not on facebook
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (UPDATED APR 2019)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : NEW CORONAVIRUS FORUM... HERE




200 Quid taxable?

16 May 2020, 09:38

No one and I mean no one should tell ANYONE to "f**k off" on this site. If anyone does this repeatedly then they will be kicked from the site.

I get you might be upset but if you want an echo chamber of people always agreeing with each other then this site isn't for you. So keep it civil and play nicely.

200 Quid taxable?

16 May 2020, 09:51

norris9 wrote:
If this is the case, why are RM buying loads of new vans and going electric.


Does RM buy vans these days? I would think that everything is leased but may be wrong. As for electric, every company is moving that way because there's government money available and it's good PR, think it will be a long while before you see them replacing fossil fuel delivery vans.

200 Quid taxable?

16 May 2020, 10:00

themailman wrote:I'd like to know where the figure of £200 comes from, genuinely.


I think they've just based it on the standard Christmas bonus even though we've effectively already worked the equivalent of at least 2 Christmases and counting!

200 Quid taxable?

16 May 2020, 10:58

I wonder if we should set up a fundraiser for the families of those posties who have died so far.

200 Quid taxable?

16 May 2020, 11:02

Everybody should have got the same amount whether they were part-time of full-time, sick or not sick, paid or unpaid, shielding or not shielding.

No two people have done exactly the same amount of work over the past 6 weeks, no two offices have seen the same workload and no two offices have dealt with it in the same way so trying to compare who "deserves" it and who doesn't or who is "at it" or not is just incredibly stupid but we've all been through the stress of the past 6 weeks no matter how many hours you've worked or whether you've been home coughing up a lung or terrified that your husband or wife could potentially die from this disease.

We're supposed to be a union and in my opinion the union should have rejected the offer as Insulting to part-time members, encouraging presenteeism and discriminatory by association against members who had to take unpaid leave to shield relatives.

Those are supposed to be core union values, not the kind of "why should they get it?" attitude by some of the posters on this thread. I think it's a poor effort to be honest.

200 Quid taxable?

16 May 2020, 11:40

HTPostman wrote:
GRS wrote:I know this may not be a popular thought but as a F/T I would be willing to drop my bonus down by a few quid (say £180) so that P/T get brought up to the same amount and then we all get the same!


If we truly had each other’s backs, each DO would pool together all the bonuses whether it’s £200 or £130 then split it equally. Wouldn’t be a huge difference money wise but would be a tremendous gesture which won’t be forgotten.

In my area of the DO for example there’s 19 duties with I believe 15 FT. Assuming the 15 FT get £200 and the 4 PT get £130 (not sure exactly how much exactly it is) that works out £185 each. So a FT would lose the equivalent of just over an hour pay whereas a PT would get the equivalent of a days pay, to some of them it would make a big difference.

Won’t happen I know but it’s nice thought :-)


Nice idea but we shouldn't have to come up with nice ideas like this.

Our employer should recognise the hard work and dedication that all employees have shown these last few weeks, especially with regards to the fact that the vast majority of PT'ers will have been working over their contracted hours

200 Quid taxable?

16 May 2020, 12:19

wacko74 wrote:
HTPostman wrote:
GRS wrote:I know this may not be a popular thought but as a F/T I would be willing to drop my bonus down by a few quid (say £180) so that P/T get brought up to the same amount and then we all get the same!


If we truly had each other’s backs, each DO would pool together all the bonuses whether it’s £200 or £130 then split it equally. Wouldn’t be a huge difference money wise but would be a tremendous gesture which won’t be forgotten.

In my area of the DO for example there’s 19 duties with I believe 15 FT. Assuming the 15 FT get £200 and the 4 PT get £130 (not sure exactly how much exactly it is) that works out £185 each. So a FT would lose the equivalent of just over an hour pay whereas a PT would get the equivalent of a days pay, to some of them it would make a big difference.

Won’t happen I know but it’s nice thought :-)


Nice idea but we shouldn't have to come up with nice ideas like this.

Our employer should recognise the hard work and dedication that all employees have shown these last few weeks, especially with regards to the fact that the vast majority of PT'ers will have been working over their contracted hours


True. I’m trying not to get worked up about it - at best I thought we’d get some free stamps each. I look at it as £130 gained. Everyone is in a different situation though and I completely understand that £70 could make a big difference to some.

