not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 11:55

Sorry about the wording/spelling im not using spell checker. :thumbup

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 11:55

Steve_claret wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:A manager axed at least in every MC per shift?

It says 2,000 non-operational managers.

The job cuts will mainly fall on so-called "back-office" roles, including finance, commercial and IT.

Not all non-operational managers so they could still potentially axe a manager or 2 per shift per MC

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 12:09

Here's Terry:

https://news.sky.com/video/union-hopefu ... s-12014508

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 12:20

Navalron wrote:
Binsey wrote:
Steve_claret wrote:

Indeed and jobs that can be done by AI.

I posted on a few days ago 20th June on the day off cover question and told you about one of my siblings telling me what is coming and I said that people were going or remaining on rap terms. Linos who stay will become team leaders. There will be no more .com support of work coaches. Most offices with less than 50 staff won't have a DOM and will be managed remotely with the team leaders (A). Just like the old PHG(A). The delivery supplement is going, or at least their going for it. Remember if you don't sign the new contract which is your basic hours x hourly rate, with no allowances your out. RM have got the union bye the balls and that's why your not heading too much from Terry and dave. This will be done over the next 18/24 months. It's the only way RM can compete against the other low paying, bullshit self employed companies that are out there. How the hell can any company compete with Amazon who pay about a pound per parcel and pkts 60pence and only when delivered and you have got a bunch of retired/ bored people out in their cars for a couple of pounds. The overwhelmingly majority do not have business insurance. Do Amazon or Hermes act give two sh***s, do they xxxx. It's not their licence. Anyway their is a good chance my sister will be leaving RM, so I will get the dirt off her because the can aren't saying s**t.

Why would the delivery supplement go?? Do you mean that we would lose the delivery supplement and the twenty odd quid that we are getting paid OR that it will just be added and incorporated into our basic wages?

The signing new contract thing that ASDA did will lead to a strike ballot in Royal Mail if there is no negotiation or agreement with the CWU. Telling us that RM have got Terry and Dave by the balls is just scaremongering because you conveniently forget that we have already had 2 strike ballots. Anything like that happens and the company's 2024 plan becomes null and void.

Amazon and Hermes get away with being part of a gig economy raking in vast profits at the expense of a low paid and overworked workforce who have virtually no rights. Do you really believe that our Union won't do anything to prevent that?? The only reason why the CWU is keeping quiet is because they are in negotiations right now and only a fool would reveal their hand before all the cards have been dealt.

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 12:24

clashcityrocker wrote:Here's Terry:

https://news.sky.com/video/union-hopefu ... s-12014508

Never seen so many Yorkes.

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 12:25

postslippete wrote:
Navalron wrote:
Binsey wrote:
Steve_claret wrote:

Indeed and jobs that can be done by AI.

I posted on a few days ago 20th June on the day off cover question and told you about one of my siblings telling me what is coming and I said that people were going or remaining on rap terms. Linos who stay will become team leaders. There will be no more .com support of work coaches. Most offices with less than 50 staff won't have a DOM and will be managed remotely with the team leaders (A). Just like the old PHG(A). The delivery supplement is going, or at least their going for it. Remember if you don't sign the new contract which is your basic hours x hourly rate, with no allowances your out. RM have got the union bye the balls and that's why your not heading too much from Terry and dave. This will be done over the next 18/24 months. It's the only way RM can compete against the other low paying, bullshit self employed companies that are out there. How the hell can any company compete with Amazon who pay about a pound per parcel and pkts 60pence and only when delivered and you have got a bunch of retired/ bored people out in their cars for a couple of pounds. The overwhelmingly majority do not have business insurance. Do Amazon or Hermes act give two sh***s, do they xxxx. It's not their licence. Anyway their is a good chance my sister will be leaving RM, so I will get the dirt off her because the can aren't saying s**t.

Why would the delivery supplement go?? Do you mean that we would lose the delivery supplement and the twenty odd quid that we are getting paid OR that it will just be added and incorporated into our basic wages?

The signing new contract thing that ASDA did will lead to a strike ballot in Royal Mail if there is no negotiation or agreement with the CWU. Telling us that RM have got Terry and Dave by the balls is just scaremongering because you conveniently forget that we have already had 2 strike ballots. Anything like that happens and the company's 2024 plan becomes null and void.

Amazon and Hermes get away with being part of a gig economy raking in vast profits at the expense of a low paid and overworked workforce who have virtually no rights. Do you really believe that our Union won't do anything to prevent that?? The only reason why the CWU is keeping quiet is because they are in negotiations right now and only a fool would reveal their hand before all the cards have been dealt.

I wouldn't put it past them to try and axe all allowances and supplements or to axe paid breaks

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 12:25

postslippete wrote:

Only a fool would call a strike it didn't think it could win.
What would a win look like for the CWU?

Are we back to the "let's smash the company" quotes.

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 12:28

'Most offices with less than 50 staff won't have a DOM and will be managed remotely with the team leaders (A). Just like the old PHG(A).'

How does this work? what happens when bob phones in sick and they need to cover his walk if no management is physically in the building, Whos opening and locking up?

