not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Rico Pullinger

01 Jun 2020, 12:46

blue1873 wrote:
fb1969 wrote:From their reaction when they turned up, most of the posties at our place would sell their soul for a free pizza from Dominos.

Always been that way "1969" same s**t , different day :arrrghhh :d'oh!

OIP.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rico Pullinger

01 Jun 2020, 16:46

TheTrolleyMan wrote:I see the d2ds have started creeping up as well ( we now have to do Saturday's within Mon -Fri )

We've been just taking where we are going and finishing them the following week. We were told to throw them all off by Tuesday and be careful you don't leave mail in the frames.

Rico Pullinger

01 Jun 2020, 17:52

now we have just kopped for more work from parcelforce , great idea :thumbup Would you rather be unemployed

Rico Pullinger

01 Jun 2020, 19:20

wookie wrote:
TheTrolleyMan wrote:I see the d2ds have started creeping up as well ( we now have to do Saturday's within Mon -Fri )

We've been just taking where we are going and finishing them the following week. We were told to throw them all off by Tuesday and be careful you don't leave mail in the frames.

throw them all in by Tuesday ? good luck with that but its a bit different when you have 2 dutys with 1000 calls on each to prep mostly double slots. , so what if the spec is an offer or something like that and ends that week ? and what if they are double slots ? it would take longer to pull them out with mail and then write the number on the d2ds on the property you aren't going to :crazy: , do you think the CWU realise what pressure this way of working has on delivery staff ?

Rico Pullinger

01 Jun 2020, 21:32

At least I get shed loads of overtime on Suntan Monday's

Rico Pullinger

01 Jun 2020, 22:00

worktotime wrote:throw them all in by Tuesday ? good luck with that but its a bit different when you have 2 dutys with 1000 calls on each to prep mostly double slots. , so what if the spec is an offer or something like that and ends that week ? and what if they are double slots ? it would take longer to pull them out with mail and then write the number on the d2ds on the property you aren't going to :crazy: , do you think the CWU realise what pressure this way of working has on delivery staff ?

Why is it any different, u chuck them in and it takes you as long as it takes. Double slots you take them both and deliver them both. The dates on the offers are not your problem. That was the agreement the CWU made, there is no more pressure.

Rico Pullinger

01 Jun 2020, 22:09

There is no problem if you've got a decent rep and if anything that's the union's failing.

The CWU is dominated by the LDC and because they have HQ on their doorstep, Westminster in their delivery area and the ability to mobilise a high concentration of members in a small geographical area their reps have real bargaining power.

Unfortunately they think every rep has that hold over management.

Rico Pullinger

01 Jun 2020, 23:13

TheTrolleyMan wrote:It's all gone too quiet for my liking

Quiet is good. It means both parties are talking....and one hopes getting somewhere ? My sources tell me we can expect a joint statement on Wednesday.

Rico Pullinger

02 Jun 2020, 06:17

Grumpyoldmailman wrote:
worktotime wrote:throw them all in by Tuesday ? good luck with that but its a bit different when you have 2 dutys with 1000 calls on each to prep mostly double slots. , so what if the spec is an offer or something like that and ends that week ? and what if they are double slots ? it would take longer to pull them out with mail and then write the number on the d2ds on the property you aren't going to :crazy: , do you think the CWU realise what pressure this way of working has on delivery staff ?

Why is it any different, u chuck them in and it takes you as long as it takes. Double slots you take them both and deliver them both. The dates on the offers are not your problem. That was the agreement the CWU made, there is no more pressure.

fair point :thumbup

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 2   1, 2