not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Manager Harassment & Stress

25 Jun 2020, 00:52

First thing to do is start a diary and record EVERYTHING. Time you walk in building, how much indoor work is required, travelling time etc.

Secondly, inform this piece of s**t manager that you are now diarising events and any further "chats" will only be participated in with the accompaniment of a reliable witness. Tell him that whilst his behaviour may not be a deliberate attempt at bullying, that is how you are perceiving it and you are informally requesting thst this behaviour toward you now ceases with immediate effect or you will be left with no choice but to start formal proceedings against him.

25 Jun 2020, 05:30

One of the best things you can do is read up on the company/union policies, make yourselves familiar with them so you know how to play the system. I’m afraid it’s just one big game. I wouldn’t get sarcastic with them, just calmly respond - for example if he’s querying your work rate politely ask him where he thinks you can speed up and invite him out on delivery to give you some pointers.

We have to educate ourselves....like you I don’t think union reps are all that (but I couldn’t do a better job myself so try not to criticise) but I’m thankful for the policies and conditions the union have fought for. Just as an example I’m tired of seeing new starters sent to other offices, dragging their feet getting upset about it then going there in their car when if they spent just 2 minutes reading up they’d know RM have to provide transport, vans are at a premium right now so if they said ‘no problem, I’ll go to the other depot. Let me know which van to take’ management would soon ask someone else.

25 Jun 2020, 09:16

HTPostman wrote:One of the best things you can do is read up on the company/union policies, make yourselves familiar with them so you know how to play the system. I’m afraid it’s just one big game. I wouldn’t get sarcastic with them, just calmly respond - for example if he’s querying your work rate politely ask him where he thinks you can speed up and invite him out on delivery to give you some pointers.

We have to educate ourselves....like you I don’t think union reps are all that (but I couldn’t do a better job myself so try not to criticise) but I’m thankful for the policies and conditions the union have fought for. Just as an example I’m tired of seeing new starters sent to other offices, dragging their feet getting upset about it then going there in their car when if they spent just 2 minutes reading up they’d know RM have to provide transport, vans are at a premium right now so if they said ‘no problem, I’ll go to the other depot. Let me know which van to take’ management would soon ask someone else.

100% correct. And I wouldn’t assume anything about my local rep without approaching them first.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2