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 12:44

2yearpostie wrote:'Most offices with less than 50 staff won't have a DOM and will be managed remotely with the team leaders (A). Just like the old PHG(A).'

How does this work? what happens when bob phones in sick and they need to cover his walk if no management is physically in the building, Whos opening and locking up?

Whoever does the caller's office duty or whoever does the SD locker duty perhaps?

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 13:07

clashcityrocker wrote:Are we back to the "let's smash the company" quotes.

No. The CWU fought the law and lost. That was in spite of its huge mandate to strike last year

clashcityrocker wrote:
What would a win look like for the CWU?

The Union will want some return to their previous agreement made from 2 years ago.

An alternative is what would a 'win' look like for Royal Mail. If its the fact that they plan to spend billions on parcel hubs whilst simultaneously expecting their workforce to accept crumbs, then thats not going to work is it? Yes, companies are going bust and people are losing their jobs NOW but that doesn't meant to say that its going to happen indefinitely. The economy will find its feet and I think Royal Mail are using this pandemic to try and force through big changes. Its a bad time for us to be making negotiations right now.

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 13:29

postslippete wrote:

Never seen so many Yorkes.

That was Manchester MC. Certainly the outside was.

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 15:06

Navalron wrote:
Binsey wrote:
Steve_claret wrote:

How the hell can any company compete with Amazon who pay about a pound per parcel and pkts 60pence and only when delivered

Wow! on those Saturday only parcel deliveries that we did for 6 or 7 weeks I'd have been earning probably double a normal RM days pay on those Amazon rates.

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 15:17

norris9 wrote:
Navalron wrote:
Binsey wrote:
Steve_claret wrote:

How the hell can any company compete with Amazon who pay about a pound per parcel and pkts 60pence and only when delivered

Wow! on those Saturday only parcel deliveries that we did for 6 or 7 weeks I'd have been earning probably double a normal RM days pay on those Amazon rates.

Easy enough to do on a 2-3 miles square radius. Amazon drivers cover whole large towns etc.

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 15:37

Theres no amazon drivers in my area so the majority of it comes through with Us. During middle of april I went to the locker and had 35 special deliveries one day. 30 of which with amazon. On average I had between 20-30 special deliveries and I'm on a rural with 350 calls.

On top of those 30 specials I think about half my van just have been amazon.

If amazon got their own couriers in my area I think that the parcel volumes would go down by at least 60% in my area. Its f***ing crazy

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 15:40

I'd like to hear from one of the royal mail HGV drivers who goes to the amazon warehouses. I bet they will backup what I'm saying with the volume of special deliveries!!

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 15:49

A lot of these managers are a hangover from the Transformation programme in 2010 and the failed WCM project. A lot of them jumped from operational to planning and making macaroni pictures to stick on the office wall and have been doing very little bar coming up with silly ideas since.

Unfortunately there are also a lot of operational managers who we could also do without stuck somewhere in the 1980s where shouting and banging the table were considered positive management traits.

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 15:52

Cucumber wrote:
norris9 wrote:
Navalron wrote:
Binsey wrote:
Steve_claret wrote:

Easy enough to do on a 2-3 miles square radius. Amazon drivers cover whole large towns etc.

Exactly, the reason we see Amazon's gig economy as a poor living is because the houses they deliver to are scattered all over the place.

Our deliveries would be more compact and we'd be going to many houses on the same street. And don't RM deliver more than 50% of the nations parcels each day? which explains why we wouldn't have to travel as far between each property.

Imagine Xmas delivering small packets to large parcels, no post and getting £1 per parcel, £0.60 per small packet. You would be minted.

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 17:17

Woody Guthrie wrote:A lot of these managers are a hangover from the Transformation programme in 2010 and the failed WCM project. A lot of them jumped from operational to planning and making macaroni pictures to stick on the office wall and have been doing very little bar coming up with silly ideas since.

Unfortunately there are also a lot of operational managers who we could also do without stuck somewhere in the 1980s where shouting and banging the table were considered positive management traits.

Exactly.... morons! :Very Happy

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 17:53

I personally don’t like to see anyone loose their job and there will be plenty of good managers who end up getting the chop. That’s a genuine shame.

However you cannot deny this has been a long time coming. As Posties with PDA actual data we have been micro managed for a while now with every working minute of our day mapped and recorded. In delivery offices after 10am plenty of managers are simply coasting most of the time. Plenty are on EBay , fantasy football and looking at new car deals etc. Ive seen it many times. Its been top heavy for quite a while.

2000 managers

25 Jun 2020, 18:08

krussel wrote:I personally don’t like to see anyone loose their job and there will be plenty of good managers who end up getting the chop. That’s a genuine shame.

However you cannot deny this has been a long time coming. As Posties with PDA actual data we have been micro managed for a while now with every working minute of our day mapped and recorded. In delivery offices after 10am plenty of managers are simply coasting most of the time. Plenty are on EBay , fantasy football and looking at new car deals etc. Ive seen it many times. Its been top heavy for quite a while.

Once all staff are out on delivery for the day, is there any real need to have more than one mamager? Team leaders to perhaps come in at some point?

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3