Anyway I hope we all come out this the other side with our health.

200 Quid taxable?

16 May 2020, 13:45

Is this bonus for union members only, or all frontline staff?

200 Quid taxable?

16 May 2020, 22:19

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:No one and I mean no one should tell ANYONE to "f**k off" on this site. If anyone does this repeatedly then they will be kicked from the site.

I get you might be upset but if you want an echo chamber of people always agreeing with each other then this site isn't for you. So keep it civil and play nicely.


Totally agree. There’s room for everyone’s opinion and questions to be asked in a manner which needs to be respected.
Not everyone will agree with each other but honest debate doesn’t need hostility and abuse in response

200 Quid taxable?

17 May 2020, 08:07

does anyone have a rough idea of what a 25hr, 30hr and 38hr will take home after tax regarding the bonus?

200 Quid taxable?

17 May 2020, 08:28

FirstPost wrote:does anyone have a rough idea of what a 25hr, 30hr and 38hr will take home after tax regarding the bonus?


It really depends on the individual's tax and NI position but a rough estimate is that you'll lose 32% of anything you get.

An easy way to work out what you'll get before tax is 200/38 X Contacted hours.

Works out at about £5.26 per hour.

200 Quid taxable?

17 May 2020, 10:40

Is the £200 minus tax ,minus having no choice to self isolate, minus pro rata a sweetener for uncertain times ahead ? Great were getting something but it is peanuts after all the minuses mentioned. Prob works out about £2 a day for a huge risk , doms bonus will be?

200 Quid taxable?

17 May 2020, 11:01

Interested-seeker wrote:I wonder if we should set up a fundraiser for the families of those posties who have died so far.


Nice thought . I am sure many would be willing to donate.

200 Quid taxable?

17 May 2020, 11:22

Nice to have something than nothing.Shoukd b the same bonus right across the board.Wot has it got to do with Cwu.Surley if they were involved they would have got a better deal.

200 Quid taxable?

17 May 2020, 11:52

wazer wrote:Nice to have something than nothing.Shoukd b the same bonus right across the board.Wot has it got to do with Cwu.Surley if they were involved they would have got a better deal.

Hopefully this link will provide an explanation;
https://www.facebook.com/Thecommunicati ... =2&theater

200 Quid taxable?

17 May 2020, 14:23

If you had to isolate does it mean that the bonus won't be paid?

200 Quid taxable?

17 May 2020, 14:47

I seen facebook,still think it wrong.How many staff full time compared to part time.So Anything less than 39 hrs( correct me if wrong) is part time.As for being off with isolation,yes some did and r taking piss, but lots came back to work who were takng governent advice.The publuc think we all get 200. As i said im grateful as i thought we get nothing.i suppose with employee who did his job s**t and still got a Mill we cant complain!!!!!!!

200 Quid taxable?

17 May 2020, 15:16

rogersh wrote:
wazer wrote:Nice to have something than nothing.Shoukd b the same bonus right across the board.Wot has it got to do with Cwu.Surley if they were involved they would have got a better deal.

Hopefully this link will provide an explanation;
https://www.facebook.com/Thecommunicati ... =2&theater


Judging by the comments left on Facebook I don't think it explains much.

200 Quid taxable?

17 May 2020, 16:50

Spigot bearing wrote:If you had to isolate does it mean that the bonus won't be paid?

No you will get it if off sick or on annual leave but only if being paid if you are on sabbatical no or on special leave unpaid no.

200 Quid taxable?

17 May 2020, 16:53

wazer wrote:I seen facebook,still think it wrong.How many staff full time compared to part time.So Anything less than 39 hrs( correct me if wrong) is part time.As for being off with isolation,yes some did and r taking piss, but lots came back to work who were takng governent advice.The publuc think we all get 200. As i said im grateful as i thought we get nothing.i suppose with employee who did his job s**t and still got a Mill we cant complain!!!!!!!

Anything less than 38 hours is partime unless you started in the last two years in which you will have a full time contract of 35 Hours hope that clears it up a bit.

Previous page Next page


Page 3 of 4   1, 2, 3, 4