not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 18:11

If you do the sums

1.30 million divided by 2000 = 65000

That is senior management roles.

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 19:05

krussel wrote:I personally don’t like to see anyone loose their job and there will be plenty of good managers who end up getting the chop. That’s a genuine shame.

However you cannot deny this has been a long time coming. As Posties with PDA actual data we have been micro managed for a while now with every working minute of our day mapped and recorded. In delivery offices after 10am plenty of managers are simply coasting most of the time. Plenty are on EBay , fantasy football and looking at new car deals etc. Ive seen it many times. Its been top heavy for quite a while.

Fully agree. I get on with all the managers here and wouldn’t wish for any of them to lose their job. But the majority leave by 11am, there’s one who’s only job, and I’m being serious here, is to collect the grey boxes and collapse yorks...I mean for crying out loud you could have an endless stream of kids from college doing that for free on work experience, not someone on £35k a year!

IMO management should be trained to work the planning computer so the frames are fully up to date. We shouldn’t be waiting for some oaf to come in once a year to print off the frame labels, half of which are wrong and then you have another year to wait.

We need a huge shake up. There’s too much of letting person A go home early (be it postman or manager) then paying person B extra to cover the workload.

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 19:35

HTPostman wrote:
krussel wrote:I personally don’t like to see anyone loose their job and there will be plenty of good managers who end up getting the chop. That’s a genuine shame.

However you cannot deny this has been a long time coming. As Posties with PDA actual data we have been micro managed for a while now with every working minute of our day mapped and recorded. In delivery offices after 10am plenty of managers are simply coasting most of the time. Plenty are on EBay , fantasy football and looking at new car deals etc. Ive seen it many times. Its been top heavy for quite a while.

Fully agree. I get on with all the managers here and wouldn’t wish for any of them to lose their job. But the majority leave by 11am, there’s one who’s only job, and I’m being serious here, is to collect the grey boxes and collapse yorks...I mean for crying out loud you could have an endless stream of kids from college doing that for free on work experience, not someone on £35k a year!

IMO management should be trained to work the planning computer so the frames are fully up to date. We shouldn’t be waiting for some oaf to come in once a year to print off the frame labels, half of which are wrong and then you have another year to wait.

We need a huge shake up. There’s too much of letting person A go home early (be it postman or manager) then paying person B extra to cover the workload.

It's beem made clear it won't be ground level mangement. It's the tier above them.

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 19:38

HTPostman wrote:Fully agree. I get on with all the managers here and wouldn’t wish for any of them to lose their job. But the majority leave by 11am, there’s one who’s only job, and I’m being serious here, is to collect the grey boxes and collapse yorks...I mean for crying out loud you could have an endless stream of kids from college doing that for free on work experience, not someone on £35k a year!

In DOs where the SD locker is a separate duty from the caller's office duty, they could have the SD locker person do that once all the walks have gone out

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 19:41

Seymour Buts wrote:It's beem made clear it won't be ground level mangement. It's the tier above them.

No it hasn't.

primarily focussed more on the most senior and non operational managers. Lower impact in field operations.

Primarily focussed.
Lower impact.

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 19:43

i think a few are missing the point this will barely hit delivery managers and line managers. This is non operational and senior managers on 50k + not the ones in the delivery units all be it there may be one or two per area that may go.. but thats it. They are coming and the next attack will be posties. Hence why there is a recruitment freeze and no date for these parcel hubs to come in. USO will be gone by October otherwise job losses will be far worse.

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 20:00

clashcityrocker wrote:
rambo1 wrote:
Grumpyoldmailman wrote:2000 out of 9700 to be made redundant, saving £130m a year. Just announced in the yearly results.

Actually costing £150m to save £130m.

That's a very short term view.
Over 10 years it will have cost £150 million and saved £1.3 billion.

You're presuming we'll last 10 yrs.

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 20:33

Terry Pullinger and Sky News on Royal Mail Announcement 2020 (CWU):

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 21:39

£130m saved, 2000 managers = £65000 per manager.

2000 managers

27 Jun 2020, 00:45

Managers are people with families too. Its no different to RM reducing posties.

Also have to agree on the fantasy football, looking for new car / car insurance. I've seen it when covering Delivery Support. One manger spent the entire day phoning around for car insurance quotes.

HTPostman wrote:Fully agree. I get on with all the managers here and wouldn’t wish for any of them to lose their job. But the majority leave by 11am, there’s one who’s only job, and I’m being serious here, is to collect the grey boxes and collapse yorks...I mean for crying out loud you could have an endless stream of kids from college doing that for free on work experience, not someone on £35k a year!

Plenty of Person A going home early for Person B to get o/t to cover workload. Currently Person A goes home early but Person B can only claim extended. Person B wont be asked to do a row WalkDidntGoOut on o/t. Walk is left for next day.

Cover lino only gets 7 - 11 (4hr) & she does more in that 4 hours properly than the full-time lino does in a couple of days. I spoken to her and told her to keep up the good habits doing the job properly as our DOM / lino are nice people but useless & incompetent. She might revert back to postie due to the lack of hours.

2000 managers

27 Jun 2020, 09:02

What the hell is a "non operational manager"!, oh i know, them one's that turn up every now and then at your D.O with a hi-vis and a name tag on. It's amazing that they can get rid of 2000 of 'em, shows that it's just jobs for the boys. Even the line managers don't work past 10am at ours, they can be found playing table tennis in the canteen.

2000 managers

27 Jun 2020, 09:15

claretandblue wrote:What the hell is a "non operational manager"!, oh i know, them one's that turn up every now and then at your D.O with a hi-vis and a name tag on. It's amazing that they can get rid of 2000 of 'em, shows that it's just jobs for the boys. Even the line managers don't work past 10am at ours, they can be found playing table tennis in the canteen.

Non-ops covers everything from real jobs like HR and payroll, admin and facilities management to those ridiculous made up "Creator of Pesonal Opportunities" jobs.

Not all of them deserve to go, just most of them.

2000 managers

29 Jun 2020, 21:25

Stella102 wrote:i think a few are missing the point this will barely hit delivery managers and line managers. This is non operational and senior managers on 50k + not the ones in the delivery units all be it there may be one or two per area that may go.. but thats it. They are coming and the next attack will be posties. Hence why there is a recruitment freeze and no date for these parcel hubs to come in. USO will be gone by October otherwise job losses will be far worse.

With the imminent retirement of my lino I wonder if the recruitment freeze will apply to a permanent replacement, or does the freeze not apply to management positions in "field operations".

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 3   1, 2, 3