not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED 2017)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

06 Jul 2020, 19:21

Jahpostie wrote:
Donskip wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
norris9 wrote:
A2B wrote:I noticed from another of your posts that you have only been with RM a couple of years so you took the job knowing you would be driving and the rate of pay? Maybe you should have considered the risk to reward ratio before you took the job if you don't think it's fair?

Oh yes, of course. I should have never become a postman because someone with a trolley gets paid the same as someone who drives........right. ok man. Yes this is what I should have considered, what a fool I have been. I must resign at once.

By the way, the job does not have to involve driving. You can pick into a van share and be the passenger or you can pick into a trolley job.

What if van shares never return? My gut feeling is that they won't return and split shifts will be here to stay. For those who end up on the afternoon shifts, like it or not they'll just have to get on with it. With the amount of companies axing jobs, it's an employer's market and RM could easily replace anyone who doesn't want to work the afternoon shifts.

I reckon it's only a matter of time before RM force the issue of everyone in deliveries being able to drive

So you'll be putting your name down for afternoon shifts.

And just getting on with it... right?

Exactly. Those saying all is dandy and just get on with it are those full timers who will be working the morning shift.

The early shift has to be full-timers as they will have to do the IPS, prep, etc unless they don't the IPS, prep etc gets done later and so everything is later (including the afternoon shift). You can dream on if you think RM will have part timers in just to do the IPS, prep, etc

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

06 Jul 2020, 19:25

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Jahpostie wrote:
Donskip wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:
norris9 wrote:
A2B wrote:I noticed from another of your posts that you have only been with RM a couple of years so you took the job knowing you would be driving and the rate of pay? Maybe you should have considered the risk to reward ratio before you took the job if you don't think it's fair?

Oh yes, of course. I should have never become a postman because someone with a trolley gets paid the same as someone who drives........right. ok man. Yes this is what I should have considered, what a fool I have been. I must resign at once.

By the way, the job does not have to involve driving. You can pick into a van share and be the passenger or you can pick into a trolley job.

What if van shares never return? My gut feeling is that they won't return and split shifts will be here to stay. For those who end up on the afternoon shifts, like it or not they'll just have to get on with it. With the amount of companies axing jobs, it's an employer's market and RM could easily replace anyone who doesn't want to work the afternoon shifts.

I reckon it's only a matter of time before RM force the issue of everyone in deliveries being able to drive

So you'll be putting your name down for afternoon shifts.

And just getting on with it... right?

Exactly. Those saying all is dandy and just get on with it are those full timers who will be working the morning shift.

The early shift has to be full-timers as they will have to do the IPS, prep, etc unless they don't the IPS, prep etc gets done later and so everything is later (including the afternoon shift). You can dream on if you think RM will have part timers in just to do the IPS, prep, etc

The point is, a full timer has no right to tell part timers just to get on with it as it is easy to say when they are unaffected.

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

06 Jul 2020, 19:31

A fair bit will come down to the FT/PT split and how many staff are normally needed for the indoor work. If a DO normally needs say 20 staff for the indoor work and has 20 full timers then they'll be in the morning and then the part timers will be a mix of morning or afternoon (outdoor only). If it ends up with a resign and the part timers higher up the seniority list all grab the morning shifts then it'll be a case of tough luck for the rest of the part timers

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

06 Jul 2020, 19:43

Jahpostie wrote:

It's all forum talk at the moment, we could be putting 2+2 together and getting 5 :d'oh!

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

06 Jul 2020, 19:48

A2B wrote:
Jahpostie wrote:

It's all forum talk at the moment, we could be putting 2+2 together and getting 5 :d'oh!

RM are more than likely analysing the PDA data from before covid and since and are probably evaluating which way of doing things is better financially for them

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

07 Jul 2020, 00:29

Early / Late shifts
Singleton duties
covid rumour mill full steam ahead.

Still to see what the future holds especially with social distances, uso review, parcel strategy etc. Remember Rico was moved along because the new parcel strategy wasnt being implemented fast enough. Rico was a stick person, the new ceo is a carrot person. Strategy wont change in my opinion. I like it the way it is and hope it doesnt change, our currently implemented P&L.

