not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Rm court USO

23 Jun 2020, 20:03

2yearpostie wrote:Heard on the grapevine RM are in court today to beg for the USO to go to 5 days a week. Anyone heard anything?
how true is this ? Is this topic going to be deleted like the recent fake pay deal one?

Rm court USO

23 Jun 2020, 20:03

SpacePhoenix wrote:I think if letters went down to 5 days it'd be Mondays they axe, there'd be no need to have any mech staff in MCs or MPUs on Sunday rate

And just do parcels/specials on a Monday?

Rm court USO

23 Jun 2020, 20:04

Dindin wrote:
2yearpostie wrote:Heard on the grapevine RM are in court today to beg for the USO to go to 5 days a week. Anyone heard anything?
how true is this ? Is this topic going to be deleted like the recent fake pay deal one?

Only what i overheard my dom and lino chatting about.

Rm court USO

23 Jun 2020, 20:05

SpacePhoenix wrote:I think if letters went down to 5 days it'd be Mondays they axe, there'd be no need to have any mech staff in MCs or MPUs on Sunday rate
business wouldn't accept that.

Rm court USO

23 Jun 2020, 20:09

They will just do away with Sunday rate like they did with Saturday rate. Problem solved. I've already told your what's coming.

Rm court USO

23 Jun 2020, 20:11

Navalron wrote:

They will just do away with Sunday rate like they did with Saturday rate. Problem solved. I've already told your what's coming.

??

Rm court USO

23 Jun 2020, 20:11

Cucumber wrote:
Rommagic wrote:Non drivers mon-fri.

Expect a sudden wave of people not able to drive anymore.

Or...'whoops I've taken a wing mirror off today gaffer. I'll have to come off the driving for a while...'

Rm court USO

23 Jun 2020, 21:10

How many times do we have to hear this , Saturday will go , to many businesses rely on mon to fri .

Rm court USO

23 Jun 2020, 21:13

chickenwittle wrote:

How many times do we have to hear this , Saturday will go , to many businesses rely on mon to fri .
maybe axe Thursday

Rm court USO

23 Jun 2020, 21:23

2yearpostie wrote:I totally agree, we just need to find a fair way of choosing who is working sat and sun, this should not be a seniority type thing, i favour a 3 or 4 on 3 or 4 off system.

If Sunday was just a parcel day....you could just employ sunday workers. No need to make current Posties work Sundays.

Rm court USO

23 Jun 2020, 21:34

chickenwittle wrote:

Maybe the mech will all go manual on a Sunday? It's probably going to come down to what's cheaper for the MC budget

Rm court USO

23 Jun 2020, 22:08

Monday- Friday Letters and small packets

Saturdays - shoebox sized tracked and specials only

Sundays - specials only and some sunday service tracked

With this you can have full time staff work monday to Friday. The reserves will still cover some weeks off for holidays. The saturday and sunday crews will be done by PpTs?

Rm court USO

23 Jun 2020, 22:29

The Sunday rate would have to be axed or the delivery staff would be getting it as well. Monday letters won’t be axed, we have already seen what the business want.

Rm court USO

23 Jun 2020, 22:32

Just wack up the price of 1st class mail to 2x or 3x the current cost.

2nd class mail can become a Monday or Thursday delivery only. If you post by 2nd class post on a Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, then the post arrives Thursday, if you post on a Weds, Thurs, Fri, then the post arrives Monday.

Most houses seem to have post at least 4 days a week and most of it is junk or non urgent. It does seem a bit mad to be delivering this stuff 4, 5, 6 days a week. Would make more sense if it was just all delivered on the same day. So by this new 2nd class post system I've invented we will have heavier Mondays/Thursdays, but light the rest of the week in terms of post...

unless people hate this 2nd class postal system and just decide to pay 2x or 3x more for 1st class. But then maybe Royal Mail prosper.

At the end of the day this idea would mean job losses as they'd just be far less work to do on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, but maybe that could be slightly made up for by offering a Sunday parcel delivery service.

Rm court USO

23 Jun 2020, 23:38

Munchboii wrote:Saturdays - shoebox sized tracked and specials only

Quite often "large" and "small" Tracked arrive into the inward MC mixed together so you'd still need the same number of staff to process it in the Mc so they may as well just distpatch all the Tracked

Munchboii wrote:Sundays - specials only and some sunday service tracked

They'd have to a dedeicated version of the Tracked postatge mark for a Sunday service otherwise we'd have no way of knowing

Rm court USO

24 Jun 2020, 08:09

God, You lot don't half talk s**t. Nobody has any info, yet people are organising shift patterns :crazy:

Letters may be light at the moment but it's always light at this time of year. Hence why we lapse. Though granted it does seem lighter than last year but then there could be a number of reasons for that. CV19 being one of them. If RM try to model using current data they'd be mad.

All these rumours does no one any favours. Just chill out and wait for official word.

Rm court USO

24 Jun 2020, 09:47

Ren Hoëk wrote:God, You lot don't half talk s**t. Nobody has any info, yet people are organising shift patterns :crazy:

Letters may be light at the moment but it's always light at this time of year. Hence why we lapse. Though granted it does seem lighter than last year but then there could be a number of reasons for that. CV19 being one of them. If RM try to model using current data they'd be mad.

All these rumours does no one any favours. Just chill out and wait for official word.

Agree it all going a bit chicken little in here...funny though!

Rm court USO

24 Jun 2020, 14:04

I’m thinking we might get abit of an update after the stock market closes today and before the results are announced first thing in the morning. I have no source it’s just what I think they will do as there will have to be some guidance in the results about their plans.

Rm court USO

24 Jun 2020, 14:54

Munchboii wrote:Monday- Friday Letters and small packets

Saturdays - shoebox sized tracked and specials only

Sundays - specials only and some sunday service tracked

With this you can have full time staff work monday to Friday. The reserves will still cover some weeks off for holidays. The saturday and sunday crews will be done by PpTs?

This is my thoughts on how it will pan out too .

Rm court USO

24 Jun 2020, 16:43

Someone pushing an agenda again?

Here's a rota for you

Saturday's and Sunday's - to be worked on a rota basis of everyone who is pushing for the 5/7 service.

Last in first out for job losses.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3