need to work together to bring about urgent change

26 Jun 2020, 18:57

I think they are looking down the route of owner drivers, like DPD that way no employee cost no fuel cost, no vehicle cost or maintenance.

Previous page Next page


Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3