In the past drivers did get a Driving Allowance but that stopped before P&L came in.

I can drive for Royal Mail and regularly get taken off my walk because of it. I picked a passenger duty and I prefer being the passenger. If the driver was paid more i would pick a drivers duty otherwise I would always pick a passenger duty. Thats just my preference. My partner prefers the drivers side as there are less delivery points. Thats his preference.

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

07 Jul 2020, 12:52

Our DOM was expecting 2 in a van to return yesterday, but he said the union blocked it.

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

07 Jul 2020, 14:27

claretandblue wrote:Our DOM was expecting 2 in a van to return yesterday, but he said the union blocked it.

If that is the case it would be reassuring to hear from the union about this. I understand that they are in talks with RM, but this is a separate issue.

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

07 Jul 2020, 17:48

claretandblue wrote:Our DOM was expecting 2 in a van to return yesterday, but he said the union blocked it.

I would doubt if the union had enough clout to "block" the business from returning to two in a van, I would also question whether there would be enough support amongst the national officers to do so.

The union after all would prefer the status quo pre- Covid-19 to some radical overhaul of working practices that could cost jobs.

I'm calling your DOM a liar, hope you don't mind.

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

07 Jul 2020, 18:21

Had it confirmed from a DSM yesterday Royal Mail are not going to return to pre covid methods, Take from that what you will.

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

07 Jul 2020, 20:11

I hate the arrogance of full timers about time you all got brought down to earth and live in the real world like the rest of us I can't wait for you scum bags to get punished x

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

07 Jul 2020, 20:26

2yearpostie wrote:Had it confirmed from a DSM yesterday Royal Mail are not going to return to pre covid methods, Take from that what you will.

Thats good cause prior to covid19 we regularly had lapsing to do. Apparently, there are "revisions" in place instead. I don't know where I heard it from though, it might just be a Chinese whisper??

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

07 Jul 2020, 21:01

theelegend701 wrote:I hate the arrogance of full timers about time you all got brought down to earth and live in the real world like the rest of us I can't wait for you scum bags to get punished x

that's a bit harsh and offensive and hope admin act on it
being a FT worker i've always expressed the way PT staff are treat and take offence to your comment and really makes me wonder why i usually side with the likes of you!

1 thing i'd always say to a PT'er is that they accepted the role on the hours offered and should cut their cloth accordingly based on their minimum hours, far too many rely/demand on more hours to make ends meet, that's wrong,
i spent 7 years PT and always had enough to pay bills when no overtime available

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

07 Jul 2020, 21:38

Calm down soft lad

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

07 Jul 2020, 21:40

theelegend701 wrote:I hate the arrogance of full timers about time you all got brought down to earth and live in the real world like the rest of us I can't wait for you scum bags to get punished x

Fair enough and if I have to vote on a deal that makes me Monday to Friday and a load of part timers lose jobs because of it I'll vote in favour without a moment's hesitation x

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

07 Jul 2020, 21:55

citypostie wrote:

Fair enough and if I have to vote on a deal that makes me Monday to Friday and a load of part timers lose jobs because of it I'll vote in favour without a moment's hesitation x

Dont stoop to his level

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

07 Jul 2020, 22:06

2yearpostie wrote:Had it confirmed from a DSM yesterday Royal Mail are not going to return to pre covid methods, Take from that what you will.

Enid Blyton’s at it again I see...

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

07 Jul 2020, 22:16

Acca Dacca wrote:
citypostie wrote:

Dont stoop to his level

Maybe he's sick of the "just get on with it" attitude that us part timers have to listen to while full timers just do their usual.

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

07 Jul 2020, 22:44

citypostie wrote:

This.

2 IN A VAN AGAIN?

08 Jul 2020, 06:26

A LOT of 'designed to be divisive' posts on here recently. Remember that not all the 'just get on with' it posts are F/T > P/T they're mostly just from arseholes of all stripes.

Previous page Next page

Page 14 of 20   1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20