not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Scrapping none letter deliveries on saturdays

17 May 2020, 09:37

Tomorrow has got too be better then last Monday.

17 May 2020, 11:06

We had 5 vans not used Sat.Still loads of drop bags,letters left in office.Not enough drivers, they say its down to sick.Bullshit,nearly all the part times have had Sat as there day off.Monday will b mad again.

17 May 2020, 14:18

wazer wrote:We had 5 vans not used Sat.Still loads of drop bags,letters left in office.Not enough drivers, they say its down to sick.Bullshit,nearly all the part times have had Sat as there day off.Monday will b mad again.

I reckon PT staff will mostly be given Saturdays off. RM really won’t get much work out of someone on a 5 hour day...even if the van is loaded by someone else, he/she has to look at where the parcels are for, do a van check, 20 minute break, sign the van out, get to the area, get back, unload, sort the P739 parcels out. Plus very few PT workers have their own round so will naturally be slower. At best RM are getting 3 and a half hours work. Whereas a FT on an 8 hour day is going to get a lot more done.

17 May 2020, 16:06

HTPostman wrote:
wazer wrote:We had 5 vans not used Sat.Still loads of drop bags,letters left in office.Not enough drivers, they say its down to sick.Bullshit,nearly all the part times have had Sat as there day off.Monday will b mad again.

I reckon PT staff will mostly be given Saturdays off. RM really won’t get much work out of someone on a 5 hour day...even if the van is loaded by someone else, he/she has to look at where the parcels are for, do a van check, 20 minute break, sign the van out, get to the area, get back, unload, sort the P739 parcels out. Plus very few PT workers have their own round so will naturally be slower. At best RM are getting 3 and a half hours work. Whereas a FT on an 8 hour day is going to get a lot more done.

Other way round in our office, FT'ers - Saturday off (as not enough work even though there are lapsed rounds) so they cover the heavier workload during the week.
PT'ers cover Saturday - but 'There won't be any OT paid, so get your skates on!!' and everyone has just accepted it.

17 May 2020, 18:44

yellowbelly wrote:
HTPostman wrote:

PT'ers cover Saturday - but 'There won't be any OT paid, so get your skates on!!' and everyone has just accepted it.

Even that’s gone out the window up here, early and extended OT paid not that it matters to me as I don’t do any. Newbies sent out delivering parcels on walks they don’t know and that are not easy. I believe we had one who didn’t get back until 7:30pm last week. God knows what they were doing.

18 May 2020, 15:18

Same in our office no full timers in on Saturdays “to long in the tooth & stuck in their ways” part timers run the gaff @ weekends get the job done without crying like a baby :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo!

18 May 2020, 15:36

Hate to say it but it worked in our office - huge amounts of parcels (non-tracked) were piling up over the week on several walks. Came in today and all cleared... just like that. Saturday miracles were performed! Funny that. So basically the 'Tracked/Special' items are the bees knees... anything else will get done when staffing allows. If that USO does get watered down permanently and Royal Mail can get inventive on their SLA's we are all up the proverbial creek without the corresponding paddle.
Last edited by 1560loopsayear on 18 May 2020, 15:38, edited 1 time in total.

18 May 2020, 15:37

HTPostman wrote:

i put my own round up got 80 oversized and 3 packet bags of small stuff done in 5 hrs.

18 May 2020, 16:59

Mondays are an absolute disaster in my office. Everybody is claiming about 60-90 mins overtime.

They've created a huge headache, where one didn't occur before.

18 May 2020, 17:16

Some finished on time today better then last Monday.

18 May 2020, 17:25

Saturday = over 75% staff levels, most van shares still need two people (one walks out and back), first 10 people back were sent back out on large parcels that had been left.
The rest that got back early prepped d2d, most duties have 3 or 4 this week. Office just managed to clear with a few going about 15 minutes over.

Monday = disaster, IPS and Tracked packets took priority. Extra mail on IPS meant around 15 Yorks of packets failed, although all large Tracked were cleared. Less than half the duties finished on time, and around a quarter were more than 30 minutes over (no idea how many and by how much as I went home then).

Overall a pointless change for us, caused far more problems than ever existed in the first place - given the number of problems in Royal Mail that's a hell of an achievement!

18 May 2020, 17:47

Rommagic wrote:Some finished on time today better then last Monday.

I was expecting a better Monday. But nope, parcel levels are through the roof, and double letters (thanks for that RM).

18 May 2020, 18:03

We followed the 50 percent of duties recommendation, we had 3 vans for large parcels , 3 cdvs did 2 walks each and 8 walkers did one and a half each , worked well even had time to sort ip and throw walks off..

18 May 2020, 20:04

Rommagic wrote:Tomorrow has got too be better then last Monday.

Wishful thinking...........no it most certainly wasn't.

18 May 2020, 20:07

Murdoch wrote:Mondays are an absolute disaster in my office. Everybody is claiming about 60-90 mins overtime.

They've created a huge headache, where one didn't occur before.

Only 60-90 mins? Thats bloomin good!

18 May 2020, 20:10

Jack1960 wrote:We followed the 50 percent of duties recommendation, we had 3 vans for large parcels , 3 cdvs did 2 walks each and 8 walkers did one and a half each , worked well even had time to sort ip and throw walks off..

Jeez you must all be finished well early normally!

18 May 2020, 22:41

Yep nightmare day today finished past my time 5and half hour delivery,on a rural,others long gone,but that’s fine as finished early Saturday,I believe that’s how this works?.. oh the joy of old age and slowing down,and a manager quoting from his well rehearsed script,what joy!,,

18 May 2020, 22:47

Enough of this nonsense,let’s get back to ‘normal’ it’s not funny anymore,or is this system likely to carry on cv19 or not?

18 May 2020, 23:13

Most stupid idea since Consignia.

19 May 2020, 07:00

2yearpostie wrote:
HTPostman wrote:

i put my own round up got 80 oversized and 3 packet bags of small stuff done in 5 hrs.

Which kind of proves my point - on your own round you have a good chance of flying round with the parcels. You know every book and cranny, every shortcut, safe places, who’s auntie lives where if they aren’t in.

A PT postman coming in at 10am to an at best loaded van (unlikely) and at worst packets all over a frame delivering to an area they don’t know isn’t going to be anywhere near as productive.

Previous page Next page

Page 3 of 3   1, 2, 3