not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 21:31

Cucumber wrote:
worktotime wrote:
Cucumber wrote:
worktotime wrote:
endofdays1982 wrote:i got took off my duty a few times not on a saturday other days, whats the big deal?

well that's up to you but do you benefit from doing so ? the big deal is I push bike out mon - fri to work with my p&l partner but on a Saturday im going to be s**t on as a non driver doing whatever , and they expect my mate to try or attempt to do both dutys worth of parcels or if not mop the s**t up on a Monday or have a f***ing argument to finish on time .

Wait, so you are a non driver but want to deliver parcels on a Saturday?
How will the parcels get to you?

I suggest you drop the insults and maybe read up on operational needs.

the same way as every other day mate in a lwt . so it that not an agreed way of working ?

minus the mail though, so it can't be the same as every other day.
The reason vans are being sent out with packets is that they can cover a far greater area far more efficiently.

You'll likely be tasked with indoor prep work for the next week.

I don't think so and I will be saving £3.50 a week from non CWU fees.
Last edited by worktotime on 22 May 2020, 10:03, edited 2 times in total.

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 21:35

Frankie15 wrote:I've always been told that although you can sign for a duty you dont own that duty!! As stupid as that sounds. Basically everyone does as required or requested by your line manager.

that's fine then when all this shite is over , lets see what others think when they are pushed from pillar to post everyday , royal mails great plan .

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 21:37

worktotime wrote:
TheTrolleyMan wrote:Any changes to your duty have to be voluntary and not enforced

f***ing hell another one that understands , thanks as I thought it was just me .

There is every chance that if 2 people went out on a shared van duty with packets only then they would be finished very early some other duties would end up getting shafted with nobody on them.
If you are not willing to change the way of working then I suggest you stop cycling to the start of your duty.

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 21:37

Pathfinder wrote:
worktotime wrote:
Pathfinder wrote:You mean to say once I've got own round I can't be made to do anything else?

I always thought they can make you do anything they need you to do :nana

read the agreement mate , any changes is VOLUNTARY , don't comment mate if you don't understand .

I'll comment as much as I like mate, don't comment if you can't comprehend the sarcasm.

I actually have my own round and get taken off it often, this has always happened (in our office anyway)

and I will say again do you benefit from doing so ?

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 21:41

seems there is disagreement over the rule here...

So what happens if you are moved from your own signed for duty which is completable within time 95% of the time to a duty that is ridiculously big and 90% of the time you finish late... and you have been designated this ridiculous duty throughout this virus mayhem which for all we know could last another 6 months, 12 months+...

You say you can't complete it, your performance comes into question by DOM / management, you would go over your time and claim excess, but they are refusing excess...

You hate this duty....you don't want to be on it, you want to be left alone on your duty and not have your performance questioned....

Do you just have to live with it?

My concern would be, what if it is decided we permanently go to 1 man in a van........ what happens then, is your signed duty gone forever and you are now on X duty that is ridiculously huge.

If there is some 'as directed' rule, where is the line drawn, or is there no line and you can be forever moved to some total and utter rotten egg of a job?

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 21:42

Cucumber wrote:
worktotime wrote:
TheTrolleyMan wrote:Any changes to your duty have to be voluntary and not enforced

f***ing hell another one that understands , thanks as I thought it was just me .

There is every chance that if 2 people went out on a shared van duty with packets only then they would be finished very early some other duties would end up getting shafted with nobody on them.
If you are not willing to change the way of working then I suggest you stop cycling to the start of your duty.

no im not asking for a flyer and will work my hours as we do , but I feel as thought I am be discriminated against as a non driver , as they allow other paired dutys to go out and do there own dutys first in separate vans , so does that sound right ?

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 21:48

SpacePhoenix wrote:
Frankie15 wrote:I've always been told that although you can sign for a duty you dont own that duty!! As stupid as that sounds. Basically everyone does as required or requested by your line manager.

Yep, everyone has at the bottom of their 318 a bit that reads something like "or as directed"

not in this agreement what royal mail have thrown in , by executive action by the way .

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 21:49

worktotime wrote:Hi can any CWU reps tell me if there is a new agreement with royal mail that posties can be REMOVED off there permanent duty ? during this farce of Saturday working ? , as I was told there is a new agreement , and to be honest this s**t should have never been allowed to be brought in so never find a way to f**k posties around , and if this is true I will be pulling my membership \as will a few more , so any help would be appreciated .

There doesn't need to be any agreement to move you, you're employed as directed & management can move you wherever & whenever they like within your DO.

The only objections you could have would be if your start/finish times were changing on short notice or if they tried to send you to another DO.

