not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

Scrapping none letter deliveries on saturdays

16 May 2020, 15:23

Yes letter deliveries should recomce next Saturday I think.I don’t honestly think it’s beneficial to anyone.We have just gone from an office that copes well to failing in the last 2weeks

16 May 2020, 15:33

This depends on how your DO is coping, as some have massive backlogs of both parcels (and letters also) due to volume & absence however as we all know delivering parcels takes longer (and also takes up more building space) so having a day dedicated to focusing on clearing some of the backlog is in my opinion helping some DO's.. but not all of them.

16 May 2020, 16:00

ThatsNotPlumb wrote:This depends on how your DO is coping, as some have massive backlogs of both parcels (and letters also) due to volume & absence however as we all know delivering parcels takes longer (and also takes up more building space) so having a day dedicated to focusing on clearing some of the backlog is in my opinion helping some DO's.. but not all of them.
how can it help when we're having less staff in on Saturdays now?

16 May 2020, 16:08

Dindin wrote:
ThatsNotPlumb wrote:This depends on how your DO is coping, as some have massive backlogs of both parcels (and letters also) due to volume & absence however as we all know delivering parcels takes longer (and also takes up more building space) so having a day dedicated to focusing on clearing some of the backlog is in my opinion helping some DO's.. but not all of them.

In offices where it's been implemented properly and staffing is reduced in theory it gives you more staff Monday to Friday meaning there isn't a mess to clear up on Saturday.

In offices where it hasn't and have normal staffing levels not having letters on Saturday means you can clear up the mess from mon-fri.

16 May 2020, 16:27

elteleltel wrote:How can you have twice as many parcels on Monday?
Surely all delivered on Sat .
I like doing Parcels only as easier day for my feet and Monday you'd go to majority of houses anyway .

Looking ahead big changes are coming in some shape , more Saturdays off perhaps ,I don't like the job losses possibility but it's likely to be a leaner workforce in future.
One big drawback once people are back at work is the parcel delivery will take longer during the week and more 739's too.
Working to time most days and slightly over occasionally too .It's hard on my feet hence looking forward to much less walking tomorrow

Not all the parcels got delivered last Monday. There were still many left on top of the frame,a few larger ones left on a Yorke and a few actually squashed in the frame which clearly wouldn't have gone through the letterbox. To be fair mail was light but the bags were just full of packets

Im not complaining too much as I know it can't be easy for the guys delivering the packets for both rounds. That said I noticed all their packets large and small had gone.

16 May 2020, 16:42

Janet Brum wrote:I`m really sorry for your s**t situation, have you tried convincing your manager to start one hour earlier than 1.30 pm to prep and bag your walk?
Maye even 12, I`m sure you`ll have a van returning by 1 pm every day.

Try get a colleague.union rep as witness and talk to your manager. And be firm. And good luck :)

We do not have to change our hours its their problem to make sure we have the tools for the job.

16 May 2020, 16:48

postslippete wrote:
I like doing Parcels only as easier day for my feet and Monday you'd go to majority of houses anyway .

Looking ahead big changes are coming in some shape , more Saturdays off perhaps ,I don't like the job losses possibility but it's likely to be a leaner workforce in future.
One big drawback once people are back at work is the parcel delivery will take longer during the week and more 739's too.
Working to time most days and slightly over occasionally too .It's hard on my feet hence looking forward to much less walking tomorrow

Not all the parcels got delivered last Monday. There were still many left on top of the frame,a few larger ones left on a Yorke and a few actually squashed in the frame which clearly wouldn't have gone through the letterbox. To be fair mail was light but the bags were just full of packets

Im not complaining too much as I know it can't be easy for the guys delivering the packets for both rounds. That said I noticed all their packets large and small had gone.

Was a bank holiday last weekend.

16 May 2020, 17:08

Rommagic wrote:
postslippete wrote:

Yes,just realized :oops: Tuesday

16 May 2020, 17:37

Lino up here seems to think next Saturday will be the last of this shambles, I was one of the last ones to finish today at 1215 and we got all the d2d’s and Saturday mech into the frames ready for Monday.

16 May 2020, 17:43

postslippete wrote:
Rommagic wrote:
postslippete wrote:

Yes,just realized :oops: Tuesday

You was probably right saying Monday: While it was a bank holiday weekend, the actual bank holiday was Fri 8th.

16 May 2020, 17:57

Van was filled up with only large parcels today from 2 walks , more parcels than normal, took them out 45 ish in total and came back 2 I/2 hours later as have to drive 5 miles to my walk and then only had time to do the tracked for the 2 walks.
. Absolute shambles
Last edited by eastie on 16 May 2020, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.

16 May 2020, 17:58

Regardless of what decisions managers make in each office there will always be so called colleagues that will stitch up other colleagues to get their own way. Each office has these unscrupulous people who tattle tale or pull moves to get it handy with others get hammered. While all this mayhem is going on at the minute, having to work with people who are just so untrustworthy is soul destroying and really doesn't do much for the already uneasy workplace morale.

16 May 2020, 18:09

DReaming of going back to one man/woman delivering on the street. No having to put up with the occasional nutcase in the van lol . 2 in a van was always goin to cause problems with selfish ppl etc

16 May 2020, 18:27

Chelseablue wrote:DReaming of going back to one man/woman delivering on the street. No having to put up with the occasional nutcase in the van lol . 2 in a van was always goin to cause problems with selfish ppl etc

Don't think that will happen as years ago we had people doing own prep and delivery could see it being split and people prep walks and others take rows or loops of walks in city's rural will stay the same.

16 May 2020, 18:46

Woody Guthrie wrote:
Dindin wrote:

In offices where it's been implemented properly and staffing is reduced in theory it gives you more staff Monday to Friday meaning there isn't a mess to clear up on Saturday.

In offices where it hasn't and have normal staffing levels not having letters on Saturday means you can clear up the mess from mon-fri.

This communication is so funny.

16 May 2020, 21:02

Frankie15 wrote:Regardless of what decisions managers make in each office there will always be so called colleagues that will stitch up other colleagues to get their own way. Each office has these unscrupulous people who tattle tale or pull moves to get it handy with others get hammered. While all this mayhem is going on at the minute, having to work with people who are just so untrustworthy is soul destroying and really doesn't do much for the already uneasy workplace morale.

Sounds like my union rep

16 May 2020, 21:12

Happy with Mon - Friday my feet is much better after 2 days relaxing

17 May 2020, 03:45

worktotime wrote: managers are still quoting Ricos 20 drops per hour

Only 20 our DOM says he’s been out on delivery & 35 parcels per hour is easily achievable?

Yesterday some got back @ half ten & some half three :shock:

17 May 2020, 07:53

twoloops wrote:
worktotime wrote: managers are still quoting Ricos 20 drops per hour

Only 20 our DOM says he’s been out on delivery & 35 parcels per hour is easily achievable?

Yesterday some got back @ half ten & some half three :shock:
Tell your DOM that if they can do 35 an hour then surely they must be the most efficient person in the building to do them so dont sit in the office, get out on delivery and save the company some money.

17 May 2020, 08:11

Woody Guthrie wrote:
Dindin wrote:

It's the none drivers in our office who are being given Saturday's off, they aren't much use Mon-Fri if they can't drive.

Previous page Next page

Page 2 of 3   1, 2, 3