not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Best/Worse smells on walks

24 Jun 2020, 19:45

And bins full of nappies.

24 Jun 2020, 20:34

Worst are blocks of flats where someone keeps a dog, horrible smell!

The rougher areas too where householders just dump everything in their garden or in incorrect bins. I don’t get how they can sit in their garden drinking white lightening or whatever on a warm day and not think ‘you know, the cardboard recycling bin hasn’t been emptied by the council ever since we filled it full of nappy bags and rotting food and it’s starting to really stink. Maybe we should put it all in the correct bin.’

24 Jun 2020, 22:53

I can honestly say the worst smell i ever encountered on my round was a week old dead body in some flats,when i got out of the lift i nearly puked and when they opened the door to the flat i can say i did :Sick :Sick :Sick :Sick
oh the joys of being a postman.

30 Jun 2020, 22:45

Yep I’ve had a busted packet leaking fish oil,all over my shorts and in the footwell of the van...yuc,nice smell has to be bacon,with the words “fancy a bacon sarnie postman?... oh go on then....all is well.mmmmm

01 Jul 2020, 20:08

Some rank woman answered the door and her feet looked like she had been treading grapes in a s**t and piss orgy.. They stunk that bad they set my asthma off

01 Jul 2020, 23:20

robbertwhitton wrote:Yep I’ve had a busted packet leaking fish oil,all over my shorts and in the footwell of the van...yuc,nice smell has to be bacon,with the words “fancy a bacon sarnie postman?... oh go on then....all is well.mmmmm

Had one of our postmen once sorting parcels, came upon a packet dripping blood addressed to a local fox skin dealer. Being the smart Alec he was he jammed it behind a radiator and told nobody. You can imagine the uproar for the next two weeks as the Environmental Health tried to determine where the smell was coming from. It was unbelievable, being the joker he was he thought it was hilarious.

04 Jul 2020, 13:07

People eating bananas on my round they are just minging, I hate bananas with a passion
Best smell is curry

04 Jul 2020, 18:07

Ozcabsmangan wrote:People eating bananas on my round they are just minging, I hate bananas with a passion
Best smell is curry

People eating bananas?

04 Jul 2020, 18:54

Ozcabsmangan wrote:People eating bananas on my round they are just minging

Did you know that women in China are banned from eating bananas in an erotic manner.

I guess that means you have to eat them sideways.

05 Jul 2020, 00:03

The odor wafting out of nail salons makes my day. It reminds me of that classic line from Apocalypse Now: "I love the smell of nail polish in the morning... Smells like victory."

06 Jul 2020, 19:21

Deliver to cabinet makers is nice the smell of wood beeswax and shellac, Sausage and onions cooking is good, and curry. Worst is dirty nappies mixed with fags or weed (and other drugs) plus general dirty homes.

09 Jul 2020, 16:29

Ozcabsmangan wrote:People eating bananas on my round they are just minging, I hate bananas with a passion
Best smell is curry

With you on that one. I hate everything about a banana. Smell taste texture. The things need abolishing from this planet :left:

10 Jul 2020, 17:48

Best. Fresh cut grass. The smell after you get a heavy shower of rain in the summer. Delivering to flats above a chippy.

Worse. Yes the heavy weed smell (worse in lockdown). Smelly green bin day. Rotten maggoty bin bags left in summer heat for 2 weeks. Yuk.

10 Jul 2020, 19:45

multiple nappies left in the porch on a sweltering summers day

10 Jul 2020, 22:48

Woody Guthrie wrote:
Ozcabsmangan wrote:People eating bananas on my round they are just minging

Did you know that women in China are banned from eating bananas in an erotic manner.

I guess that means you have to eat them sideways.

Thought they ate everything with chopsticks??

15 Jul 2020, 18:53

Worst: Bin lorries, dog poo and wee, rotting food, cigarette smoke, bonfires and vomit.

Best: Freshly cut grass, roast dinners, logfires, and flowers.

15 Jul 2020, 20:17

Best: Freshly cut grass. :Very Happy

Worst: Freshly cut grass while suffering from hay fever. :sad:

16 Jul 2020, 20:23

The pollen in nice gardens is unbearable on a hot day.

16 Jul 2020, 20:32

I have a few streets that smell like the best Indian restaurant in the world.

16 Jul 2020, 21:13

I'm thinking of spraying some deodorant like Old Spice, Lynx or Axe on the inside of my face mask so that I can walk along my loops and say, "Mmmm... That's the best smell I've experienced in months."

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3