not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE

200 Quid taxable?

17 May 2020, 16:55

wazer wrote:I seen facebook,still think it wrong.How many staff full time compared to part time.So Anything less than 39 hrs( correct me if wrong) is part time.As for being off with isolation,yes some did and r taking piss, but lots came back to work who were takng governent advice.The publuc think we all get 200. As i said im grateful as i thought we get nothing.i suppose with employee who did his job s**t and still got a Mill we cant complain!!!!!!!

Wazer your post stated;
."Wot has it got to do with Cwu.Surley if they were involved they would have got a better deal."

So prior to the facebook video the CWU sent a letter to Achim Dunnwald,Chief Transformation & Strategy Officer, on 14th April 2020.
Edit of that letter;

"....Against that backdrop I would like to propose that in recognition of the work done since April 2019 and the outstanding effort shown during this crisis by all Royal Mail Group employees, a just and fair reward would be a straight one year above inflation pay award increase on all aspects of pay backdated to the 1st April 2020. Not only would this be a genuine thank you for all that our members have and continue to do, but it would also enable the space for us to continue our dispute resolution talks without the added pressure of an unresolved pay award.
I am sure you will have noted that many key worker employers have offered their employees a one-off payment in recognition for their efforts working on the frontline during this crisis and I would welcome your thoughts on making such a gesture to all Royal Mail Group employees."

I suppose some would say why did the gesture not come directly from Royal Mail rather than the union feeling obliged to request financial recognition on behalf of the members & also to the benefit of non members.

200 Quid taxable?

17 May 2020, 17:40

Since this bonus was announced I must have seen in excess of 100 posts about it over different forums. Do people have literally nothing else to think about in their lives? Post after post after post after post....not enough, gripes about not getting it if sick, pro rata, is it taxable making it less if it is....FFS get a life and a hobby! Even if they had offered 1 million pounds each there would have been moans that it should have been 2 million....Managers will be trolling these forums and all you lot are doing is creating divide and conquer, exactly what the top brass want. There are hugely more important things to concern ourselves with now.....Changes will be coming thick and fast. Stop whinging about childish petty things and focus on important issues.

200 Quid taxable?

17 May 2020, 18:20

chickenwittle wrote:I’m not overly fussed about the £200 but let’s not deny a lot of posties have used this as a free week or 2 off with pay that won’t go against their sick record.

I'd tend to agree mate. But then we have Colleagues that would take a weeks self certification if they Twisted a Sock! ;liar I know for sure we've got guys that keep a record of their sick record so that they know when it's OK to pull another weeks Sickie. There's not a lot you can do about it really apart from not getting wound up .... it's a Management problem. :cuppa

200 Quid taxable?

17 May 2020, 18:31

Woody Guthrie wrote:Everybody should have got the same amount whether they were part-time of full-time, sick or not sick, paid or unpaid, shielding or not shielding.

Too True Woody :Applause £25 Million sounds a lot but I'm sure we're all capable of some basic arithmatic, by the time we get it in June it won't even cover the cost of a pint of beer a day! :hmmmm

so it's not really worth squabbling over the who should, and who shouldn't, get what .... just more Divide and Conquer. We're all working and we're all at risk. :cuppa

200 Quid taxable?

17 May 2020, 18:57

barncopxx wrote:Since this bonus was announced I must have seen in excess of 100 posts about it over different forums. Do people have literally nothing else to think about in their lives? Post after post after post after post....not enough, gripes about not getting it if sick, pro rata, is it taxable making it less if it is....FFS get a life and a hobby! Even if they had offered 1 million pounds each there would have been moans that it should have been 2 million....Managers will be trolling these forums and all you lot are doing is creating divide and conquer, exactly what the top brass want. There are hugely more important things to concern ourselves with now.....Changes will be coming thick and fast. Stop whinging about childish petty things and focus on important issues.

But you’ve just added a contribution to a thread that you’re moaning about reading!!

200 Quid taxable?

17 May 2020, 19:05

HERE HERE GRS :Applause

200 Quid taxable?

17 May 2020, 19:15

Woody Guthrie wrote:Everybody should have got the same amount whether they were part-time of full-time, sick or not sick, paid or unpaid, shielding or not shielding.

No two people have done exactly the same amount of work over the past 6 weeks, no two offices have seen the same workload and no two offices have dealt with it in the same way so trying to compare who "deserves" it and who doesn't or who is "at it" or not is just incredibly stupid but we've all been through the stress of the past 6 weeks no matter how many hours you've worked or whether you've been home coughing up a lung or terrified that your husband or wife could potentially die from this disease.

We're supposed to be a union and in my opinion the union should have rejected the offer as Insulting to part-time members, encouraging presenteeism and discriminatory by association against members who had to take unpaid leave to shield relatives.

Those are supposed to be core union values, not the kind of "why should they get it?" attitude by some of the posters on this thread. I think it's a poor effort to be honest.

This is a tremendous post. Sums up how I feel. Everyone should get the 200, every single member of staff. That bolded bit :Applause

200 Quid taxable?

17 May 2020, 20:49

Dorset Plodder wrote:

Too True Woody :Applause £25 Million sounds a lot but I'm sure we're all capable of some basic arithmatic, by the time we get it in June it won't even cover the cost of a pint of beer a day! :hmmmm

so it's not really worth squabbling over the who should, and who shouldn't, get what .... just more Divide and Conquer. We're all working and we're all at risk. :cuppa

Totally agree! Yet it works because so many fall for it.

Personally, I’ve never understood why people continually end up getting all bent out of shape over others on a similar level to them while excusing everything that those higher up the food chain mete out. Time and time again, the oldest trick in the book and why a relative handful of people succeed in making out with all the wealth while the rest fight over scraps.

200 Quid taxable?

17 May 2020, 21:58

Work place coaches to to hand over the free money they get to help out the pro rata situation .

200 Quid taxable?

17 May 2020, 23:02

It's only right that the ones who've worked every day since the lock down should get the full amount, there's to many including the usual suspects, who've used the pandemic as an excuse to have two weeks off

200 Quid taxable?

18 May 2020, 07:07

barcajr wrote:It's only right that the ones who've worked every day since the lock down should get the full amount, there's to many including the usual suspects, who've used the pandemic as an excuse to have two weeks off

You do have a point.

There's 3 known piss takers in our office, as others have already mentioned, the types who have a week off with a twisted sock, who actually keep a note of their sick leave so they know just when they can next pull a sickie.

I'm in an area which has fortunately had very low infection rates, but guess who are the only 3 people in an office of 70 that have had to have time off due to suspected CV symptoms?

200 Quid taxable?

18 May 2020, 11:42

Any update on when its paid please? Thanks

200 Quid taxable?

18 May 2020, 12:29

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 71&t=96021

end of June .

200 Quid taxable?

18 May 2020, 20:18

barncopxx wrote:Since this bonus was announced I must have seen in excess of 100 posts about it over different forums. Do people have literally nothing else to think about in their lives? Post after post after post after post....not enough, gripes about not getting it if sick, pro rata, is it taxable making it less if it is....FFS get a life and a hobby! Even if they had offered 1 million pounds each there would have been moans that it should have been 2 million....Managers will be trolling these forums and all you lot are doing is creating divide and conquer, exactly what the top brass want. There are hugely more important things to concern ourselves with now.....Changes will be coming thick and fast. Stop whinging about childish petty things and focus on important issues.

I thought this was a discussion board. The topic is there too be discussed, yes people complain and moan, arguments break out etc but it interesting to see others point of views. No point complaining about a discussion taking place on a discussion board. I do agree with you though that some will never be happy with the amount.

Previous page Next page

Page 4 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4