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 21:50

worktotime wrote:
Cucumber wrote:
worktotime wrote:

no im not asking for a flyer and will work my hours as we do , but I feel as thought I am be discriminated against as a non driver , as they allow other paired dutys to go out and do there own dutys first in separate vans , so does that sound right ?

I'd look at it more like utilising drivers to cover a larger area more efficiently on packet only days, rather than discriminating against non drivers.
I suppose a fair compromise could be for you to say to manager that you are not happy with moving, but you want assured that at least a very high % of the parcels will be completed before the next time you are on it. If a lot of work gets left for the first day you are next on it, you simply point to that as a reason why you won't be able to complete.

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 21:53

norris9 wrote:seems there is disagreement over the rule here...

So what happens if you are moved from your own signed for duty which is completable within time 95% of the time to a duty that is ridiculously big and 90% of the time you finish late... and you have been designated this ridiculous duty throughout this virus mayhem which for all we know could last another 6 months, 12 months+...

You say you can't complete it, your performance comes into question by DOM / management, you would go over your time and claim excess, but they are refusing excess...

You hate this duty....you don't want to be on it, you want to be left alone on your duty and not have your performance questioned....

Do you just have to live with it?

My concern would be, what if it is decided we permanently go to 1 man in a van........ what happens then, is your signed duty gone forever and you are now on X duty that is ridiculously huge.

If there is some 'as directed' rule, where is the line drawn, or is there no line and you can be forever moved to some total and utter rotten egg of a job?

been down that road .
Last edited by worktotime on 22 May 2020, 06:58, edited 1 time in total.

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 21:55

worktotime wrote:
SpacePhoenix wrote:

Yep, everyone has at the bottom of their 318 a bit that reads something like "or as directed"

not in this agreement what royal mail have thrown in , by executive action by the way .

It's not new, as others have already pointed out they can ask you to do anything you are trained to do within your hours. If you think you are being singled out then you put in a grievance but in this case i don't think you'll get the outcome you want.
Last edited by A2B on 21 May 2020, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 21:57

ThatsNotPlumb wrote:
worktotime wrote:Hi can any CWU reps tell me if there is a new agreement with royal mail that posties can be REMOVED off there permanent duty ? during this farce of Saturday working ? , as I was told there is a new agreement , and to be honest this s**t should have never been allowed to be brought in so never find a way to f**k posties around , and if this is true I will be pulling my membership \as will a few more , so any help would be appreciated .

There doesn't need to be any agreement to move you, you're employed as directed & management can move you wherever & whenever they like within your DO.

The only objections you could have would be if your start/finish times were changing on short notice or if they tried to send you to another DO.

was that the agreement the CWU agreed to ? as its shite and I didn't read it that way ,

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 21:58

This is week 4 of packet only Saturdays - what's been happening until now?

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 21:59

SpacePhoenix wrote:

ADSO ... At the Discretion of the Supervising Officer ..so effectively they can tell you to do whatever they want within your contracted hours but only ever do it if you don't kick up a stink.

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 22:03

Or they usually move the quiet ones!! Ones that wont whine. At the end of the day the job is the same no matter where you do it. Your finishing time never changes!!

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 22:07

Frankie15 wrote:Or they usually move the quiet ones!! Ones that wont whine. At the end of the day the job is the same no matter where you do it. Your finishing time never changes!!

That's the way I look at it, I basically don't care what I'm on from day to day as I can work my contracted hours regardless or if I'm in the mood I can book extended. My DOM knows this and moves me regularly as I don't give him grief and he doesn't give me grief if I bring part of a delivery back.

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 22:11

well I had seen the comments over something that should never had been allowed to be brought in by the CWU and by sounds of it the company has used this to there advantage, yet again .
Last edited by worktotime on 22 May 2020, 07:01, edited 1 time in total.

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 22:21

Frankie15 wrote:Or they usually move the quiet ones!! Ones that wont whine. At the end of the day the job is the same no matter where you do it. Your finishing time never changes!!

Yes....this is what people repeat, but it's never that simple is it. You work to time, refuse to take some post out, your performance gets questioned, you get hounded, you have endless arguments, the managers ignore your opinions and just want it done because Herman the runner, who starts 30 mins early can do the round and wash his underpants before his finish time.

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 22:40

Exactly what I've said before. Our own colleagues are the worst when it comes to stitching us up. They will always make the job hard for us with their selfish ways. Yes managers have their moments but in my 25 years I have always found our so called own to be hard to work with.

New agreement ?

21 May 2020, 23:07

This parcels only on a Saturday is nothing more than a cost saving exercise. Plain and simple.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3